Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One in Six 12:32 - Oct 22 with 4194 viewsStokieBlue

So next time you are walking down the street remember that 1 in every 6 people you pass (on average) thinks that C19 was released on purpose to depopulate the planet (a stupid theory on so many levels) and that 1 in 4 believe the broader points of QAnon.

I know humans are still evolving but I was hopeful it wasn't to become stupider.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/oct/22/one-in-four-britons-believe-in-q

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

One in Six on 12:33 - Oct 22 with 3034 viewsSpruceMoose

Do you think that rate holds up on here, or are we a more sensible bunch?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

One in Six on 12:35 - Oct 22 with 3010 viewsStokieBlue

One in Six on 12:33 - Oct 22 by SpruceMoose

In general I feel that it's a more sensible bunch on here but there are certainly some outliers.

I suspect the true believers have no time for things as small as an Ipswich Town forum as they are too busy setting the world to rights on a dedicated conspiracy forum somewhere.

SB

One in Six on 12:36 - Oct 22 with 2998 viewsm14_blue

We're accelerating all the time towards a new dark age of ignorance.

History will not look kindly on our generations, at least a quarter of us are thick as mince.
One in Six on 12:41 - Oct 22 with 2969 viewsSwansea_Blue

Guthers and Steve_M will be all over this conspiracy theory. You know what they're like...

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

One in Six on 12:50 - Oct 22 with 2927 viewslowhouseblue

there have been Certain Individual Loons I guess.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

One in Six on 12:52 - Oct 22 with 2917 viewsusm

One in Four on here

Def Info

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

One in Six on 12:56 - Oct 22 with 2890 viewscatch74

One in Six on 12:36 - Oct 22 by m14_blue

History will not look kindly on our generations, at least a quarter of us are thick as mince.

The age of disenlightenment.

Ego selfie, ergo sum.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

One in Six on 13:02 - Oct 22 with 2855 viewsCrayonKing

One in Six on 12:36 - Oct 22 by m14_blue

It seems crazy that near-universal access to information has led to an age of ignorance, but here we are!
Login to get fewer ads

One in Six on 13:03 - Oct 22 with 2848 viewshype313

One in Six on 13:02 - Oct 22 by CrayonKing

It seems crazy that near-universal access to information has led to an age of ignorance, but here we are!

But equally that's why there are so many nut jobs around, so much crackpot content online for people to lose themselves in.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

One in Six on 13:23 - Oct 22 with 2795 viewseireblue

It would be interesting to throw in some control styles questions in such surveys.

E.g. Invent a few conspiracies or weird things, just to see how many people would respond yes.

For instance, do you believe in the theory that Elon Musk and Silicon Valley Elites are building a satellite network that will help China track people using 5G.

There maybe a percentage of the population that will believe anything negative said about a group of people they don’t like.

So it isn’t really what people think that is being captured, but peoples prejudice against certain groups.
One in Six on 13:24 - Oct 22 with 2784 viewsCrayonKing

One in Six on 13:03 - Oct 22 by hype313

But equally that's why there are so many nut jobs around, so much crackpot content online for people to lose themselves in.

Yep. People can just find whatever “information” they need to back up whatever they’d like to believe.

Might just be rose-tinted specs but in the pre social-media days people seemed to accept that they can’t know everything and would defer to experts on subjects they know nothing about. Now everyone seems to have an opinion on everything and thinks their opinion is just as valid as anyone else’s, even in a field they know nothing about.

Not sure what the solution is, if there even is one, but a wilfully ignorant population isn’t compatible with a functioning democracy and certainly isn’t fit to solve any of the problems the 21st century is going to throw at us.
One in Six on 13:31 - Oct 22 with 2747 viewsSwansea_Blue

Indeed. Although the tools that allow us to easily access information are just as effective at spreading disinformation. That's what some people are calling this period now, aren't they? The age of disinformation or Disinformation Age.

We seem to have lost the ability to analyse and assess the information thrown our way - education is more important than ever in this, but seems light years behind the technology. Our kids haven't done anything on this in school, apart from a tiny bit of keeping yourself safe online, which is more about avoiding grooming than the spread of conspiracy theories and learning to evaluate what we see on line.

One in Six on 13:33 - Oct 22 with 2743 viewsEwan_Oozami

One in Six on 13:23 - Oct 22 by eireblue

It would be interesting to throw in some control styles questions in such surveys.

E.g. Invent a few conspiracies or weird things, just to see how many people would respond yes.

For instance, do you believe in the theory that Elon Musk and Silicon Valley Elites are building a satellite network that will help China track people using 5G.

There maybe a percentage of the population that will believe anything negative said about a group of people they don’t like.

So it isn’t really what people think that is being captured, but peoples prejudice against certain groups.

You mean they aren't?????

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

One in Six on 13:38 - Oct 22 with 2733 viewsGeoffSentence

I wouldn't take that too literally, I am sure that most people like to wind up these survey providers.

In fact, according to a poll conducted by Yougeoff, 9 out of 13 people answer survey questions dishonestly.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

One in Six on 13:39 - Oct 22 with 2725 viewsSwansea_Blue

One in Six on 13:38 - Oct 22 by GeoffSentence

I wouldn't take that too literally, I am sure that most people like to wind up these survey providers.

In fact, according to a poll conducted by Yougeoff, 9 out of 13 people answer survey questions dishonestly.

True. I rarely respond to surveys honestly, even on here *shock admission*.

One in Six on 13:57 - Oct 22 with 2662 viewsEwan_Oozami

How many were Cretans?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

One in Six on 14:08 - Oct 22 with 2614 viewsDarth_Koont

I don’t think it’s as bad as that. People can be wrong and can be manipulated in different ways and different media. But it’s always essentially been the same when we had people quoting the Sun and a bloke down the pub.

The misinformation has grown exponentially in the digital age but so has the truth, facts and data. So overall, we’re probably better off.

Just dealing with the downside that’s going to take some work. And put it this way, we know the politicians and media who exploit fake news and misinformation. Cracking down on them and showing zero tolerance for those tactics in public debate and press standards should be top of every reasonable person’s mind.

Pronouns: He/Him

One in Six on 14:12 - Oct 22 with 2592 viewseireblue

One in Six on 13:33 - Oct 22 by Ewan_Oozami

You mean they aren't?????

Nah, that’s just a distraction conspiracy theory, you can ignore that one.

Also ignore the very many rich green vegan activist actors and Hollywood Elites in California, and ignore that CV-19 is supposed to have come from a “live animal” market, and cotton manufactures, that don’t use leather or wool, seem to have profited quite nicely from everyone being forced to wear masks. I am not saying anymore than that. But surely you can see the links?
One in Six on 14:17 - Oct 22 with 2561 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Is that a paradoxical claim?

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

One in Six on 17:07 - Oct 22 with 2400 viewsTJS

If it was released to depopulate the planet its not doing very well so far.
It will probably make about as much difference to world population as taking a bucket of water out of an olympic size swimming pool.
One in Six on 17:37 - Oct 22 with 2367 viewsJ2BLUE

I consider the fact we've had no extinction event to be proof that there is no god.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

One in Six on 17:49 - Oct 22 with 2349 viewsStokieBlue

One in Six on 17:37 - Oct 22 by J2BLUE

I consider the fact we've had no extinction event to be proof that there is no god.

We might have got close:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toba_catastrophe_theory

"human populations sharply decreased to 3,000—10,000 surviving individuals".

There is some more recent research which does throw these conclusions into some doubt but doesn't totally discredit them.

SB

One in Six on 22:57 - Oct 22 with 2162 viewsKropotkin123

I know nothing of this conspiracy group, but I thought it was weird that this was in there...

A similar proportion (26%) agreed that “elites in Hollywood, politics, the media and other powerful positions” are secretly engaging in large-scale child trafficking and abuse.

Epstein, Prince Andrew, Weinstein, Savile, MJ, Harris, R Kelly.... The list goes on of the accused who have abused minors in these positions of power. We know more people visited Epstein who are currently not formally charged or implicated too.

Point is, this is hardly a conspiracy. I'd by more surprised if 25% of people disagreed with that statement.

Like I say, I don't know Qnon, so I may be missing context for this accusation.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

One in Six on 23:14 - Oct 22 with 2127 viewsStokieBlue

One in Six on 22:57 - Oct 22 by Kropotkin123

I know nothing of this conspiracy group, but I thought it was weird that this was in there...

A similar proportion (26%) agreed that “elites in Hollywood, politics, the media and other powerful positions” are secretly engaging in large-scale child trafficking and abuse.

Epstein, Prince Andrew, Weinstein, Savile, MJ, Harris, R Kelly.... The list goes on of the accused who have abused minors in these positions of power. We know more people visited Epstein who are currently not formally charged or implicated too.

Point is, this is hardly a conspiracy. I'd by more surprised if 25% of people disagreed with that statement.

Like I say, I don't know Qnon, so I may be missing context for this accusation.

You've named 7 people, 2 of which are from the same scandal and one of which I believe wasn't child based?

How many people work in Hollywood, Politics and the Media? Nobody has said it doesn't go on. To cite "large-scale" would need a lot more evidence than that.

SB

One in Six on 23:26 - Oct 22 with 2113 viewsjeera

One in Six on 23:14 - Oct 22 by StokieBlue

You've named 7 people, 2 of which are from the same scandal and one of which I believe wasn't child based?

How many people work in Hollywood, Politics and the Media? Nobody has said it doesn't go on. To cite "large-scale" would need a lot more evidence than that.

SB

It's a fair point you make, and the same percentages could possibly tally throughout society regardless of status.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024