Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has anyone on here used a cranial osteopathy on a new born? 00:47 - Mar 3 with 4679 viewsdavblue

We had a girl 4 days and at night she's been awful, wont settle down at all and tonight she's been screaming in pain since 19:30 and it sounds awful, I've not heard a baby like that before.

Just wondering if anyones used an osteopath as it can help colic and traumatic births apparently.

Has anyone on here used a cranial osteopathy on a new born? on 01:36 - Mar 3 with 3722 viewsNewcyBlue

Is she bottle fed or breast fed?

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Has anyone on here used a cranial osteopathy on a new born? on 01:52 - Mar 3 with 3714 viewsdavblue

Has anyone on here used a cranial osteopathy on a new born? on 01:36 - Mar 3 by NewcyBlue

Is she bottle fed or breast fed?

Breast
Has anyone on here used a cranial osteopathy on a new born? on 05:31 - Mar 3 with 3659 viewsRyorry

What do health visitor and doctor say?

If you do end up going down the alterntive medicine route, just make sure whoever it is is qualified and registered with their professional body.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Has anyone on here used a cranial osteopathy on a new born? on 05:54 - Mar 3 with 3651 viewsPlums

Yes, with both of ours. My eldest had a very difficult birth which left him with a misshaped head, he was also very colicky and suffered with a lot of reflux - we described him as an ‘angry baby’ because that’s what he sounded like, especially at night. He’s nearly 16 now and I can still remember him almost purring like a cat during the treatment which definitely helped his cranial shape, he’s had no stomach issues growing up and he settled much better at night afterwards.
I feel it worked for us and him.

Edit: he wasn’t a new born when we took him, probably about 8 months old
[Post edited 3 Mar 2020 12:37]

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Has anyone on here used a cranial osteopathy on a new born? on 06:51 - Mar 3 with 3588 viewsElephantintheRoom

There is a bit of a difference between living in a bag of warm fluid and being forced out in a chily world where you have to breath air and feed. Especially in winter.

Are you sure your experience isnt on the extreme side of normal? Ive just spent a long weekend with my five day old grandson and he screamed and bawled most of the night which just brought back hazy memories of nearly ten years without a night's unbroken sleep.

he did sleep like a baby during the day though.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Has anyone on here used a cranial osteopathy on a new born? on 07:02 - Mar 3 with 3556 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Has anyone on here used a cranial osteopathy on a new born? on 01:52 - Mar 3 by davblue

Breast

Is she definitely getting enough milk?

My eldest appeared to be breast feeding, but wasn't actually latching on. We later found out that was due to a lip tie.

Went with bottle feeding to get enough milk.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Has anyone on here used a cranial osteopathy on a new born? on 07:09 - Mar 3 with 3530 viewsdavblue

Has anyone on here used a cranial osteopathy on a new born? on 07:02 - Mar 3 by Marshalls_Mullet

Is she definitely getting enough milk?

My eldest appeared to be breast feeding, but wasn't actually latching on. We later found out that was due to a lip tie.

Went with bottle feeding to get enough milk.

Yeah we think so, she’s doing it every night now which obviously it’s early but this was painful screaming, for the best part of 5 hours in the end. Nothing would settle her down.
Has anyone on here used a cranial osteopathy on a new born? on 07:13 - Mar 3 with 3527 viewsdavblue

Has anyone on here used a cranial osteopathy on a new born? on 05:31 - Mar 3 by Ryorry

If you do end up going down the alterntive medicine route, just make sure whoever it is is qualified and registered with their professional body.

The health visitor is coming today for a 2nd visit so we will mention it. We had a visit on Saturday but she was ok on the first night home. Wouldn’t settle but we put that down to her being at home new environment and every night since it’s been getting worse.
Login to get fewer ads

Has anyone on here used a cranial osteopathy on a new born? on 07:25 - Mar 3 with 3506 viewsNewcyBlue

Has anyone on here used a cranial osteopathy on a new born? on 07:13 - Mar 3 by davblue

The health visitor is coming today for a 2nd visit so we will mention it. We had a visit on Saturday but she was ok on the first night home. Wouldn’t settle but we put that down to her being at home new environment and every night since it’s been getting worse.

The very best to you all mate, I hope that whatever it is, is quickly resolved.

Has anyone on here used a cranial osteopathy on a new born? on 07:34 - Mar 3 with 3490 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Yes but not as early as that....would have no qualms whatsoever with doing so though....get it done on yourself briefly and you will realise how non invasive it is.
Junior was the same for years...fobbed off with colic....tummy migraines etc

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Has anyone on here used a cranial osteopathy on a new born? on 07:36 - Mar 3 with 3486 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Depending on where you are Miss Slave may be able to recommend someone.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Has anyone on here used a cranial osteopathy on a new born? on 09:23 - Mar 3 with 3417 viewsdavblue

Has anyone on here used a cranial osteopathy on a new born? on 07:36 - Mar 3 by BanksterDebtSlave

Depending on where you are Miss Slave may be able to recommend someone.

Thanks I’m in Oxfordshire so I suspect her reach might not be as far as here but if she does then yes please.
Has anyone on here used a cranial osteopathy on a new born? on 09:32 - Mar 3 with 3404 viewsdavblue

Has anyone on here used a cranial osteopathy on a new born? on 07:25 - Mar 3 by NewcyBlue

The very best to you all mate, I hope that whatever it is, is quickly resolved.

Thank you, we might be over reacting but the screaming and crying was unbearable last night more for her than us as there’s was nothing we could do.
Has anyone on here used a cranial osteopathy on a new born? on 09:49 - Mar 3 with 3379 viewsNewcyBlue

Has anyone on here used a cranial osteopathy on a new born? on 09:32 - Mar 3 by davblue

Thank you, we might be over reacting but the screaming and crying was unbearable last night more for her than us as there’s was nothing we could do.

Yeah I can well imagine.

Seb was like that after he was born. Ended up cutting a trip short because we couldn’t inflict it on the people in the hotel.

He ended up being allergic to the milk. Getting him off to sleep was a nightmare.

Congratulations on your daughter.

Has anyone on here used a cranial osteopathy on a new born? on 10:06 - Mar 3 with 3360 viewsNewcyBlue

MrsN is a midwife, I’m in Ipswich at the moment and she’s back home. I sent her a message and she has replied with

How many wees in 24 hours

How many poos

What colour is the poo

What is the baby’s behaviour, tone, colour, temperature

Is the mouth wet

How are the breasts

Has the milk come in or still colostrum

How often is the baby asking for the breast

Does it attach well

How are the nipples

How does the feed feel

How long does it feed for

Has anyone on here used a cranial osteopathy on a new born? on 10:35 - Mar 3 with 3323 viewsBlueBadger

I suspect it 'can' help about as much as homeopathy 'can'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Has anyone on here used a cranial osteopathy on a new born? on 11:15 - Mar 3 with 3290 viewsdavblue

Has anyone on here used a cranial osteopathy on a new born? on 10:06 - Mar 3 by NewcyBlue

MrsN is a midwife, I’m in Ipswich at the moment and she’s back home. I sent her a message and she has replied with

How many poos

What colour is the poo

Is the mouth wet

How are the breasts

Does it attach well

How are the nipples

How does the feed feel

How many poos
What colour is the poo
Yellow
Tone red, warm, in the day shes asleep alot and alert when awake
At night time post 7pm she wont be put down and is crying alot, last night was screaming with pain.
Is the mouth wet
Yes

How are the breasts
Full
Milk
2 to 3 hours

Does it attach well
Yeah
How are the nipples
Ok, but sore initially

How does the feed feel
Comfortable, feeding efficiently

15 to 30 minutes
Has anyone on here used a cranial osteopathy on a new born? on 11:17 - Mar 3 with 3286 viewsSwansea_Blue

Has anyone on here used a cranial osteopathy on a new born? on 11:15 - Mar 3 by davblue

How many poos
What colour is the poo
Yellow
At night time post 7pm she wont be put down and is crying alot, last night was screaming with pain.
Is the mouth wet
Yes

How are the breasts
Full
Milk
2 to 3 hours

Does it attach well
Yeah
How are the nipples
Ok, but sore initially

How does the feed feel

15 to 30 minutes

He meant the baby!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Has anyone on here used a cranial osteopathy on a new born? on 11:39 - Mar 3 with 3266 viewsRyorry

Has anyone on here used a cranial osteopathy on a new born? on 11:17 - Mar 3 by Swansea_Blue

He meant the baby!

On TWTD's famous 'Friday poo' threads, *yellow* poo would definitely have been deemed a situation ...

Has anyone on here used a cranial osteopathy on a new born? on 11:46 - Mar 3 with 3258 viewsOxford_Blue

Has anyone on here used a cranial osteopathy on a new born? on 05:31 - Mar 3 by Ryorry

There’s a difference between alternative and complimentary medicine.

Complimentary medicine is fine.

Alternative medicine isn’t. I would stay clear. Give it a little time. My new born wouldn’t sleep well for weeks. I’m afraid it’s just the way it goes - it’s tough but will get better.
Has anyone on here used a cranial osteopathy on a new born? on 12:24 - Mar 3 with 3234 viewsRyorry

Has anyone on here used a cranial osteopathy on a new born? on 11:46 - Mar 3 by Oxford_Blue

There’s a difference between alternative and complimentary medicine.

Complimentary medicine is fine.

Alternative medicine isn’t. I would stay clear. Give it a little time. My new born wouldn’t sleep well for weeks. I’m afraid it’s just the way it goes - it’s tough but will get better.

I'm sure the OP knew what I meant, and of course it's always a good idea to check out private practitioners beforehand whatever label they come under (apart maybe from some NHS practices which have occasional clinics from visiting osteopaths etc, which you'd assume have already been checked out by that surgery).

Has anyone on here used a cranial osteopathy on a new born? on 12:25 - Mar 3 with 3228 viewsSwansea_Blue

Has anyone on here used a cranial osteopathy on a new born? on 11:39 - Mar 3 by Ryorry

On TWTD's famous 'Friday poo' threads, *yellow* poo would definitely have been deemed a situation ...

Wouldn't it just!

Best wishes to the OP/baby & Mum. I'm very glad those days are behind me (hopefully )
[Post edited 3 Mar 2020 12:25]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Has anyone on here used a cranial osteopathy on a new born? on 12:27 - Mar 3 with 3220 viewsNewcyBlue

Has anyone on here used a cranial osteopathy on a new born? on 11:15 - Mar 3 by davblue

How many poos
What colour is the poo
Yellow
Is the mouth wet
Yes

How are the breasts
Full
Milk
2 to 3 hours

Does it attach well
Yeah
How are the nipples
Ok, but sore initially

How does the feed feel

15 to 30 minutes

MrsN said it sounds like feeding is going well, and asked why you think the baby is in pain?

She suggests calling your midwife. Also asked if this is your first?

Has anyone on here used a cranial osteopathy on a new born? on 12:35 - Mar 3 with 3195 viewsitfc_bucks

Has anyone on here used a cranial osteopathy on a new born? on 06:51 - Mar 3 by ElephantintheRoom

There is a bit of a difference between living in a bag of warm fluid and being forced out in a chily world where you have to breath air and feed. Especially in winter.

Are you sure your experience isnt on the extreme side of normal? Ive just spent a long weekend with my five day old grandson and he screamed and bawled most of the night which just brought back hazy memories of nearly ten years without a night's unbroken sleep.

he did sleep like a baby during the day though.

indeed, without wanting to sound like an unsympathetic cnt, sounds like a normal, breast-fed baby.

Formula fed takes longer to break down, they stay fuller for longer and generally sleep better.

That said, you have a newborn and, frankly, they're just mini-terrorists!
Has anyone on here used a cranial osteopathy on a new born? on 12:35 - Mar 3 with 3195 viewsdavblue

Has anyone on here used a cranial osteopathy on a new born? on 12:27 - Mar 3 by NewcyBlue

MrsN said it sounds like feeding is going well, and asked why you think the baby is in pain?

She suggests calling your midwife. Also asked if this is your first?

She’s crying and screaming, legs up tensing her tummy muscles clenched fists.

It’s our 2nd one, midwife came today as part of the usual check up and wasn’t overly concerned but colic isn’t something that they know how to treat.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024