Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Johnson says no deal would be "a good outcome for the UK" 23:00 - Sep 6 with 4568 viewstractordownsouth

So has he just been negotiating for sh*ts and giggles then? This oven ready deal was nonsense, as the PM and many in the Parliamentary Tory Party seem happy with the no deal outcome. The amount of ERG members who've effectively been saying "just leave and sort it out later" fail to grasp that no deal isn't an end in itself, we will still have to continue trading, and it will be more expensive Every election they claim that even a small corporate tax increase would cause businesses to flee the country en masse, yet they seem happy to committ economic self harm in the form of massive tarriffs,

They also fail to recognise that having no deal with the EU will massively undermine our (already weak) negotiating position with the US as we'll have nothing to fall back on. What happens if we don't like what they have to offer? Do we walk away from them too and have no trade deals with anybody? Tory MPs are willing to sell the country down the river for their WW2-esque wet dreams, but we'll be the ones cleaning up the bed sheets.

I desperately want to be proven wrong, but I have no faith in this lot to even tell the truth, let alone achieve anything on the international stage. 4 years ago they were telling us that we held all the cards in negotiations, yet now they're blaming the EU for messing them up. They can't both be true.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Johnson says no deal would be "a good outcome for the UK" on 23:07 - Sep 6 with 2118 viewsdavblue

We have a horrible government that is willing to lie to us at every opportunity. Have no regard for the people of this country as long as they can get richer.

We are in dark times and this manifests around the world from the good old USA having Trump as its leader and his lying across the board.

They act like they are running their own company.
Johnson says no deal would be "a good outcome for the UK" on 23:08 - Sep 6 with 2110 viewsSwansea_Blue

They’ve got to big it up, otherwise they’d be admitting they’ve screwed up. Of course it isn’t a good outcome. Kind of inevitable though when you refuse to face up to reality.

They’re bloody idiots.

I suspect (hope) this is just posturing and eventually we’ll get something sorted out, even if just light touch to begin with.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Johnson says no deal would be "a good outcome for the UK" on 07:12 - Sep 7 with 1962 viewsBlueBadger

Johnson says no deal would be "a good outcome for the UK" on 23:07 - Sep 6 by davblue

We have a horrible government that is willing to lie to us at every opportunity. Have no regard for the people of this country as long as they can get richer.

We are in dark times and this manifests around the world from the good old USA having Trump as its leader and his lying across the board.

They act like they are running their own company.

If they were running a company, the directors would have sacked them and the Serious Fraud Office would be investigating them by now.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Johnson says no deal would be "a good outcome for the UK" on 07:32 - Sep 7 with 1932 viewsDanTheMan

[We] who agreed with this majority verdict must accept that it was not entirely overwhelming.

That was Boris Johnson after the referendum. Apparently now, screw it, doesn't matter.

It's very frustrating to me that they have lied and lied and lied and have gotten away with it, even rewarded for it with a bumper majority.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Johnson says no deal would be "a good outcome for the UK" on 07:52 - Sep 7 with 1884 viewsHerbivore

They ran a campaign based on undeliverable lies thinking they'd never be tasked with actually having to deliver on them. Now that reality is smacking them in the face and a mirror has been held up to their own incompetence all they have left is to try to forge a narrative that we could have had rainbows and unicorns if only the EU/remainers had allowed it. Bunch of charlatans. It'll probably work though with a compliant media and a divided and gullible population.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Johnson says no deal would be "a good outcome for the UK" on 07:52 - Sep 7 with 1883 viewshype313

Johnson says no deal would be "a good outcome for the UK" on 07:32 - Sep 7 by DanTheMan

[We] who agreed with this majority verdict must accept that it was not entirely overwhelming.

That was Boris Johnson after the referendum. Apparently now, screw it, doesn't matter.

It's very frustrating to me that they have lied and lied and lied and have gotten away with it, even rewarded for it with a bumper majority.

If this administration's handling of Covid is anything to go by then we are all totally screwed, I'm desperately worried about how this no deal Brexit is going to affect mine, and others livelihoods.

I was hoping in desperation that given the many U turns this govt has done, that Brexit might be another one added to stem the financial ruin, but obviously not.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Johnson says no deal would be on 08:52 - Sep 7 with 1813 viewsGuthrum

Johnson says no deal would be "a good outcome for the UK" on 07:52 - Sep 7 by Herbivore

They ran a campaign based on undeliverable lies thinking they'd never be tasked with actually having to deliver on them. Now that reality is smacking them in the face and a mirror has been held up to their own incompetence all they have left is to try to forge a narrative that we could have had rainbows and unicorns if only the EU/remainers had allowed it. Bunch of charlatans. It'll probably work though with a compliant media and a divided and gullible population.

Yes, the EU has been tough and uncompromising in the negotiations. But if they weren't expecting that, they are remarkably dim.

I suspect some of them did and were counting upon it to achieve a back-door No Deal.

Which, if the dangers to the UK economy turn out to be even half realised, makes them also very dim (or possibly in a position to make money from any collapse).
[Post edited 7 Sep 2020 8:55]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Johnson says no deal would be on 08:53 - Sep 7 with 1804 viewsitfcjoe

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Johnson says no deal would be on 08:57 - Sep 7 with 1792 viewsHerbivore

Johnson says no deal would be on 08:53 - Sep 7 by itfcjoe

If we unilaterally make legislation that deliberately overrides a jointly agreed international treaty that is the final nail in our coffin as a serious country. Just when you think Johnson and his band of incompetents can't sink any lower they somehow find a way.

Johnson says no deal would be "a good outcome for the UK" on 09:05 - Sep 7 with 1767 viewsBent_double

The only thing that would be a good outcome for the UK would be if 100 Tory MPs resigned en-masse, crossed the floor, and then for the Labour party to launch a motion of no confidence in the government to get these charlatans out before they do any more damage.

Fingers crossed....

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Johnson says no deal would be "a good outcome for the UK" on 09:06 - Sep 7 with 1757 viewshype313

Johnson says no deal would be "a good outcome for the UK" on 09:05 - Sep 7 by Bent_double

The only thing that would be a good outcome for the UK would be if 100 Tory MPs resigned en-masse, crossed the floor, and then for the Labour party to launch a motion of no confidence in the government to get these charlatans out before they do any more damage.

Fingers crossed....

Given the last 5 years of this country's government, I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if that happened.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Johnson says no deal would be "a good outcome for the UK" on 09:11 - Sep 7 with 1745 viewstractordownsouth

Johnson says no deal would be "a good outcome for the UK" on 09:05 - Sep 7 by Bent_double

Fingers crossed....

No chance. 1/3 of Tory MPs are newly elected and were chosen on their slavish loyalty to Johnson, so none of them will rebel, and many of the rest are idiots like Mark Francois, Andrew Bridgen and Nadine Dorries.

The party's under complete authoritarian rule - anyone who dared to go against the dear leader was kicked out in 2019. I could probably count the number of moderate Tories on my fingers.

Johnson says no deal would be "a good outcome for the UK" on 09:13 - Sep 7 with 1737 viewsHerbivore

Johnson says no deal would be "a good outcome for the UK" on 09:11 - Sep 7 by tractordownsouth

No chance. 1/3 of Tory MPs are newly elected and were chosen on their slavish loyalty to Johnson, so none of them will rebel, and many of the rest are idiots like Mark Francois, Andrew Bridgen and Nadine Dorries.

The party's under complete authoritarian rule - anyone who dared to go against the dear leader was kicked out in 2019. I could probably count the number of moderate Tories on my fingers.

Precisely this. Almost all of the moderate Tories, and certainly the ones with sufficient backbone to speak or act out, were purged last year. This is not a broach church Tory government.

Johnson says no deal would be "a good outcome for the UK" on 09:23 - Sep 7 with 1708 viewstractordownsouth

Johnson says no deal would be "a good outcome for the UK" on 09:13 - Sep 7 by Herbivore

Precisely this. Almost all of the moderate Tories, and certainly the ones with sufficient backbone to speak or act out, were purged last year. This is not a broach church Tory government.

The only ones I can see potentially speaking out are Tobias Ellwood, Roger Gale, Caroline Noakes, Julian Smith and Tom Tugendhat. Beyond that it's slim pickings.

Johnson says no deal would be "a good outcome for the UK" on 09:26 - Sep 7 with 1698 viewsSomethingBlue

Johnson says no deal would be "a good outcome for the UK" on 09:11 - Sep 7 by tractordownsouth

Indeed. Among the former is Ipswich's — well not Ipswich's, as he has zero connection to the place — Tom Hunt, whose output makes me genuinely feel very sad.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Johnson says no deal would be "a good outcome for the UK" on 09:29 - Sep 7 with 1686 viewsitfcjoe

Johnson says no deal would be "a good outcome for the UK" on 09:26 - Sep 7 by SomethingBlue

Indeed. Among the former is Ipswich's — well not Ipswich's, as he has zero connection to the place — Tom Hunt, whose output makes me genuinely feel very sad.

You can rely on him to parrot the populist BS as and when required.

I bet he's got an opinion on singing Land of Hope and Glory rather than the exam fiasco

Johnson says no deal would be "a good outcome for the UK" on 09:30 - Sep 7 with 1680 viewsSomethingBlue

Johnson says no deal would be "a good outcome for the UK" on 09:29 - Sep 7 by itfcjoe

I bet he's got an opinion on singing Land of Hope and Glory rather than the exam fiasco

He's utterly poisonous and needs removing at the earliest chance, what the hell were people thinking. It makes me so angry.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Johnson says no deal would be "a good outcome for the UK" on 09:33 - Sep 7 with 1661 viewsitfcjoe

Johnson says no deal would be "a good outcome for the UK" on 09:30 - Sep 7 by SomethingBlue

He's utterly poisonous and needs removing at the earliest chance, what the hell were people thinking. It makes me so angry.

They weren't voting for him, they were voting for Boris - not that that makes it much better

Johnson says no deal would be "a good outcome for the UK" on 09:49 - Sep 7 with 1621 viewsPinewoodblue

Maybe the deal was oven ready but the EU own the ovens and we can only use them on their terms.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Johnson says no deal would be "a good outcome for the UK" on 10:21 - Sep 7 with 1556 viewstractordownsouth

Johnson says no deal would be "a good outcome for the UK" on 09:29 - Sep 7 by itfcjoe

In the BBC debate, he stood up in parliament citing a recent Panorama documentary on nurses' lack of PPE and accused them of bias because Guido Fawkes had done an 'expose' about them all being Labour voters. He was essentially accusing them of lying about lack of PPE in a pandemic because they didn't vote for the Tories, which was massively disrespectful.

I'm coming up to door knock for the Labour candidate in 2024, Hunt is the dangerous combination of nasty and thick. Hope it's Sandy Martin, but I don't think he'll be up for it again.

Johnson says no deal would be "a good outcome for the UK" on 10:25 - Sep 7 with 1543 viewshampstead_blue

It, Brexit, was never going to be easy nor were the EU ever going to allow us anything like a good deal.

They have found two points, fishing and level playing field, which they are going to use to make as much damage to our exit as possible.

It is in their best interests for us to leave with No Deal. They want us to fail in the negotiations.

Everyone is happy to lie into the Government on this but take a step back.

If Labour had got in then we would be chasing yet more referendums or JC would have made it "Brexit in name only".
The only way to leave the EU is the hard way.

They want us to fail simply because if we don't then contagion could set-in.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Johnson says no deal would be "a good outcome for the UK" on 10:28 - Sep 7 with 1527 viewsDarth_Koont

I'm looking forward to relegation and getting my country back. It'll be a laugh and a chance to bounce back stronger.

Pronouns: He/Him

Johnson says no deal would be on 10:28 - Sep 7 with 1523 viewsm14_blue

Johnson says no deal would be "a good outcome for the UK" on 10:25 - Sep 7 by hampstead_blue

It, Brexit, was never going to be easy nor were the EU ever going to allow us anything like a good deal.

They have found two points, fishing and level playing field, which they are going to use to make as much damage to our exit as possible.

It is in their best interests for us to leave with No Deal. They want us to fail in the negotiations.

If Labour had got in then we would be chasing yet more referendums or JC would have made it "Brexit in name only".

If that's true why did the Tories and other Brexiteers repeatedly tell us how easy it would be to do a deal and, indeed, that they had one 'oven ready'?

Either they were deliberately misleading or they were hopelessly naïve. I can't see a third option in your scenario.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2020 12:44]
Johnson says no deal would be "a good outcome for the UK" on 10:28 - Sep 7 with 1521 viewsDubtractor

Johnson says no deal would be "a good outcome for the UK" on 09:30 - Sep 7 by SomethingBlue

What makes me even sadder, is that it appears huge numbers of people in the town hang on his every word and love what he says.

That is so depressing.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Johnson says no deal would be "a good outcome for the UK" on 10:35 - Sep 7 with 1490 viewsHerbivore

Johnson says no deal would be "a good outcome for the UK" on 10:25 - Sep 7 by hampstead_blue

Keep drinking the Kool-Aid. If the only way to leave was ever going to be a no deal Brexit, why did the leave campaign spend the first half of 2016 telling everyone we'd still enjoy free market access and freedom of movement and that we'd have all the benefits of being in the EU but none of the drawbacks? You must think they deliberately lied or you're rewriting history so you don't have to deal with the reality of what's going on.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024