Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Darren Eadie 17:04 - May 28 with 2899 viewsPinewoodblue

Saw this yesterday and had to check it wasn’t April 1st.

Going to break the rules and add as general thread.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/eadie-wants-ipswich-town-link-1-6672204

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Darren Eadie on 17:28 - May 28 with 2797 viewsJ2BLUE

We should go for it. Why not?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Darren Eadie on 18:48 - May 28 with 2703 viewsITFC_Forever

He’s already Head of Football at St Jo’s, so will probably have contacts at Playford Rd.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Darren Eadie on 18:51 - May 28 with 2689 viewsLibero

Listened to this podcast with him the other day, I think he came across really down to earth and like a very self aware and decent fella.

Spoke at length about his transition from Academy to first team player and his youth team/reserve team coaches, thought a lot of what he said aligned with what I’d consider the ‘Ipswich way’ - I wouldn’t be against being affiliated with him/Leiston

[Post edited 28 May 2020 18:56]
Darren Eadie on 19:02 - May 28 with 2646 viewsBluearmy71

Darren Eadie on 18:51 - May 28 by Libero

Listened to this podcast with him the other day, I think he came across really down to earth and like a very self aware and decent fella.

Spoke at length about his transition from Academy to first team player and his youth team/reserve team coaches, thought a lot of what he said aligned with what I’d consider the ‘Ipswich way’ - I wouldn’t be against being affiliated with him/Leiston

[Post edited 28 May 2020 18:56]

Well that makes a change from him coming across as a total c**t whilst playing for the scum and all the years so far of his retirement!

But tbf this would be good for our academy players, I'll just treat it the same as I did when we had RK as manager, support the team not the management!
Darren Eadie on 19:16 - May 28 with 2626 viewsLibero

Darren Eadie on 19:02 - May 28 by Bluearmy71

Well that makes a change from him coming across as a total c**t whilst playing for the scum and all the years so far of his retirement!

But tbf this would be good for our academy players, I'll just treat it the same as I did when we had RK as manager, support the team not the management!

In the podcast he comments on how he loved to wind people up as a player and how effective he was at it. I think post career he’s come across really well, very astute analysis when working for Sky and was one of the first players of his era to speak about mental health issues in the game openly.

He’s a Spurs supporter and is originally from near Swindon, hardly Norwich through and through. Bloody good player too, I’d forgotten he was called up to the full England squad while still with Norwich.
[Post edited 28 May 2020 19:17]
Darren Eadie on 22:41 - May 28 with 2436 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Darren Eadie on 18:48 - May 28 by ITFC_Forever

He’s already Head of Football at St Jo’s, so will probably have contacts at Playford Rd.

I know the chap who runs a local school sixth form team that was due to play St Jo's in the next round of the cup. He is a huge Norwich fan and was so excited to get to speak to Eadie and at the prospect of playing them - obviously not happening now.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Darren Eadie on 16:09 - May 31 with 2086 viewsBLUEBEAT

I wonder if certain ITFC supporters will start blubbing about Leiston like they often do about Lowestoft, despite the clubs having more links with ITFC (both currently and traditionally) than the Budgies...?

Poll: W or W

Darren Eadie on 16:15 - May 31 with 2066 viewsLibero

Darren Eadie on 16:09 - May 31 by BLUEBEAT

I wonder if certain ITFC supporters will start blubbing about Leiston like they often do about Lowestoft, despite the clubs having more links with ITFC (both currently and traditionally) than the Budgies...?

In fairness, Lowestoft are a sh1thouse club.
Login to get fewer ads

Darren Eadie on 16:53 - May 31 with 2002 viewsBlueastheycome

Darren Eadie on 16:09 - May 31 by BLUEBEAT

What do you mean- in terms of youth players being sent there on loan?

If you’re speaking about lowestoft town Fc and the place as a whole, I can sadly assure you it’s a norwich stronghold due to its proximity to Norwich (trust me, I’ve lived there for the best part of 30 years)

Also the fair weathers who aren’t Norwich or Ipswich still gravitate towards Norwich FC in sympathies as Lowestoft folk access Norwich for shopping, cinema, nights out etc
Darren Eadie on 17:48 - May 31 with 1962 viewsBLUEBEAT

Darren Eadie on 16:53 - May 31 by Blueastheycome

What do you mean- in terms of youth players being sent there on loan?

If you’re speaking about lowestoft town Fc and the place as a whole, I can sadly assure you it’s a norwich stronghold due to its proximity to Norwich (trust me, I’ve lived there for the best part of 30 years)

Also the fair weathers who aren’t Norwich or Ipswich still gravitate towards Norwich FC in sympathies as Lowestoft folk access Norwich for shopping, cinema, nights out etc

In terms of ex-players/staff, generally.

As a Lowestoftian, well, Carlton Colville/Pakefield, I would say it isn’t a yellow ‘stronghold’. Indeed, most of the people I know who attend Crown Meadow lean towards Ipswich.

Darren Eadie on 17:49 - May 31 with 1960 viewsBLUEBEAT

Darren Eadie on 16:15 - May 31 by Libero

In fairness, Lowestoft are a sh1thouse club.

#keepitsuffolk

Darren Eadie on 18:03 - May 31 with 1929 viewsmonytowbray

Eadie and Scowcroft were mates and trained together apparently.

And most of us have scum mates.

I don't see the harm. Still hate the scum.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Darren Eadie on 18:06 - May 31 with 1920 viewsBlueastheycome

Darren Eadie on 17:48 - May 31 by BLUEBEAT

In terms of ex-players/staff, generally.

As a Lowestoftian, well, Carlton Colville/Pakefield, I would say it isn’t a yellow ‘stronghold’. Indeed, most of the people I know who attend Crown Meadow lean towards Ipswich.

I respect your view but will respectfully disagree. I’ve found lowestoft is carnage being a Town fan with all the budgies, but there are certainly a hardy bunch of us Ipswich fans folk that fly the flag for ITFC.
[Post edited 31 May 2020 18:07]
Darren Eadie on 18:29 - May 31 with 1876 viewsITFC_Forever

Darren Eadie on 18:06 - May 31 by Blueastheycome

I respect your view but will respectfully disagree. I’ve found lowestoft is carnage being a Town fan with all the budgies, but there are certainly a hardy bunch of us Ipswich fans folk that fly the flag for ITFC.
[Post edited 31 May 2020 18:07]

A good number of our more “excitable” lot come from Lowestoft.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Darren Eadie on 18:32 - May 31 with 1870 viewsBlueastheycome

Darren Eadie on 18:29 - May 31 by ITFC_Forever

A good number of our more “excitable” lot come from Lowestoft.

Yes. And I know exactly who you mean haha
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024