Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
iFollow - some experiences 20:19 - Sep 13 with 581 viewsClareBlue

It looks like we are all going to be using this service more this year.

A few things that have come up on the Forum or that I have experienced, just for info. It is miles better than when first launched but still has its issues.

a) Check and double check you are not geographically restricted to no access or audio only etc before you fork out any cash. It is different for different types of games and your passes etc do not allow all games. It has changed this year so what you think you know is not what they are doing at the moment. VPNs might or might not work as they identify common ones and enforce restrictions.

b) Leave a bit of time to get it all working. You can be set up and looking at a picture of a pitch, or nothing, in plenty of time but if you try and get going 4 mins before kick off you could have to update some software or whatever other issue is going on with the player.

c) You might have no indication it is working until about 5 mins before kick off. Absolutely nothing until the friendly voice of radio Suffolk comes through your screen a few minutes before kick off.

d) The feed is much better than early days and you should be fine with average internet connection, but the direction and quality of production are not sky.

e) Use Chrome for browser

f) If it is a Sky sports and you really can not get it through being restricted then use NOW TV at 10 a go. The club will not get a cut, as per iPlayer, but you will get the match on a sky sports 1 day pass. You will get 24 hours of Sky Sports so you can watch some of the entitled poncing around too, if you want.

You can project from your browser direct to your projector fine with Chrome and it is pretty good doing this. We do this and it works great. We fill a whole wall and it is OK definition and didn't buffer once today.
iFollow - some experiences on 20:32 - Sep 13 with 552 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Watching on iPhone- I could only watch I the middle 1/3 of the screen.
I couldn’t rotate and fill the screen!

It didn’t help with losing plusnet for whole day now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024