Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) 09:17 - Feb 19 with 11234 viewschicoazul

In a couple of weeks I am moving to Germany, permanently.

Since I don't care much at all about Ipswich Town anymore and haven't been to a home game in about 2 years, and since I won't be in the UK and won't have much interest in domestic politics and whatnot as I settle me and my family into a new culture & country, it seems a good time to recuse myself from TWTD.

I think I started posting here in December 1998 so that's a lot of time to have spent guffing about arguing over Louie Donowa, Holland or Kinsella, why Jim went mad (the great modern tragedy in our history btw) etc etc.

I'll be here for the rest of the week so get your digs in now before your favourite social conservative tedious moraliser leaves forever.
SUQ, etc.

PS, I added this as a football thread since I know some good TWTD mandem these days don't open General threads and frankly I want to bother them one last time. XOXO.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 09:20 - Feb 19 with 4682 viewsNewcyBlue

Good luck in Germany.

Whereabouts are you going? It’s a wonderful country, I lived there until I was 7.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 09:21 - Feb 19 with 4657 viewsBluefish

Aww I'll miss you

Aud wiedersehen pet

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 09:21 - Feb 19 with 4654 viewschicoazul

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 09:20 - Feb 19 by NewcyBlue

Good luck in Germany.

Whereabouts are you going? It’s a wonderful country, I lived there until I was 7.

Berlin.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 09:22 - Feb 19 with 4643 viewsfooters

Ta ra, tosspot. x

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 09:24 - Feb 19 with 4624 viewsGuthrum

Hope things go well for you.

Doubt you'll be able to avoid TWTD altogether, tho ...

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 09:24 - Feb 19 with 4621 viewsHerbivore

Admin, can you move this to general please? Ffs.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 09:24 - Feb 19 with 4624 viewsPecker

Best of luck in your new life in Germany. Hope everything works out for you. Safe journey.
Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 09:25 - Feb 19 with 4615 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Best of luck Chico. Brilliant country.

Go p1ss off some Germans, maybe support a bundesliga club and join their forum.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Login to get fewer ads

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 09:26 - Feb 19 with 4596 viewschicoazul

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 09:24 - Feb 19 by Herbivore

Admin, can you move this to general please? Ffs.

You're off ignore Herbs!

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 09:27 - Feb 19 with 4590 viewsBiGDonnie

Good luck fella.

You'll still post on here from Germany

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 09:28 - Feb 19 with 4585 viewschicoazul

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 09:25 - Feb 19 by TRUE_BLUE123

Best of luck Chico. Brilliant country.

Go p1ss off some Germans, maybe support a bundesliga club and join their forum.

A couple of guys I have met are big Hertha fans. They play in blue right..?

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 09:30 - Feb 19 with 4566 viewschicoazul

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 09:24 - Feb 19 by Guthrum

Hope things go well for you.

Doubt you'll be able to avoid TWTD altogether, tho ...

Cold turkey, it's the only way.

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 09:30 - Feb 19 with 4562 viewspatrickswell

All the best for the future. Maybe pop down to watch Town when they do their pre-season trips to Germany over the next few years?
Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 09:35 - Feb 19 with 4518 viewsusm

Best of luck Chico.
"See" you on here soon.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 09:36 - Feb 19 with 4508 viewsSteve_M

You'll come back, they all come back except for the ones that lose the plot totally.

Best of luck for the move Chickers.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 09:37 - Feb 19 with 4506 viewsGeoffSentence

Who will keep the collective TWTD drug habit in check when you are gone?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 09:37 - Feb 19 with 4508 viewsJakeITFC

Good luck mate, will be a worse place without you.

One positive to your move is that Berlin has a banging drugs scene.
Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 09:38 - Feb 19 with 4497 viewsKieran_Knows

All the very best Chico. I went to Berlin a couple of years back and absolutely loved it, and had wished I had gone a few years earlier as I would've liked to live there for a year or 2.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 09:39 - Feb 19 with 4486 viewsgiant_stow

No way! You can't go - who will wind everyone up?

Germany is an interesting choice. All the best mr - genuinely.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 09:45 - Feb 19 with 4425 viewshomer_123

Don't mention the war!

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 09:45 - Feb 19 with 4419 viewsFixed_It

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 09:20 - Feb 19 by NewcyBlue

Good luck in Germany.

Was your Dad Jimmy Nail?!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 09:50 - Feb 19 with 4379 viewsHerbivore

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 09:26 - Feb 19 by chicoazul

You're off ignore Herbs!

Best of luck in your new venture, Chico. You're a good egg really.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 09:52 - Feb 19 with 4362 viewsBackToRussia

How longs it going to be before you're calling Angela Merkel a Marxist? I give it a fortnight.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Goodbye friends! (yes this is one of those terrible look at me posts) on 09:58 - Feb 19 with 4334 viewsDarth_Koont

Good luck and hope you have a great time.

Travel and especially living abroad opens the mind.

Pronouns: He/Him

Sod off. (n/t) on 10:04 - Feb 19 with 4299 viewsBloots

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024