Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What have we as a club done that has angered the 'Football Gods" 08:40 - Jun 26 with 1858 viewsKeno

and how should we atone?

I do wonder whether there is an element of the Icarus story about us in that we flew too high too long and simply having too serve some time in the wilderness after which we will be resurrected phoenix like from the depths of league one, being lead by Burley & Dyer acting as later day Pied Pipers (the fairy tale one not the one from Silicon Valley) to the glorious promised land of the Champions league

or put another way ..... Lambert Out

Anyone care to share any other thoughts

Notes

1, This is meant partly in jest as a way to generate some 'amusement' and or discussion on a Friday
2, This is not meant to infer there is a god or gods which or whom control football
3, Neither is it meant to infer there isn't a God or other deity which controls football
4, Any suggestion which involves a ritual human sacrifice on the half way line of any members of the current managerial staff will obviously be assumed to be meant in jest and are not to be taken literally
5, Im bored, its hot and I really hope TWTD keeps me amused today or I might just have to do some work

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

What have we as a club done that has angered the 'Football Gods" on 08:44 - Jun 26 with 1837 viewsHerbivore

The Football God has a son, his name is Mick Mccarthy. We abused the son of God and called him a paedophile even after we knew he was leaving. Mick was sent to us as our saviour in 2012 and despite performing miracles that clearly evidenced his divinity, we betrayed him.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

What have we as a club done that has angered the 'Football Gods" on 08:52 - Jun 26 with 1800 viewsArnieM

Lol

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

What have we as a club done that has angered the 'Football Gods" on 08:54 - Jun 26 with 1793 viewsKeno

What have we as a club done that has angered the 'Football Gods" on 08:44 - Jun 26 by Herbivore

The Football God has a son, his name is Mick Mccarthy. We abused the son of God and called him a paedophile even after we knew he was leaving. Mick was sent to us as our saviour in 2012 and despite performing miracles that clearly evidenced his divinity, we betrayed him.

You have nailed in it one post!

or put another way we are f'cked

What have we as a club done that has angered the 'Football Gods" on 09:00 - Jun 26 with 1763 viewsIpswichKnight

The gods are angry as little Ipswich has shown them up on many occasions, the gods do not take kindly to being humiliated on the biggest of stages, we had the audacity to beat there favorites like Arsenal, Barcelona, Real Madrid and Roma to name just a few. The gods have tried to make us change our ways they sent Clive Thomas to point out our bad behavior but we did not listen. To punish us they have instead sent us false prophets:

John Duncan
Mick McNeil
Roy Keane
Paul Jewell
Paul Hurst
Paul Lambert

We must repent Sinners!
What have we as a club done that has angered the 'Football Gods" on 09:05 - Jun 26 with 1747 viewsKeno

What have we as a club done that has angered the 'Football Gods" on 09:00 - Jun 26 by IpswichKnight

The gods are angry as little Ipswich has shown them up on many occasions, the gods do not take kindly to being humiliated on the biggest of stages, we had the audacity to beat there favorites like Arsenal, Barcelona, Real Madrid and Roma to name just a few. The gods have tried to make us change our ways they sent Clive Thomas to point out our bad behavior but we did not listen. To punish us they have instead sent us false prophets:

John Duncan
Mick McNeil
Roy Keane
Paul Jewell
Paul Hurst
Paul Lambert

We must repent Sinners!

maybe we misunderstood the role of Jonathon Douglas?

was he actually sent as a John the Baptist type figure to show as a way out of the wilderness

or by the time he got here was he just crap?

What have we as a club done that has angered the 'Football Gods" on 09:07 - Jun 26 with 1746 viewsNthQldITFC

North Stand redevelopment seems to have been the start of it.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

What have we as a club done that has angered the 'Football Gods" on 09:07 - Jun 26 with 1744 viewsRegencyBlue

We sold our soul to the Devil!

(Aka Marcus Evans!)
What have we as a club done that has angered the 'Football Gods" on 09:19 - Jun 26 with 1717 viewsKeno

What have we as a club done that has angered the 'Football Gods" on 09:07 - Jun 26 by NthQldITFC

or the West Stand (or whatever its called nowadays)

Login to get fewer ads

What have we as a club done that has angered the 'Football Gods" on 09:21 - Jun 26 with 1713 viewsNthQldITFC

What have we as a club done that has angered the 'Football Gods" on 09:19 - Jun 26 by Keno

or the West Stand (or whatever its called nowadays)

Church!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

What have we as a club done that has angered the 'Football Gods on 09:22 - Jun 26 with 1714 viewsfactual_blue

You don't seek to imply there are or aren't gods; what we infer from your suggestion is that you might or might not accept that there are gods.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

What have we as a club done that has angered the 'Football Gods" on 09:23 - Jun 26 with 1712 viewsfactual_blue

What have we as a club done that has angered the 'Football Gods" on 09:07 - Jun 26 by NthQldITFC

Going professional was the big mistake.

What have we as a club done that has angered the 'Football Gods" on 09:32 - Jun 26 with 1696 viewsfactual_blue

What have we as a club done that has angered the 'Football Gods" on 09:05 - Jun 26 by Keno

was he actually sent as a John the Baptist type figure to show as a way out of the wilderness

Well, some fans did want his head on a plate....

What have we as a club done that has angered the 'Football Gods" on 10:15 - Jun 26 with 1648 viewswkj

I like the style of your text there Kenos

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

What have we as a club done that has angered the 'Football Gods" on 10:28 - Jun 26 with 1640 viewsKeno

What have we as a club done that has angered the 'Football Gods" on 10:15 - Jun 26 by wkj

I like the style of your text there Kenos

thank you

hows you?

What have we as a club done that has angered the 'Football Gods" on 10:34 - Jun 26 with 1627 viewsOldsmoker

I'm OK with your clauses but I'd like to slightly change clause 4.
Oh no, I'm turned into Tony Blair.
Shoot me now.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

What have we as a club done that has angered the 'Football Gods" on 10:36 - Jun 26 with 1622 viewspointofblue

What have we as a club done that has angered the 'Football Gods" on 08:44 - Jun 26 by Herbivore

I do have to wonder why the Football God made it so difficult for his son in terms of injuries to flair players.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

What have we as a club done that has angered the 'Football Gods" on 10:55 - Jun 26 with 1589 viewsHerbivore

What have we as a club done that has angered the 'Football Gods" on 10:36 - Jun 26 by pointofblue

I do have to wonder why the Football God made it so difficult for his son in terms of injuries to flair players.

That's Gods for you, they seem to get kicks out of making life hard for their children.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

What have we as a club done that has angered the 'Football Gods" on 13:55 - Jun 26 with 1521 viewsHullblue

This is all my fault. I literally cried with laughter when Colchester beat Norwich 7-1 and it’s been downhill ever since.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

What have we as a club done that has angered the 'Football Gods" on 16:54 - Jun 26 with 1453 viewsIpswichKnight

What have we as a club done that has angered the 'Football Gods" on 09:05 - Jun 26 by Keno

I shall consult the holiest of holy books ( The men who made the Town ) to see if I can find guidance in the wise words.
What have we as a club done that has angered the 'Football Gods" on 17:01 - Jun 26 with 1436 viewsTJS

What have we as a club done that has angered the 'Football Gods" on 13:55 - Jun 26 by Hullblue

This is all my fault. I literally cried with laughter when Colchester beat Norwich 7-1 and it’s been downhill ever since.

On the plus side at least Col U won't be visiting PR next season after their play-off defeat.
That would have been yet another car crash waiting to happen.
What have we as a club done that has angered the 'Football Gods" on 18:10 - Jun 26 with 1394 viewsmonty_radio

What have we as a club done that has angered the 'Football Gods" on 17:01 - Jun 26 by TJS

On the plus side at least Col U won't be visiting PR next season after their play-off defeat.
That would have been yet another car crash waiting to happen.

There's always the Cabaret O Twiglet Crumb Cup when we rest the really, really tired out First Team and U23s in favour of the U16s.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

What have we as a club done that has angered the 'Football Gods" on 22:06 - Jun 26 with 1316 viewsMelford

Me and my Ipswich season ticket holder now ex-girlfriend moved out of our house together in January 2005, we were 2nd in the Championship then. Literally been downhill since that point.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024