Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Glad for Hawkins yesterday 13:40 - Nov 1 with 826 viewsDarth_Koont

He’s had little to no players in support up around him this season (although when they have done, it’s led to chances). But he does well enough with the scraps he gets and maybe the goal will see us put more crosses into him too.

Jackson was sharp when he came on but still does his best work in the channels rather than down the middle. Occurs to me that getting both Hawkins and Jackson on the pitch at the same time might be the answer.

Special mention to Bishop too. Thought he really stepped up yesterday when our midfield was having a battle and it was his running with the ball that really opened up Crewe and pressurised them when our passing wasn’t.

Pronouns: He/Him

Glad for Hawkins yesterday on 14:23 - Nov 1 with 769 viewsWestover

I would like us to try Jackson on the right with Edwards in his best position on the left.
Glad for Hawkins yesterday on 15:31 - Nov 1 with 724 viewsScuzzer

Glad for Hawkins yesterday on 14:23 - Nov 1 by Westover

I would like us to try Jackson on the right with Edwards in his best position on the left.

Me too.

Established 1968

Glad for Hawkins yesterday on 15:54 - Nov 1 with 700 viewsDarth_Koont

Glad for Hawkins yesterday on 14:23 - Nov 1 by Westover

Yep. Same here.

Or even as a front two if it means allowing players like Lankaster, Bennetts and Dobra to provide something different in midfield.

Pronouns: He/Him

Glad for Hawkins yesterday on 16:09 - Nov 1 with 688 viewsmonty_radio

Glad for Hawkins yesterday on 15:31 - Nov 1 by Scuzzer

Me too.

While P.L. seems to have no problem with players out of position (Judge played out wide) he resisted Edwards own call to play out on the left, even though Freddie is often little more than a willing tryer out there. At Crawley Jordan Roberts had enjoyed success out wide, but here he had to soldier on as C.F. Hopefully he may deploy Jackson where he can do most damage because he's certainly not hurting people from the bench while he sits watching slower pretend wingers toiling away.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2020 19:30]

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Glad for Hawkins yesterday on 17:26 - Nov 1 with 624 viewsjayessess

Glad for Hawkins yesterday on 16:09 - Nov 1 by monty_radio

While P.L. seems to have no problem with players out of position (Judge played out wide) he resisted Edwards own call to play out on the left, even though Freddie is often little more than a willing tryer out there. At Crawley Jordan Roberts had enjoyed success out wide, but here he had to soldier on as C.F. Hopefully he may deploy Jackson where he can do most damage because he's certainly not hurting people from the bench while he sits watching slower pretend wingers toiling away.

You mean the other Jordan here (Roberts), surely? Don't recall Graham playing up front for us and he never played a single game for Lambert.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2020 17:27]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Glad for Hawkins yesterday on 17:45 - Nov 1 with 597 viewsDennyx4

Glad for Hawkins yesterday on 16:09 - Nov 1 by monty_radio

You are mixing Roberts and Graham up - Graham has only ever been a winger.
Glad for Hawkins yesterday on 19:30 - Nov 1 with 539 viewsmonty_radio

Glad for Hawkins yesterday on 17:26 - Nov 1 by jayessess

You mean the other Jordan here (Roberts), surely? Don't recall Graham playing up front for us and he never played a single game for Lambert.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2020 17:27]

Noted, see edit Thanks

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Glad for Hawkins yesterday on 21:51 - Nov 1 with 463 viewsvindicatedblue

Hawkins hold up play and overall contribution has been very good so far. He's doing the sort of things I was expecting from Will Keane last season.

So like you, I'm really pleased he got his goal.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024