Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Peeling Squad Letters - Sons Kits 10:45 - Mar 28 with 903 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Due to wear and tear (only a few months to be fair), and washing, the letters on my sons football top are showing signs that they will start to peel. He's only 6 so I wonder whether the shirt size causes more problems with peeling letters.

Does anyone have any handy tips for resolving this? Some form of 'fabric glue' or something?

The kits cost so much money, it would be a shame for them to start looking tatty.

Any help much appreciated!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Peeling Squad Letters - Sons Kits on 11:27 - Mar 28 with 843 viewsBluefish

The club will swap it if/ when they are open

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Peeling Squad Letters - Sons Kits on 11:55 - Mar 28 with 819 viewsBrianTablet

If it's CHAMBERS, just wait a bit a til the C, B, E, R, S come off and he'll have the name of our beloved TWTD leader on his shirt.

Everyone is a winner!

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Peeling Squad Letters - Sons Kits on 16:55 - Mar 28 with 718 viewsjeera

First thing I figure is it's heat transferred so an iron may be a solution - temporary or not I wouldn't want to guess.

An iron but with a barrier might do the job. A cotton sheet or old pillow case, that kind of thing. Dry iron, not too hot; you don't want to be melting stuff.

I Googled and this vid is top of the pile and she has paper that is purposely designed, but I reckon a thin cotton barrier should be ok.

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=v39_XpeACsLIaNa7iYAC&q=vinyl+letters+

*Only a suggestion. I would not want it to go wrong, but if it was attached in this way initially - which a 'peeling' process suggest it as - then that's a possible solution.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2020 17:00]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Peeling Squad Letters - Sons Kits on 21:18 - Mar 28 with 662 viewsFifeITFC

Three observations:

1) Always wash shirts inside out to protect lettering rubbing against rougher materials in the wash and peeling
2) Make sure it's washed on a lower heat
3) Don't leave the washed shirt in the machine too long after washing and leave it to dry folded open to allow to dry quicker and avoid excess moisture to loosen the print.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024