Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Even their own cheerleaders are turning... 19:00 - Apr 9 with 8462 viewsmonytowbray

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-doctor-who-warned-prime-minister-about-pp

This is a pretty grim indication of the kind of job we are doing. Wasn’t PPE due last week?

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Even their own cheerleaders are turning... on 19:12 - Apr 9 with 3316 viewsStokieBlue

It's not as easy as you make out though.

Every single country in the world is trying to get more PPE gear to the point where the US are active outbidding other developed countries on the runway as the plane is about to leave.

I agree we need more PPE gear but the implication seems to be we aren't trying to get it?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Even their own cheerleaders are turning... on 19:13 - Apr 9 with 3264 viewsbrazil1982

Doctor Who is dead?!
Even their own cheerleaders are turning... on 19:19 - Apr 9 with 3290 viewsmonytowbray

Even their own cheerleaders are turning... on 19:12 - Apr 9 by StokieBlue

Every single country in the world is trying to get more PPE gear to the point where the US are active outbidding other developed countries on the runway as the plane is about to leave.

I agree we need more PPE gear but the implication seems to be we aren't trying to get it?

SB

Doesn’t help we decided not to stockpile any as it costs too much in the first place though.

What we’re being told and what is happening don’t seem to add up.

https://www.nursingtimes.net/news/workforce/nurse-poll-hints-at-scale-of-shortag

TWTD never forgets…

Even their own cheerleaders are turning... on 19:40 - Apr 9 with 3227 viewsStokieBlue

Even their own cheerleaders are turning... on 19:19 - Apr 9 by monytowbray

Doesn’t help we decided not to stockpile any as it costs too much in the first place though.

What we’re being told and what is happening don’t seem to add up.

https://www.nursingtimes.net/news/workforce/nurse-poll-hints-at-scale-of-shortag

Most other countries haven't stockpiled either, hence my first post.

It's not an easy situation.

SB
[Post edited 9 Apr 2020 19:45]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Even their own cheerleaders are turning... on 19:49 - Apr 9 with 3211 viewsSwansea_Blue

Even their own cheerleaders are turning... on 19:12 - Apr 9 by StokieBlue

SB

We weren't trying to get them early on (around the time we went into lockdown). People and organisations were donating PPE to their local hospitals as orders weren't being placed (we donated our entire supply of lab gear). It wasn't a case of orders being placed that couldn't be delivered. Simply they weren't being ordered.

It does now appear we're in a bidding war as demand has risen though, that seems correct. Badger's probably got some insight from his place, but not sure he'd be able to tell us due to gagging orders that are being put on NHS staff who speak out (and why would they do that...?).

The more news that comes out, the more it seems that we were woefully under-prepared. Increasingly tensions are showing from No 10 too. There have been several reports in the media of a battle of wills going on there. Yesterday we had the CMO saying lessons were to be learnt from Germany's testing approach, and then attempts to deflect from that straight afterwards.

Hard for us to seperate rumour from the actual situation, but the signs that we ballsed up are looking pretty strong at the moment as more testimonies come out.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Even their own cheerleaders are turning... on 19:51 - Apr 9 with 3194 viewsLord_Lucan

Even their own cheerleaders are turning... on 19:49 - Apr 9 by Swansea_Blue

We weren't trying to get them early on (around the time we went into lockdown). People and organisations were donating PPE to their local hospitals as orders weren't being placed (we donated our entire supply of lab gear). It wasn't a case of orders being placed that couldn't be delivered. Simply they weren't being ordered.

It does now appear we're in a bidding war as demand has risen though, that seems correct. Badger's probably got some insight from his place, but not sure he'd be able to tell us due to gagging orders that are being put on NHS staff who speak out (and why would they do that...?).

The more news that comes out, the more it seems that we were woefully under-prepared. Increasingly tensions are showing from No 10 too. There have been several reports in the media of a battle of wills going on there. Yesterday we had the CMO saying lessons were to be learnt from Germany's testing approach, and then attempts to deflect from that straight afterwards.

Hard for us to seperate rumour from the actual situation, but the signs that we ballsed up are looking pretty strong at the moment as more testimonies come out.

Sorry Swansea but I can tell you with definite info that you are talking absolute b0llocks.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Even their own cheerleaders are turning... on 19:55 - Apr 9 with 3156 viewsGlasgowBlue

Even their own cheerleaders are turning... on 19:40 - Apr 9 by StokieBlue

SB

Bloody Tories!!!!!! Really screwed up over this in Italy, France and Spain. Boris Out!!!! Blah blah blah!!!!!

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Even their own cheerleaders are turning... on 19:58 - Apr 9 with 3153 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I mean who could possibly have seen it coming! Austerity has consequences....fancy !!!
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/09/lack-of-surgical-gowns-for-medics-

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Login to get fewer ads

Even their own cheerleaders are turning... on 20:02 - Apr 9 with 3146 viewstractordownsouth

Even their own cheerleaders are turning... on 19:40 - Apr 9 by StokieBlue

SB

I still think the fact we didn't take part in the EU ventilator scheme despite being eligible to do so just "because we're an independent country" is an absolute shambles mind

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Even their own cheerleaders are turning... on 20:05 - Apr 9 with 3143 viewstractordownsouth

Even their own cheerleaders are turning... on 19:51 - Apr 9 by Lord_Lucan

Sorry Swansea but I can tell you with definite info that you are talking absolute b0llocks.

How so?

I think the financial response from the government was been very good and have praised them for it, but the fact we didn't bulk buy ventilators, despite Hancock saying we were "prepared" in the House of Commons in January, is horrendous. The WHO advice has been to keep testing and testing, which we haven't done.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Even their own cheerleaders are turning... on 20:08 - Apr 9 with 3117 viewsGlasgowBlue

Even their own cheerleaders are turning... on 20:02 - Apr 9 by tractordownsouth

I still think the fact we didn't take part in the EU ventilator scheme despite being eligible to do so just "because we're an independent country" is an absolute shambles mind

Looks like Dyson's ventilators will be ready long before the EU.

https://euobserver.com/tickers/147981

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Even their own cheerleaders are turning... on 20:11 - Apr 9 with 3127 viewsgiant_stow

Maybe i just got the wrong idea previously but the predicted peak of deaths seems to have moved forwars a couple of weeks - anyone know why?

Presumably this means we'll be seeing well over a 1000 deaths per day if thats the case? Again, anyone got any idea on why we seem to be getting it worse
[Post edited 9 Apr 2020 20:23]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Even their own cheerleaders are turning... on 20:15 - Apr 9 with 3050 viewsPecker

Even their own cheerleaders are turning... on 19:55 - Apr 9 by GlasgowBlue

Bloody Tories!!!!!! Really screwed up over this in Italy, France and Spain. Boris Out!!!! Blah blah blah!!!!!

That's my line.
Even their own cheerleaders are turning... on 20:17 - Apr 9 with 3084 viewsTrequartista

Even their own cheerleaders are turning... on 20:11 - Apr 9 by giant_stow

Maybe i just got the wrong idea previously but the predicted peak of deaths seems to have moved forwars a couple of weeks - anyone know why?

Presumably this means we'll be seeing well over a 1000 deaths per day if thats the case? Again, anyone got any idea on why we seem to be getting it worse

It's all very confusing, today there were 881 UK deaths reported for the last 24 hours, but NHS England said only 140 of the 765 in England were yesterday, the rest were earlier in the week???

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Even their own cheerleaders are turning... on 20:17 - Apr 9 with 3069 viewsxrayspecs

Even their own cheerleaders are turning... on 20:02 - Apr 9 by tractordownsouth

Rather than competing for ventilators on the international market where demand has pushed prices up by many multiples of normal times price, UK government has worked with UK high tech engineering sector to build our own.

Mercedes are now producing 1000 CPAP machines per day for the NHS and have given their blueprint/intellectual property away for free so that others can also copy/produce more machines.

On this particular topic, the government have done a good job. It also means that CPAP machines (which we will need in the future) will be a lot cheaper for all health care systems to manufacture.
Even their own cheerleaders are turning... on 20:25 - Apr 9 with 3035 viewsgiant_stow

Even their own cheerleaders are turning... on 20:17 - Apr 9 by Trequartista

It's all very confusing, today there were 881 UK deaths reported for the last 24 hours, but NHS England said only 140 of the 765 in England were yesterday, the rest were earlier in the week???

No clue here. Despite daily briefings thing seem muddy

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Even their own cheerleaders are turning... on 20:25 - Apr 9 with 3035 viewsxrayspecs

I suspect this is as much to do with our understanding/modelling assumptions evolving as it is about the rate of transmission. We are trying to model something that has not existed before late last year and the potential analogs - SARS, MERS, Ebola are quite different in reality.
Even their own cheerleaders are turning... on 20:27 - Apr 9 with 3024 viewsgiant_stow

Even their own cheerleaders are turning... on 20:17 - Apr 9 by xrayspecs

Rather than competing for ventilators on the international market where demand has pushed prices up by many multiples of normal times price, UK government has worked with UK high tech engineering sector to build our own.

Mercedes are now producing 1000 CPAP machines per day for the NHS and have given their blueprint/intellectual property away for free so that others can also copy/produce more machines.

On this particular topic, the government have done a good job. It also means that CPAP machines (which we will need in the future) will be a lot cheaper for all health care systems to manufacture.

You're right, building our own does seem vital, with a global free for all apparently developing.

Even their own cheerleaders are turning... on 20:30 - Apr 9 with 3013 viewsmonytowbray

Even their own cheerleaders are turning... on 19:55 - Apr 9 by GlasgowBlue

Is this your way of deflecting being a bit annoyed and in denial about what you’ve actively voted for over the last decade plus? Because this is a pretty immature and sulky post by your usual standards.

TWTD never forgets…

Even their own cheerleaders are turning... on 20:31 - Apr 9 with 3009 viewsmonytowbray

Positive signs though. The cases are dropping off whilst we, errr, still don’t test enough.

TWTD never forgets…

Even their own cheerleaders are turning... on 20:32 - Apr 9 with 3003 viewsgiant_stow

Even their own cheerleaders are turning... on 20:25 - Apr 9 by xrayspecs

I suspect this is as much to do with our understanding/modelling assumptions evolving as it is about the rate of transmission. We are trying to model something that has not existed before late last year and the potential analogs - SARS, MERS, Ebola are quite different in reality.

On one hand thats fair, but on other hand several countries are apparently ahead of us in their epidemics, so doesnt that provide useful data?

Even their own cheerleaders are turning... on 20:34 - Apr 9 with 2986 viewsmonytowbray

Even their own cheerleaders are turning... on 20:08 - Apr 9 by GlasgowBlue

Looks like Dyson's ventilators will be ready long before the EU.

https://euobserver.com/tickers/147981

If it were Corbyn you’d be on the side that says hindsight won’t change what a reckless move it was.

Also note it wasn’t just ventilators they were providing, but PPE gear too.

Never ever imply I put a spin on things again.

TWTD never forgets…

Even their own cheerleaders are turning... on 20:36 - Apr 9 with 2978 viewsxrayspecs

Even their own cheerleaders are turning... on 20:17 - Apr 9 by Trequartista

The daily figures are not what people necessary assume.

- they are deaths reported in the last 24 hours rather than deaths in the last 24 hours
- a lot of folk who died were frail/unwell and had limited life expectancy
- some were dying and then caught Covid19 in hospital
- we have seen dips in the numbers over the weekend (non-reporting of cases) followed by a catch up in the following days

There is some debate about by how much the published figures underestimate the true figure as it is hospital deaths only. The emerging view is not by much as most folk, with the exception of those in care homes and possibly prisons end up in hospital for ICU care.
Even their own cheerleaders are turning... on 20:44 - Apr 9 with 2946 viewsmonytowbray

Even their own cheerleaders are turning... on 20:17 - Apr 9 by xrayspecs

My main issue is why take the risk of one or the other. They also didn’t get back to an actual ventilator manufacturer who enquired about upping production too, whilst giving out contracts to their mates. https://www.ft.com/content/f9051f66-cfbe-4b36-848e-3980225ae542

Then this came out today which is a risk I’ve not even considered: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus-uk-nhs-patient-safety-vent

Also the companies in question making the ventilators have said they won’t hit the correct numbers before peak. Really should have our eggs any basket that’s available: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coronavirus/hancock-admits-nhs-may-not-hit-ventil

At what point do these dots start connecting?

TWTD never forgets…

Even their own cheerleaders are turning... on 20:45 - Apr 9 with 2950 viewsTrequartista

Even their own cheerleaders are turning... on 20:36 - Apr 9 by xrayspecs

The daily figures are not what people necessary assume.

- they are deaths reported in the last 24 hours rather than deaths in the last 24 hours
- a lot of folk who died were frail/unwell and had limited life expectancy
- some were dying and then caught Covid19 in hospital
- we have seen dips in the numbers over the weekend (non-reporting of cases) followed by a catch up in the following days

There is some debate about by how much the published figures underestimate the true figure as it is hospital deaths only. The emerging view is not by much as most folk, with the exception of those in care homes and possibly prisons end up in hospital for ICU care.

But even taking into account they are reports of deaths in the last 24 hours, not actual deaths in the last 24 hours, how can there be a daily reported deaths of 800+ yesterday, and now today it's a weekly figure of 700+

And these are all NHS England figures so they are all hospitals only.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024