Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Woolfenden's injury 10:14 - Sep 23 with 1192 viewsSomethingBlue

Asked this deep in another thread yesterday so apologies for repetition. But am I going mad or did he go down holding his groin early in the second half vs Bristol Rovers in the cup? At the time I was very surprised he carried on, especially given we were winning comfortably. Hope that hasn't caused any issues here, and/or that it's something different.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Woolfenden's injury on 10:16 - Sep 23 with 1169 viewsBlueBadger

He'll have been fine carrying on, it'll be our treatment, recovery and rehab programmes that f*ck him up, if past years are anything to go by.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2020 10:18]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Quite.... on 10:18 - Sep 23 with 1141 viewsBloots

The Wolf did his groin.... by Bloots 23 Sep 2020 10:09
....in the cup match against Bristol, he nearly came off because of it.

I was amazed that he then started against Arsenal in the Trophy and made the point at the time, but was just told I was an "outer".

Seemed a strange decision at the time.

I agree in principle, but.... by Bloots 8 Sep 2020 19:11
....our players seem incredibly susceptible to injury.

Chambo came off with an injury at the weekend, Wolfie was feeling his groin (oooerr missus) and Bish is made of glass.

I just hope he isn't being pig headed to try and prove a point that ends up being to the detriment of the opening league match.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Quite.... on 10:20 - Sep 23 with 1116 viewsSomethingBlue

Quite.... on 10:18 - Sep 23 by Bloots

The Wolf did his groin.... by Bloots 23 Sep 2020 10:09
....in the cup match against Bristol, he nearly came off because of it.

I was amazed that he then started against Arsenal in the Trophy and made the point at the time, but was just told I was an "outer".

Seemed a strange decision at the time.

I agree in principle, but.... by Bloots 8 Sep 2020 19:11
....our players seem incredibly susceptible to injury.

Chambo came off with an injury at the weekend, Wolfie was feeling his groin (oooerr missus) and Bish is made of glass.

I just hope he isn't being pig headed to try and prove a point that ends up being to the detriment of the opening league match.

There we go. Tbf I think managers will be guided by the medical staff on these matters. I hope we didn't get it wrong.

No comment (n/t) on 10:23 - Sep 23 with 1089 viewsBloots

Quite.... on 10:20 - Sep 23 by SomethingBlue

There we go. Tbf I think managers will be guided by the medical staff on these matters. I hope we didn't get it wrong.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Woolfenden's injury on 10:25 - Sep 23 with 1083 viewsBrixtonBlue

Phil's said in another thread it's only something minor.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Woolfenden's injury on 10:26 - Sep 23 with 1080 viewsSomethingBlue

Woolfenden's injury on 10:25 - Sep 23 by BrixtonBlue

Good — let's hope so! We've had a few of those minor ones ...

Woolfenden's injury on 10:59 - Sep 23 with 1007 viewsArnieM

Woolfenden's injury on 10:25 - Sep 23 by BrixtonBlue

So if it’s something minor why are the Club saying his return date is “unknown”.
As fir medical and rehab supposed shortfalls , perhaps the real issue is the strengthening/ conditioning and training regimes that should be under the spotlight , because our players drop like flies in pre season build up and spend months out . This happens seemingly every season , why?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Woolfenden's injury on 11:41 - Sep 23 with 905 viewsBrixtonBlue

Woolfenden's injury on 10:59 - Sep 23 by ArnieM

So if it’s something minor why are the Club saying his return date is “unknown”.
As fir medical and rehab supposed shortfalls , perhaps the real issue is the strengthening/ conditioning and training regimes that should be under the spotlight , because our players drop like flies in pre season build up and spend months out . This happens seemingly every season , why?

I take your second point. As to your first, I've no idea, I'm only repeating what Phil's said.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Login to get fewer ads

Woolfenden's injury on 11:44 - Sep 23 with 907 viewsPhilTWTD

Woolfenden's injury on 10:59 - Sep 23 by ArnieM

Wasn't that it was unknown as such, just PL didn't specify or wasn't sure. Said Drinan was more severe but no more than that. Not been given the impression it's anything serious. All injury stuff from Friday's presser here:

Drinan Set to Miss Two Months, Woolfenden Not Ready to Return 18th Sep 2020 10:08
Blues striker Aaron Drinan could miss the next two months having suffered a thigh injury in last week’s League One opener against Wigan Athletic, while Town continue to have a number of other injury absentees ahead of Saturday’s visit to Bristol Rovers, including centre-half Luke Woolfenden. 35

This post has been edited by an administrator
Woolfenden's injury on 11:46 - Sep 23 with 883 viewsITFCBlues

Woolfenden's injury on 11:44 - Sep 23 by PhilTWTD

Wasn't that it was unknown as such, just PL didn't specify or wasn't sure. Said Drinan was more severe but no more than that. Not been given the impression it's anything serious. All injury stuff from Friday's presser here:

Drinan Set to Miss Two Months, Woolfenden Not Ready to Return 18th Sep 2020 10:08
Blues striker Aaron Drinan could miss the next two months having suffered a thigh injury in last week’s League One opener against Wigan Athletic, while Town continue to have a number of other injury absentees ahead of Saturday’s visit to Bristol Rovers, including centre-half Luke Woolfenden. 35

This post has been edited by an administrator

Any whispers about one of Wolfy or KVY being perhaps longer term?

Seems strange we've signed this Arsenal lad when we're already well stocked in that area

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024