Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sky News on the that 'world class' testing regime 10:06 - Jul 9 with 1223 viewsSteve_M

The only thing 'world class' is the manipulation of data to make the headline numbers - those that got reported in the headlines - match the claims.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-the-inside-story-of-how-uks-chaotic-testi

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Sky News on the that 'world class' testing regime on 10:45 - Jul 9 with 1157 viewsgiant_stow

they're beyond shameless, but people don't seem to care or pay attention.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Sky News on the that 'world class' testing regime on 10:51 - Jul 9 with 1143 viewsKeno

Sky News on the that 'world class' testing regime on 10:45 - Jul 9 by giant_stow

could be worse, we could be in Sturgeonland

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/5789568/coronavirus-test-samples-found-a9-

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Sky News on the that 'world class' testing regime on 12:18 - Jul 9 with 1063 viewsBent_double

Sky News on the that 'world class' testing regime on 10:45 - Jul 9 by giant_stow

It's got to the point where you just expect everything they do to be a ballls-up, so it's not a surprise anymore.

I'd actually be more inclined to praise them when (or if) they ever get something right now...it's almost like I pity them.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Sky News on the that 'world class' testing regime on 12:27 - Jul 9 with 1051 viewsgordon

Sky News on the that 'world class' testing regime on 10:51 - Jul 9 by Keno

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/5789568/coronavirus-test-samples-found-a9-

Yeah, it's awful up here without all those deaths you're enjoying down south ;)
Sky News on the that 'world class' testing regime on 12:55 - Jul 9 with 1006 viewsitfc_bucks

Sky News on the that 'world class' testing regime on 10:51 - Jul 9 by Keno

DO we not have a moratorium on putting links to the S*n on here?

Vile sh*trag
Sky News on the that 'world class' testing regime on 12:59 - Jul 9 with 993 viewsBrianTablet

You couldn't make it up.

Oh, they did.

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Sky News on the that 'world class' testing regime on 13:00 - Jul 9 with 995 viewsLibero

Missus had Sky News on the other day and they were quite literally describing where we are now multiple times as "the end" of the pandemic.

F*cking horrendous misrepresentation.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2020 13:00]
Sky News on the that 'world class' testing regime on 13:41 - Jul 9 with 922 viewsGlasgowBlue

Sky News on the that 'world class' testing regime on 12:27 - Jul 9 by gordon

Yeah, it's awful up here without all those deaths you're enjoying down south ;)

And yet Scotland went into lockdown on the same day as the rest of the UK and is following the same pattern on easing those measure except it's a week to 10 days behind England.

The high numbers of deaths took place in England in early April so Scotland's good fortune appears to be because the country is far less densely populated than England..

You can fit the entire population of Scotland into London.

Sturgeon seems to have got off quite lightly with regards to her handling of the Covid outbreak because she is a superb performer in front of the cameras and gives an air of authority and leadership that Boris Johnson lacks.

I reality Sturgeon set a target of 10,000 tests a day by the end of April. By the time we reached June, the target had never been met and tests are currently running at 4000 on a good day.

We also had the "Nike" incident in Edinburgh in which 25 of the 70 delegates had been infected from a single source. At that time, there were only a handful of cases in the whole UK. BBC Scotland said that had the Scottish government acted sooner regarding this then it would have saved more than 2000 lives in Scotland alone.

The Scottish government are also as guilty as the UK government for dumping elderly hospital patients into care homes without testing.

Labour's Richard Leonard has regularly pressed Sturgeon for the numbers she has failed to give them. The excuse is that "we don't have the data".

What we do know is that more people have died in Scottish care hones than in hospitals. The rate of care home deaths was 45% in Scotland compared to 29% in England.

We are just very lucky we live in an area with so many open spaces.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2020 13:56]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

Sky News on the that 'world class' testing regime on 13:49 - Jul 9 with 906 viewsEwan_Oozami

Sky News on the that 'world class' testing regime on 13:41 - Jul 9 by GlasgowBlue

And yet Scotland went into lockdown on the same day as the rest of the UK and is following the same pattern on easing those measure except it's a week to 10 days behind England.

The high numbers of deaths took place in England in early April so Scotland's good fortune appears to be because the country is far less densely populated than England..

Sturgeon seems to have got off quite lightly with regards to her handling of the Covid outbreak because she is a superb performer in front of the cameras and gives an air of authority and leadership that Boris Johnson lacks.

I reality Sturgeon set a target of 10,000 tests a day by the end of April. By the time we reached June, the target had never been met and tests are currently running at 4000 on a good day.

We also had the "Nike" incident in Edinburgh in which 25 of the 70 delegates had been infected from a single source. At that time, there were only a handful of cases in the whole UK. BBC Scotland said that had the Scottish government acted sooner regarding this then it would have saved more than 2000 lives in Scotland alone.

The Scottish government are also as guilty as the UK government for dumping elderly hospital patients into care homes without testing.

Labour's Richard Leonard has regularly pressed Sturgeon for the numbers she has failed to give them. The excuse is that "we don't have the data".

What we do know is that more people have died in Scottish care hones than in hospitals. The rate of care home deaths was 45% in Scotland compared to 29% in England.

"Polluted"? :-)

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Sky News on the that 'world class' testing regime on 13:53 - Jul 9 with 898 viewsKeno

Sky News on the that 'world class' testing regime on 13:41 - Jul 9 by GlasgowBlue

I've heard a few reports from people with connections to Scotland that some of the press are being very critical of the whole SNP approach and that this could lead to a swing away from them in an independence vote

Any thoughts on that?

Sky News on the that 'world class' testing regime on 13:56 - Jul 9 with 883 viewsGlasgowBlue

Sky News on the that 'world class' testing regime on 13:49 - Jul 9 by Ewan_Oozami

"Polluted"? :-)

Good spot. Populated. I blame apple predictive text.

Iron Lion Zion

Sky News on the that 'world class' testing regime on 13:59 - Jul 9 with 869 viewsGlasgowBlue

Sky News on the that 'world class' testing regime on 13:53 - Jul 9 by Keno

I've heard a few reports from people with connections to Scotland that some of the press are being very critical of the whole SNP approach and that this could lead to a swing away from them in an independence vote

Any thoughts on that?

The press are as critical of her up here as they are of Johnson down there. The only difference being the pro Nat press is holding to the party line whereas the Tory press in England has started to turn on Johnson.

Yesterday I was telling my mother in law about the VAT cut and the 50% restaurant discount and she said something along the lines of "well done Nicola Sturgeon".

Iron Lion Zion

Sky News on the that 'world class' testing regime on 14:02 - Jul 9 with 858 viewsKeno

Sky News on the that 'world class' testing regime on 13:59 - Jul 9 by GlasgowBlue

The press are as critical of her up here as they are of Johnson down there. The only difference being the pro Nat press is holding to the party line whereas the Tory press in England has started to turn on Johnson.

Yesterday I was telling my mother in law about the VAT cut and the 50% restaurant discount and she said something along the lines of "well done Nicola Sturgeon".

ha! bless her!

I have friends from the Forfar (Angus) which seems to be an area not an pro SNP as a lot of the rest of Scotland. There does seem to be quote a divide up there

Sky News on the that 'world class' testing regime on 15:12 - Jul 9 with 774 viewsGlasgowBlue

Sky News on the that 'world class' testing regime on 14:02 - Jul 9 by Keno

ha! bless her!

I have friends from the Forfar (Angus) which seems to be an area not an pro SNP as a lot of the rest of Scotland. There does seem to be quote a divide up there

Sturgeon is in a very fortunate position inasmuch as she can delay the easing of lock down measure by a couple of weeks, which is obviously less risky than when England has done so, without worrying about the effects a prolonged lock down will have on the economy in the knowledge that the electorate will blame Westminster for any deep recession.

Iron Lion Zion

Sky News on the that 'world class' testing regime on 15:14 - Jul 9 with 768 viewsKeno

Sky News on the that 'world class' testing regime on 15:12 - Jul 9 by GlasgowBlue

Sturgeon is in a very fortunate position inasmuch as she can delay the easing of lock down measure by a couple of weeks, which is obviously less risky than when England has done so, without worrying about the effects a prolonged lock down will have on the economy in the knowledge that the electorate will blame Westminster for any deep recession.

Bit like Lamburke blaming Hurst for us not getting promoted this year

Sky News on the that 'world class' testing regime on 15:15 - Jul 9 with 766 viewsSwansea_Blue

Sky News on the that 'world class' testing regime on 15:12 - Jul 9 by GlasgowBlue

Probably more important to keep people safe so that things can get back to normal more quickly isn't it? Sweden have shown that you can't beat the virus by stubbornly refusing to take drastic measures. New Zealand back up and running pretty much as usual.

It's not virus or economy. We have to beat the virus before we can save the economy.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Sky News on the that 'world class' testing regime on 15:26 - Jul 9 with 757 viewsKeno

Sky News on the that 'world class' testing regime on 15:15 - Jul 9 by Swansea_Blue

Probably more important to keep people safe so that things can get back to normal more quickly isn't it? Sweden have shown that you can't beat the virus by stubbornly refusing to take drastic measures. New Zealand back up and running pretty much as usual.

It's not virus or economy. We have to beat the virus before we can save the economy.

I agree with the last point to a point, apart from you still have to have an economy left.

Therefore it is something of a balancing act

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024