Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today is massive innit? 11:43 - Oct 24 with 794 viewsnoggin

We need a result today or confidence of both players and fans will drop. Defeat today could be the realisation that we're not good enough to win promotion. COYB.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

I agree on 11:48 - Oct 24 with 770 viewsDyland

If Lambert makes no (significant) changes and we see the same results as at Donny, that will be clear as day imo. As many keep saying though, that "not good enough" lies unequivocally with Lambert. A better manager would do better with this squad. Is one not available ffs? I will of course hold my hands up if we turn on a decent performance, even if we don't win.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Today is massive innit? on 11:49 - Oct 24 with 766 viewsKeno

its like 2019, de ja vu all over again

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Today is massive innit? on 12:08 - Oct 24 with 738 viewsquirkie

3-0 Lincoln, sadly nothing has changed from last season. Love to be eating my words come 5pm but can't see it.

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

Today is massive innit? on 12:14 - Oct 24 with 734 viewshomer_123

Today is massive innit? on 11:49 - Oct 24 by Keno

its like 2019, de ja vu all over again

Nothing new here. by homer_123 20 Oct 2020 20:51
A tougher test...not up to the mark tonight.

As we have seen for a while now...against better teams we get punished for basic errors.

We got away with Saturday's performance. Low and behold....not tonight against a better, more organised team.

Injury issues aside....this performance and result feels all too familiar.

Deja vu.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

On the 23rd October last year..... on 12:20 - Oct 24 with 720 viewsBloots

....we played Rotherham after our first league defeat of the season the match before.

We lost.

We then went on to win only 3 of the next 17 matches.

As you say, massive.

COYFBs

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Today is massive innit? on 12:48 - Oct 24 with 662 viewsgordon

It's a difficult game for us - it's difficult to see how we can make things tighter without completely changing things; our approach depends on Dozzell in that deep lying midfield role, and whichever other combination of midfielders we play alongside him out of Nolan / Bishop / Huws give us a midfield three that won't be particularly effective at stopping the other team from playing - Bishop's the one with by far the best attacking threat, so he's got to play, and I suppose Nolan gets in ahead of Huws.

If the outcome is similar to Tuesday, it's a big, big problem for Lambert, because his problem has always been not understanding or knowing how to tweak things a bit to address problems with our play - all he really knows how to do when things don't go right is to try something completely different.
Today is massive innit? on 12:54 - Oct 24 with 650 viewsbackwaywhen

Today is massive innit? on 12:08 - Oct 24 by quirkie

3-0 Lincoln, sadly nothing has changed from last season. Love to be eating my words come 5pm but can't see it.

Do not totally agree , last season our wins were some what uninspiring and a tad lucky , this year we have played some nice football and deserved the points and it remains to be seen if we can maintain that form over the next dozen games , only then will I start believing ...... COYBs
Today is massive innit? on 13:05 - Oct 24 with 601 viewsLankHenners

In a sense it seems a bit silly to be talking in these terms so early on in the season but last year has given Lambert zero credit in the bank so a loss today will feel like we've learned nothing and are doomed to repeat the failure of last season. A defeat similar to the away fixture against them last season will really look like we're not up to it.

Not sure a solitary win necessarily means we'll be fine but it'll at least show we may not collapse as easily as we did before.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Login to get fewer ads

Today is massive innit? on 13:18 - Oct 24 with 554 viewsEl_Fenix

Today is massive innit? on 12:48 - Oct 24 by gordon

It's a difficult game for us - it's difficult to see how we can make things tighter without completely changing things; our approach depends on Dozzell in that deep lying midfield role, and whichever other combination of midfielders we play alongside him out of Nolan / Bishop / Huws give us a midfield three that won't be particularly effective at stopping the other team from playing - Bishop's the one with by far the best attacking threat, so he's got to play, and I suppose Nolan gets in ahead of Huws.

If the outcome is similar to Tuesday, it's a big, big problem for Lambert, because his problem has always been not understanding or knowing how to tweak things a bit to address problems with our play - all he really knows how to do when things don't go right is to try something completely different.

He also knows how to say "The football was brilliant" ... which he frequently does, even after performances that were listless and ineffective ...

ITFC shall rise like a phoenix from the ashes of its long decline!

Today is massive innit? on 13:26 - Oct 24 with 525 viewsnoggin

Today is massive innit? on 13:18 - Oct 24 by El_Fenix

He also knows how to say "The football was brilliant" ... which he frequently does, even after performances that were listless and ineffective ...

"Really really good"

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Today is massive innit? on 13:27 - Oct 24 with 523 viewsChrisd

I just want to see a reaction from the players and a performance. You think back to last season after a defeat, invariably the next game we'd start off ok, then go behind and the wheels would begin to wobble and we'd ultimately lose. It keeps getting mentioned this is all on PL, it's not. The players need to go out and start consistently delivering. I'd hope they see it as an opportunity to prove many of us wrong who are doubting them. Lincoln City 1-2 ITFC (Hawkins and Bishop).

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Today is massive innit? on 13:56 - Oct 24 with 456 viewskeighleyblue

Jesus the negativity on this thread. 38 games to go after today...
Today is massive innit? on 14:00 - Oct 24 with 444 viewsDanTheMan

Today is massive innit? on 13:56 - Oct 24 by keighleyblue

Some people were happy to have a completely clean slate this season, others are still taking last season into account. I probably fall into the latter category.

Whilst we've had a good start, the first sign of decent opposition saw us fall to a heavy defeat with little fight when going behind, which was a major issue last year.

I do hope I'm wrong and it was just a blip.

Onwards and upwards today.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Today is massive innit? on 14:02 - Oct 24 with 438 viewsbackwaywhen

Today is massive innit? on 13:56 - Oct 24 by keighleyblue

It’s a discussion about good and bad , it’s called a forum !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024