Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I think the club might be rather underestimating how p155ed off.... 18:25 - Jul 11 with 4927 viewsITFC_Forever

....everyone is with the season just ended.

That’s the only conclusion I can think of given the ridiculous backing of PRP and insistence that they will look closely at the season and “try and learn from it”

Clueless owner, clueless manager and a mouthpiece set up to take all the flak.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

I think the club might be rather underestimating how p155ed off.... on 18:26 - Jul 11 with 3205 viewsITFC_Forever

We’re going to be going into the new season on the back foot already, with the fans having no faith in the club or the manager.
As soon as things start to unravel, the patience will run very thin very quickly.

The Fleetwood (h) shambles was the second-last game we played and any remaining veneer was removed. The club are fortunate that it could be six months plus by the time they play in front of fans again and there will be an element of time being a healer, but it won’t take long for all that to come back to the surface.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2020 18:28]

I think the club might be rather underestimating how p155ed off.... on 18:32 - Jul 11 with 3164 viewsgtsb1966

In a few weeks time when furlough ends we might just be very very grateful, compared to some other clubs, to have that clueless owner. Not saying the football side hasn't been disastrous but.....
I think the club might be rather underestimating how p155ed off.... on 18:41 - Jul 11 with 3126 viewsIpswichKnight

I think the club might be rather underestimating how p155ed off.... on 18:32 - Jul 11 by gtsb1966

In a few weeks time when furlough ends we might just be very very grateful, compared to some other clubs, to have that clueless owner. Not saying the football side hasn't been disastrous but.....

It won’t take many defeats for the crowd to turn properly and I don’t think ME will wait too long to fire Lambert if results go the same way as end of last season.
I think the club might be rather underestimating how p155ed off.... on 18:44 - Jul 11 with 3111 viewsgtsb1966

I think the club might be rather underestimating how p155ed off.... on 18:41 - Jul 11 by IpswichKnight

It won’t take many defeats for the crowd to turn properly and I don’t think ME will wait too long to fire Lambert if results go the same way as end of last season.

I think you are spot on.
I think the club might be rather underestimating how p155ed off.... on 18:44 - Jul 11 with 3110 viewsChrisd

What worries me is the club should’ve being doing this 3 months ago when lockdown kicked in and L1 football was stopped. Typical us though under this regime, they don’t read the room very well.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

I think the club might be rather underestimating how p155ed off.... on 18:48 - Jul 11 with 3071 viewsBluefish

I think the club might be rather underestimating how p155ed off.... on 18:44 - Jul 11 by gtsb1966

I think you are spot on.

Ridiculous way to start a season. PRP will have another panic window to get the next Simon Dawkins, Collin Quaner and Calum Elder in the door. The new bloke will then have to work with them all. Just get him out now and stop further damage

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

I think the club might be rather underestimating how p155ed off.... on 18:54 - Jul 11 with 3077 viewsAce_High1

I think the club might be rather underestimating how p155ed off.... on 18:44 - Jul 11 by Chrisd

What worries me is the club should’ve being doing this 3 months ago when lockdown kicked in and L1 football was stopped. Typical us though under this regime, they don’t read the room very well.

That is exactly what I thought when I read that. Should have already had the postmortem and now have a firm plan for the way forward.
I think the club might be rather underestimating how p155ed off.... on 18:59 - Jul 11 with 3062 viewsITFC_Forever

I think the club might be rather underestimating how p155ed off.... on 18:41 - Jul 11 by IpswichKnight

The first part of your sentence - absolutely.

The second part - you would think so, but I wouldn’t bet on it.

Login to get fewer ads

I think the club might be rather underestimating how p155ed off.... on 19:01 - Jul 11 with 3060 viewsfabian_illness

I think it’s a fairly even handed approach by the owner.
We’ve gone into uncertainty with a bit of stability.
No one knew what path the pandemic would take, but our players knew who was at the club and what was expected of them.
I’m not especially keen on the current management team or what they’ve got out of the players, but I think a major shakeup just before or during lockdown would have been a disaster.
I didn’t agree with the contract PL got, but I do agree that leaving well alone over the shutdown was the right thing.
I think the club might be rather underestimating how p155ed off.... on 19:07 - Jul 11 with 3038 viewsITFC_Forever

I think the club might be rather underestimating how p155ed off.... on 19:01 - Jul 11 by fabian_illness

I think it’s a fairly even handed approach by the owner.
We’ve gone into uncertainty with a bit of stability.
No one knew what path the pandemic would take, but our players knew who was at the club and what was expected of them.
I’m not especially keen on the current management team or what they’ve got out of the players, but I think a major shakeup just before or during lockdown would have been a disaster.
I didn’t agree with the contract PL got, but I do agree that leaving well alone over the shutdown was the right thing.

A dreadful manager saved by a worldwide pandemic. Typical of our luck.

Had the season continued, I don’t think he’d have made it to the end of March.

I think the club might be rather underestimating how p155ed off.... on 19:44 - Jul 11 with 2911 viewspatrickswell

I think the club might be rather underestimating how p155ed off.... on 18:44 - Jul 11 by Chrisd

I'm pretty sure that they will have talked about the season just gone, long before now. If we want to be optimistic, they may have had a plan to implement had the season resumed which they could have used to a guide to 2020/21.

There needs to be honesty from manager and players. And they have to settle on one of two approaches:

1) Identify the core players who will play most weeks with a view to winning promotion and identifying where strengthening is needed.

2) Identify which of the Academy boys are going to be fixtures around the squad and start building the squad around them, supplemented with the best players that we currently have and a few additions from outside.

In other words, either go hell for leather to come back up or actually start trying to implement Evans's vague plan. We're told constantly about the terrific crop of young players that we have, so start giving the platform to be terrific for us.

Commit to an approach because this "make-do-and-mend, overcomplicated, plan and play on the hoof from week to week" has killed us for 2 consecutive seasons now.
I think the club might be rather underestimating how p155ed off.... on 20:11 - Jul 11 with 2836 viewsChrisd

I think the club might be rather underestimating how p155ed off.... on 19:44 - Jul 11 by patrickswell

I'm pretty sure that they will have talked about the season just gone, long before now. If we want to be optimistic, they may have had a plan to implement had the season resumed which they could have used to a guide to 2020/21.

There needs to be honesty from manager and players. And they have to settle on one of two approaches:

1) Identify the core players who will play most weeks with a view to winning promotion and identifying where strengthening is needed.

2) Identify which of the Academy boys are going to be fixtures around the squad and start building the squad around them, supplemented with the best players that we currently have and a few additions from outside.

In other words, either go hell for leather to come back up or actually start trying to implement Evans's vague plan. We're told constantly about the terrific crop of young players that we have, so start giving the platform to be terrific for us.

Commit to an approach because this "make-do-and-mend, overcomplicated, plan and play on the hoof from week to week" has killed us for 2 consecutive seasons now.

I’m sure they have, perhaps the wording could’ve been more positive from O’Neill along the lines, ‘We’ve been looking closely at what went wrong last season and are addressing these things in preparation for the next campaign.’ The thing that concerns me is that we talk a lot at our club and don’t ever really follow it up with actions. The 5 point plan being a prime example, all words with little substance, but that’s us. We come up with a plan and then in weeks it’s back to the drawing board.

I think the club might be rather underestimating how p155ed off.... on 21:14 - Jul 11 with 2707 viewsDarth_Koont

They don't even have to look that closely.

Not enough points, not enough goals, not enough use of our spending and not enough use and development of our squad.

That would have been bad enough last year in the Championship. But in League One it's pretty inexcusable.

I at least hope the internal discussions are much more forthright and brutal about how poor a season that was.

Pronouns: He/Him

I think the club might be rather underestimating how p155ed off.... on 22:40 - Jul 11 with 2560 viewsbobbyramsey

I think the club might be rather underestimating how p155ed off.... on 18:44 - Jul 11 by gtsb1966

I think you are spot on.

I hope you are spot on.....
I think the club might be rather underestimating how p155ed off.... on 07:25 - Jul 12 with 2375 viewsitfcjoe

I think the club might be rather underestimating how p155ed off.... on 20:11 - Jul 11 by Chrisd

I’m sure they have, perhaps the wording could’ve been more positive from O’Neill along the lines, ‘We’ve been looking closely at what went wrong last season and are addressing these things in preparation for the next campaign.’ The thing that concerns me is that we talk a lot at our club and don’t ever really follow it up with actions. The 5 point plan being a prime example, all words with little substance, but that’s us. We come up with a plan and then in weeks it’s back to the drawing board.

There is talk from the club that it was just a bad two months after being top in January

They want to stick to that as the line as to what went wrong and don’t want to say much that contradicts it.

We just have to hope that they realise it was half a season of poor form, and not just a bad couple of months, internally and real lessons have been learned, but with the management team still in position it’s worrying that it hasn’t been realised

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I think the club might be rather underestimating how p155ed off.... on 07:38 - Jul 12 with 2356 viewstextbackup

I think the club might be rather underestimating how p155ed off.... on 18:26 - Jul 11 by ITFC_Forever

We’re going to be going into the new season on the back foot already, with the fans having no faith in the club or the manager.
As soon as things start to unravel, the patience will run very thin very quickly.

The Fleetwood (h) shambles was the second-last game we played and any remaining veneer was removed. The club are fortunate that it could be six months plus by the time they play in front of fans again and there will be an element of time being a healer, but it won’t take long for all that to come back to the surface.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2020 18:28]

For weeks, months, years I try to start each game thinking "things turn in out favor from now" yet I'm now fully in the mindset that NOTHING will be different for us, ever.
From top to bottom at the club we are empty and clueless.
We will start the new season with a win or two, then the cracks appear with nothing to seal them, Lambert should be gone by now but he's stuck with him, we all know it's the wrong move. We've wasted time keeping him here.
Just what is the point

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I think the club might be rather underestimating how p155ed off.... on 07:42 - Jul 12 with 2349 viewsITFC_Forever

I think the club might be rather underestimating how p155ed off.... on 07:38 - Jul 12 by textbackup

For weeks, months, years I try to start each game thinking "things turn in out favor from now" yet I'm now fully in the mindset that NOTHING will be different for us, ever.
From top to bottom at the club we are empty and clueless.
We will start the new season with a win or two, then the cracks appear with nothing to seal them, Lambert should be gone by now but he's stuck with him, we all know it's the wrong move. We've wasted time keeping him here.
Just what is the point

Yep, I start pretty much every season with the blind optimism that this season is the year we suddenly become brilliant and win the league by a record margin.

But not the start of this season coming up (whenever it might be). The Fleetwood game broke my faith, and it’s going to be a long while before it is mended, especially under the current management.

I think the club might be rather underestimating how p155ed off.... on 07:48 - Jul 12 with 2328 viewstextbackup

I think the club might be rather underestimating how p155ed off.... on 07:42 - Jul 12 by ITFC_Forever

Yep, I start pretty much every season with the blind optimism that this season is the year we suddenly become brilliant and win the league by a record margin.

But not the start of this season coming up (whenever it might be). The Fleetwood game broke my faith, and it’s going to be a long while before it is mended, especially under the current management.

Peterborough game for me. And honestly I won't be returning until I see there's something worth going back for, spent so long going into it blind etc, I just can't be bother to care anymore until there's something to care about.

I think the club might be rather underestimating how p155ed off.... on 07:59 - Jul 12 with 2294 viewsitfcjoe

I think the club might be rather underestimating how p155ed off.... on 07:42 - Jul 12 by ITFC_Forever

The key thing is always for how big and vocal a percentage of the fan base is the manager too far gone with.

The club and Mick underestimated that with Mick, at the start of 17/18 we won 4 or 5 in a row and were top of the league before losing at home to Fulham(?) and he got a ridiculous amount of stick. If it becomes the case that every time you lose a game the fans want the manager gone then you’ve got no hope of ever being successful

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

I think the club might be rather underestimating how p155ed off.... on 08:04 - Jul 12 with 2290 viewsbluejacko

I think the club might be rather underestimating how p155ed off.... on 07:48 - Jul 12 by textbackup

Peterborough game for me. And honestly I won't be returning until I see there's something worth going back for, spent so long going into it blind etc, I just can't be bother to care anymore until there's something to care about.

And that I am afraid is the attitude that a lot of fans will have! You will get the season tkt holders through the gate eventuality but the walk ups are long gone I reckon.
I think the club might be rather underestimating how p155ed off.... on 08:10 - Jul 12 with 2274 viewstextbackup

I think the club might be rather underestimating how p155ed off.... on 08:04 - Jul 12 by bluejacko

And that I am afraid is the attitude that a lot of fans will have! You will get the season tkt holders through the gate eventuality but the walk ups are long gone I reckon.

I’ve had a season ticket for the best part of 25 years now.

I think the club might be rather underestimating how p155ed off.... on 09:17 - Jul 12 with 2180 viewsbluejacko

I think the club might be rather underestimating how p155ed off.... on 08:10 - Jul 12 by textbackup

I’ve had a season ticket for the best part of 25 years now.

Unlike you I didn’t have to make the difficult decision whether to renew or not as I am moving away.
I think the club might be rather underestimating how p155ed off.... on 09:18 - Jul 12 with 2177 viewsPJH

I think the club might be rather underestimating how p155ed off.... on 09:17 - Jul 12 by bluejacko

Unlike you I didn’t have to make the difficult decision whether to renew or not as I am moving away.

That's a bit drastic-you could have just not renewed.
I think the club might be rather underestimating how p155ed off.... on 09:22 - Jul 12 with 2168 viewsChrisd

I think the club might be rather underestimating how p155ed off.... on 07:25 - Jul 12 by itfcjoe

There is talk from the club that it was just a bad two months after being top in January

They want to stick to that as the line as to what went wrong and don’t want to say much that contradicts it.

We just have to hope that they realise it was half a season of poor form, and not just a bad couple of months, internally and real lessons have been learned, but with the management team still in position it’s worrying that it hasn’t been realised

With you on that Joe. Someone else posted 4 wins from the last 31 games, not sure if that's true? Like all of us, I've tried to put it away in the old grey matter and tried to forget about it. However, that alone highlights that our problems lie a little deeper than just a bad couple of months. The club needs to seriously wake up and start smelling the roses, there's bigger clubs than us that have languished in this league for a considerable amount of time and struggled to get out.

I think the club might be rather underestimating how p155ed off.... on 09:29 - Jul 12 with 2149 viewsPhilTWTD

I think the club might be rather underestimating how p155ed off.... on 09:22 - Jul 12 by Chrisd

With you on that Joe. Someone else posted 4 wins from the last 31 games, not sure if that's true? Like all of us, I've tried to put it away in the old grey matter and tried to forget about it. However, that alone highlights that our problems lie a little deeper than just a bad couple of months. The club needs to seriously wake up and start smelling the roses, there's bigger clubs than us that have languished in this league for a considerable amount of time and struggled to get out.

Four in 21 in the league, and I made that point to Lee. I tend to agree with Joe, the 'bad couple of months' has been their response to questions regarding what went wrong when the season was clearly poor for longer than that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024