Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Weather's been nice hasn't it? 21:53 - Aug 2 with 4313 viewsjeera

Done much mundane stuff?

I've got a bit of laundry done the past few days, that kind of thing.

Popped by the local and had a swift cold pint.

Anyone else done anything mundane and non-argumentative the past few days?

Preferably weather related but feck it, go wild. It might be something you've seen on tv or in the garden anyway.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2020 21:54]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Weather's been nice hasn't it? on 21:59 - Aug 2 with 4292 viewsSpruceMoose

How was your local? Busy? People behaving?

Still not drinking outside mine. The set up there doesn't seem safe to me so it's takeaway drinks only for now.

Otherwise I reorganised the shed, the heat nearly killed me and I had to go have a lie down in the shade with a frosty sud or two.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Weather's been nice hasn't it? on 22:01 - Aug 2 with 4274 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Flirted with footers.
Got nicely pissed yesterday evening.
Binge watched Designated Survivors today.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Weather's been nice hasn't it? on 22:06 - Aug 2 with 4269 viewsjeera

Weather's been nice hasn't it? on 21:59 - Aug 2 by SpruceMoose

Still not drinking outside mine. The set up there doesn't seem safe to me so it's takeaway drinks only for now.

Otherwise I reorganised the shed, the heat nearly killed me and I had to go have a lie down in the shade with a frosty sud or two.

I went there last weekend for the 'first' time cos some family members were down and it has a big garden for the kids and distancing etc. Hardly anyone indoors when I took a peep.

Have to say I was really impressed how efficient the staff were. 2 were dedicated to the garden alone and were really good. I actually tipped well for me, I was that pleased.

Dropped by on Thursday for a quick pint and there were one or 2 about doing the same, all well-behaved it has to be said. Tea-time crew et al.

Man, Friday, it was sooo hot here, and I drove past the place and there wasn't a soul in sight, I mean no one outside, no one inside. That should be busy on a Friday late PM.

Weather's been nice hasn't it? on 22:09 - Aug 2 with 4256 viewsNewcyBlue

I went to the gym today.

Legs day. 20 lunges followed by 30s of wall sit. This format went on descending in reps of lunges followed by wall sits.

Then calf raises.

This will eventually be supplemented by some goblet squats, glute bridges, and box jumps.

Day off for he gym tomorrow. Back to it on Tuesday for an upper body session.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Weather's been nice hasn't it? on 22:12 - Aug 2 with 4246 viewsGeoffSentence

Chipped some cuttings in a chipper. It gave me an inordinate sense of pleasure to spread the chips evenly over my compost.

Living the dream.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Weather's been nice hasn't it? on 22:15 - Aug 2 with 4235 viewsNewcyBlue

Weather's been nice hasn't it? on 22:12 - Aug 2 by GeoffSentence

Chipped some cuttings in a chipper. It gave me an inordinate sense of pleasure to spread the chips evenly over my compost.

Living the dream.

Are you feeling more chipper for it?

Weather's been nice hasn't it? on 22:15 - Aug 2 with 4236 viewsjeera

Weather's been nice hasn't it? on 22:12 - Aug 2 by GeoffSentence

Living the dream.

Harking back to a previous conversation on chippers.

Was yours the one that could take a body as in Fargo?

Asking for an ex-friend.

Weather's been nice hasn't it? on 22:18 - Aug 2 with 4217 viewsGeoffSentence

Weather's been nice hasn't it? on 22:15 - Aug 2 by jeera

Asking for an ex-friend.

Haha! No, mine is little and it has so many safety features that it hardly ever works.

Login to get fewer ads

Weather's been nice hasn't it? on 22:19 - Aug 2 with 4208 viewsGeoffSentence

Weather's been nice hasn't it? on 22:15 - Aug 2 by NewcyBlue

Are you feeling more chipper for it?

I am feeling quite chipper for it. It was a very satisfying, if properly mundane, experience.

Weather's been nice hasn't it? on 22:21 - Aug 2 with 4191 viewsNewcyBlue

Weather's been nice hasn't it? on 22:19 - Aug 2 by GeoffSentence

I am feeling quite chipper for it. It was a very satisfying, if properly mundane, experience.

I imagine that’s what a trip advisor review would be like of my love life

Weather's been nice hasn't it? on 22:42 - Aug 2 with 4150 viewsfabian_illness

My eldest boy has been pestering me for weeks to go and practice goal kicks.
I haven’t played for about 10 years but I’ve been bigging myself up to anyone that would listen that I could easily make a comeback.
Put some polish on the old copa mondials and headed over the field.
Proper warm up, plenty of stretching.
About 10 in and I’m starting to spray them about like I’d never been away.
The lad is 16 and he can strike a ball well into the opposition half from a goal kick, so not wanting to be outdone by a spotty wannabe with a dodgy beard, I set the ball down and step back, run up, foot right through it, pop, there goes my quad.
Hobble home, throw boots back in the cupboard and start feeling sorry for myself whilst the rest of the family relentlessly take the p1ss out of me.
Weather's been nice hasn't it? on 23:36 - Aug 2 with 4096 viewsNewcyBlue

Weather's been nice hasn't it? on 22:42 - Aug 2 by fabian_illness

My eldest boy has been pestering me for weeks to go and practice goal kicks.
I haven’t played for about 10 years but I’ve been bigging myself up to anyone that would listen that I could easily make a comeback.
Put some polish on the old copa mondials and headed over the field.
Proper warm up, plenty of stretching.
About 10 in and I’m starting to spray them about like I’d never been away.
The lad is 16 and he can strike a ball well into the opposition half from a goal kick, so not wanting to be outdone by a spotty wannabe with a dodgy beard, I set the ball down and step back, run up, foot right through it, pop, there goes my quad.
Hobble home, throw boots back in the cupboard and start feeling sorry for myself whilst the rest of the family relentlessly take the p1ss out of me.

You remember what I said about changing your name to fabian_wellness? Scrap that...

Weather's been nice hasn't it? on 09:39 - Aug 3 with 3975 viewsBlueBadger

'Abuse reported'.

Who have you been upsetting?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Weather's been nice hasn't it? on 09:41 - Aug 3 with 3970 viewsSwansea_Blue

Of all your posts, this is probably the least deserving of being reported as abuse. Although it is still you I suppose

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Weather's been nice hasn't it? on 10:04 - Aug 3 with 3937 viewsKeno

I did some gardening yesterday

In the words of Elvis (Costello not Presley) "its been a good year for the roses"

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Weather's been nice hasn't it? on 10:19 - Aug 3 with 3913 viewsLibero

I had a brilliant weekend that's notable by it's average-ness.

I've been riding some pretty choppy waves for the last two or three weeks and frankly I've managed to personally ruin any time off or failed to relax in it for anything above a couple of hours.

Made an effort to get out and about with the wife and boy, went and visited my sister and her partner and had a spot of lunch and chatted while the kids played, enjoyed the 2/3 mile walk each way as well and was relatively productive in the house too, clearing out some old sh1t and reorganising some stuff.
In the evening I cooked the wife one of her favourite meals, we watched a film and had a couple of drinks while chatting b0llocks.

Yesterday we popped round the corner to the park for a couple of hours but I spent the majority of the day on the floor playing with my son and giving him lots of attention, was absolutely lovely. When he went to bed the missus wanted to watch the new Married at first sight Australia so I used that as my prompt to go do something else, sat up till the wee hours playing Xbox and listening to podcasts.

Most enjoyable weekend, I hope everyone else is feeling a similar level of refreshment and rejuvenation.
Weather's been nice hasn't it? on 10:36 - Aug 3 with 3898 viewsDebsyAngel

Washing and emptying the bins.

Had my parents sitting at a distance in our garden last Friday to see me on my birthday. It was great to see them, but hell not to hug them and I burst into tears when they were leaving.
Weather's been nice hasn't it? on 11:54 - Aug 3 with 3872 viewsBrixtonBlue

Drove the missus to see her folks in Brum, who she hasn't seen since Xmas because of lockdown.

Drank whiskey with her dad (they're Irish, so rude not to).

Had meat for the first time in a week (we've gone Flexitarian - plant based during the week, meat only at weekends).

Went to a local park and went on the pedalos... which are giant swans. £8 for half an hour, we thought was very reasonable. We were knackered after 5 mins.

Concerned there might be something in there to set off an argument, but hopefully not.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Weather's been nice hasn't it? on 12:45 - Aug 3 with 3834 viewsKeno

Weather's been nice hasn't it? on 11:54 - Aug 3 by BrixtonBlue

Drove the missus to see her folks in Brum, who she hasn't seen since Xmas because of lockdown.

Had meat for the first time in a week (we've gone Flexitarian - plant based during the week, meat only at weekends).

Went to a local park and went on the pedalos... which are giant swans. £8 for half an hour, we thought was very reasonable. We were knackered after 5 mins.

Concerned there might be something in there to set off an argument, but hopefully not.

Hello Dolls

missed you x

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Weather's been nice hasn't it? on 12:49 - Aug 3 with 3822 viewsNthQldITFC

Weather's been nice hasn't it? on 22:15 - Aug 2 by jeera

Asking for an ex-friend.

Apparently not. Hope your 'ex-friend' is not too cut up about it.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Weather's been nice hasn't it? on 12:54 - Aug 3 with 3813 viewsNthQldITFC

Weather's been nice hasn't it? on 11:54 - Aug 3 by BrixtonBlue

If only you'd missed the 'e' out of the Irish whiskey, you could have triggered a lovely dust up!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024