Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Parry hits nail the on the head. 08:05 - Jul 9 with 591 viewshampstead_blue

The test for owners isn't good enough
The financial model is beyond broken.

Problem is, who can change the structure and is there any reason for the powers that be to do so?

I'm sad and confused.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53341269

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Parry hits nail the on the head. on 08:09 - Jul 9 with 577 viewsitfcjoe

How can you beef the test up? If they prove they have funds to buy the club, prove they have funds to run the club and show full business plans etc.

If someone changes their mind what can you do? In this situation there is no need to put the company into administration - they had to get through a few weeks and then trade in demand players.

If your boss decides to shut your company down what can be done? In any owner model clubs are at the whim of one man if they are funding it.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Parry hits nail the on the head. on 09:08 - Jul 9 with 485 viewshampstead_blue

Parry hits nail the on the head. on 08:09 - Jul 9 by itfcjoe

How can you beef the test up? If they prove they have funds to buy the club, prove they have funds to run the club and show full business plans etc.

If someone changes their mind what can you do? In this situation there is no need to put the company into administration - they had to get through a few weeks and then trade in demand players.

If your boss decides to shut your company down what can be done? In any owner model clubs are at the whim of one man if they are funding it.

I agree and it's so hard to effectively police without becoming draconian.

I do like the Social Enterprise business model, >50% of profits is used toward a stated 'social mission/goal'.
That may help but would immediately take billions out of players pockets which would hurt.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

Parry hits nail the on the head. on 09:10 - Jul 9 with 474 viewsitfcjoe

Parry hits nail the on the head. on 09:08 - Jul 9 by hampstead_blue

I do like the Social Enterprise business model, >50% of profits is used toward a stated 'social mission/goal'.
That may help but would immediately take billions out of players pockets which would hurt.

There's no profit to take out, clubs lose money hand over fist

Parry hits nail the on the head. on 09:10 - Jul 9 with 470 viewsHerbivore

Parry hits nail the on the head. on 09:08 - Jul 9 by hampstead_blue

Most clubs don't make any profit so I'm not sure how that would work. Fan owned clubs, with fans and fan trusts owning at least 50% of the club, would be a better way forward.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Parry hits nail the on the head. on 09:31 - Jul 9 with 433 viewshampstead_blue

Parry hits nail the on the head. on 09:10 - Jul 9 by itfcjoe

There's no profit to take out, clubs lose money hand over fist

You've smashed it. The elephant is wages.

In the SE model you can't pay rock star wages. That's the core principle. You reduce wages to 'fair' and create wealth for the club and community that way.

They would still earn 7 figures in the Prem and high end Champ, but it's all about sustainability.

Imagine PR and most other clubs at 75% capacity week in week out, or at least with 65% of ST's sold.

If you use a model such as SE you can do that and I'd wager you would have a club which IS the community.

Parry hits nail the on the head. on 09:33 - Jul 9 with 424 viewsitfcjoe

Parry hits nail the on the head. on 09:31 - Jul 9 by hampstead_blue

You've smashed it. The elephant is wages.

In the SE model you can't pay rock star wages. That's the core principle. You reduce wages to 'fair' and create wealth for the club and community that way.

They would still earn 7 figures in the Prem and high end Champ, but it's all about sustainability.

Imagine PR and most other clubs at 75% capacity week in week out, or at least with 65% of ST's sold.

If you use a model such as SE you can do that and I'd wager you would have a club which IS the community.

In League 1, under the current model PR was at 67% capacity with 60% season tickets sold.

If we were in the PL it would be 100% on both counts.

It's solving a problem that doesn't exist, the club has to play their part in the community in other ways

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024