Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This lockdown is going to be a struggle 15:56 - Nov 2 with 7586 viewsitfcjoe

Keep working, but no fun allowed.

At least kids can still go to nursery so there isn't the ridiculous split shifts for us to manage, or more realistically for my wife to as I'll be mostly out and about in the day with work.

Gym shut, pitch black and wet outside so exercise a struggle.

Nothing to look forward to, except watching Ipswich games on my own sitting in my office. On top of that I've got a dissertation to write.

Roll on 2021, when hopefully things will be a bit better

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Cold be worse mate..... on 16:01 - Nov 2 with 2581 viewsBloots

....I've just got a new puppy.

I've got 4 weeks of cleaning up sh*t and p*ss whilst trying to stop her chewing every item of furniture/clothing/footwear in the house.

She also is having the time of her life attacking my achilles/arm/nose at every opportunity.

I can't even take her out walking for another month.

I'm such a knobhead.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

This lockdown is going to be a struggle on 16:01 - Nov 2 with 2568 viewsOhDavidMcgoldrick

Completely agree, fortunately my role still requires a bit of commuting where I can get out of the house but my wife also works shifts so large parts of any home-time including weekends is spent on my own.

I put a post on here last week in similar vein and found it of huge use this past weekend to set myself challenges before sitting down at 3pm for the football.

Largely involved doing those cleaning jobs that never get done throughout the year, but at least when things do ease up I can enjoy my free time instead of doing those jobs!

Poll: Should Lambert be sacked today?

This lockdown is going to be a struggle on 16:11 - Nov 2 with 2529 viewsDubtractor

I struggle with this time of year at the best of times, so this year is going to be a challenge tbh. I shouldn't grumble really, my job is safe and I can keep working at home no problem, but I'm already feeling pretty miserable.

The lack of opportunity to easily get out and exercise is a real kicker as over the Summer my mental and physical health was definitely helped by 2 or 3 bike rides a week.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

This lockdown is going to be a struggle on 16:12 - Nov 2 with 2529 viewsRobTheMonk

I'll miss the 5 a side football on a Wednesday night. At 33 I've been playing the best football I've ever played and in the most enjoyable team I've ever played in.

Workwise, not much will change for me or Madge as we both work in the educational sector.

A bonus, if you will, of lockdown was we saved loads of money which allowed us to knock a couple of years off our mortgage.

Socially it will suck though.
This lockdown is going to be a struggle on 16:14 - Nov 2 with 2523 viewsStokieBlue

It's not nice but it's still fairly tame compared to what Australia have done to get rid of the virus and unfortunately it's required unless people want to just let the upward curve continue. The worst thing is I fear it won't even be long enough or strict enough which is the real worry.

I agree it's not going to be great though. I also suspect schools and nurseries might still shut but lets wait and see.

SB
[Post edited 2 Nov 2020 16:16]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Cold be worse mate..... on 16:14 - Nov 2 with 2522 viewsTractorWood

Cold be worse mate..... on 16:01 - Nov 2 by Bloots

I've got 4 weeks of cleaning up sh*t and p*ss whilst trying to stop her chewing every item of furniture/clothing/footwear in the house.

She also is having the time of her life attacking my achilles/arm/nose at every opportunity.

I'm such a knobhead.

I've noticed this a lot. People getting dogs and then moaning about how painful they are.

I go out trail running around Suffolk and I reckon I get chased by a poorly behaved dog every other run. The owners always assume everyone loves dogs......

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

This lockdown is going to be a struggle on 16:16 - Nov 2 with 2493 viewsSteve_M

Yes, the next few weeks don't look like much fun at all. At least it's bright today so there's a good amount of light but wet, cloudy days will be crap. Getting out for a walk before work has been a boon this Summer with the weather and I've really missed it when it's been wet and I haven't been able to. I'll still try and get out at lunchtime but that is heavily work dependent.

I don't know when I can expect to see anyone socially again now, following the latest restrictions leaves me pretty much isolated for the next few weeks (and it won't just be a month). Still, I went to the local bookshop yesterday and stocked up and there is another Adnams order on the way and I'm at least mainly enjoying watching football (even with the frustrations of iPlayer).

Should all be ideal for getting that dissertation done though. When's it due?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Cold be worse mate..... on 16:17 - Nov 2 with 2481 viewsEwan_Oozami

I'm such a knobhead.

Yep, we've got a new puppy too - you have my profound sympathies - ours is a yellow Lab called Maggie, what have you got then, apart from holey socks and chewed up trainers....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Login to get fewer ads

Cold be worse mate..... on 16:18 - Nov 2 with 2478 viewsjeera

Cold be worse mate..... on 16:14 - Nov 2 by TractorWood

I've noticed this a lot. People getting dogs and then moaning about how painful they are.

I go out trail running around Suffolk and I reckon I get chased by a poorly behaved dog every other run. The owners always assume everyone loves dogs......

Dogs are fantastic.

A number of owners on the other hand...

*discounting bloots there as, despite being a self-professed knobhead, I'm sure will be a great owner.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

This lockdown is going to be a struggle on 16:19 - Nov 2 with 2459 viewsusm

Go running - good for you physically and mentally

Download Strava on your phone so you can track your progress

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

This lockdown is going to be a struggle on 16:20 - Nov 2 with 2455 viewsJ2BLUE

It's going to be much easier than the first one IMO.

We still have football, NFL, the masters etc.

Get a kindle unlimited subscription and pick a few boxsets out.

Also, mentally, this feels like a big step back to normality. At least that's how i'm looking at it. We were clueless the first time around. this time we're going into it knowing that when we come out of it (likely later than currently planned IMO) we'll be heading for the new year. Then it's approaching spring with a potential vaccine and new treatments. This feels like a dark but necessary period for the greater good.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

This lockdown is going to be a struggle on 16:23 - Nov 2 with 2433 viewsDubtractor

This lockdown is going to be a struggle on 16:20 - Nov 2 by J2BLUE

It's going to be much easier than the first one IMO.

We still have football, NFL, the masters etc.

Get a kindle unlimited subscription and pick a few boxsets out.

Also, mentally, this feels like a big step back to normality. At least that's how i'm looking at it. We were clueless the first time around. this time we're going into it knowing that when we come out of it (likely later than currently planned IMO) we'll be heading for the new year. Then it's approaching spring with a potential vaccine and new treatments. This feels like a dark but necessary period for the greater good.

"It's going to be much easier than the first one IMO."

I honestly couldn't disagree more! As someone who loves being outside, whether gardening or enjoying nature, having loads of free time over Spring/Summer was no hardship at all.

This is going to be crapola.

edit: you are obviously allowed to have a different view!
[Post edited 2 Nov 2020 16:27]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

This lockdown is going to be a struggle on 16:27 - Nov 2 with 2398 viewsJ2BLUE

This lockdown is going to be a struggle on 16:23 - Nov 2 by Dubtractor

"It's going to be much easier than the first one IMO."

I honestly couldn't disagree more! As someone who loves being outside, whether gardening or enjoying nature, having loads of free time over Spring/Summer was no hardship at all.

This is going to be crapola.

edit: you are obviously allowed to have a different view!
[Post edited 2 Nov 2020 16:27]

I love this time of year weather wise to be fair. Could happily sit outside under cover and watch it pissing down with rain for hours.

Truly impaired.

This lockdown is going to be a struggle on 16:27 - Nov 2 with 2391 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

This lockdown is going to be a struggle on 16:12 - Nov 2 by RobTheMonk

I'll miss the 5 a side football on a Wednesday night. At 33 I've been playing the best football I've ever played and in the most enjoyable team I've ever played in.

Workwise, not much will change for me or Madge as we both work in the educational sector.

A bonus, if you will, of lockdown was we saved loads of money which allowed us to knock a couple of years off our mortgage.

Socially it will suck though.

Ditto on the saving front, in fact me and the wife worked out last night that we’ve saved about £9k since the start of March thanks to not having to fork out nursery bills plus a reduction in normal spend (no major holiday inparticular)

We’re in the process of moving home and that cash should cover the various fees, and a decent start towards some of the new furniture and work we’re looking to do

Thinking about the positive side is definitely a huge help in dealing with the return of restrictions - but I appreciate that not everyone has been so fortunate and/or may have other reasons to be dreading the next month

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

This lockdown is going to be a struggle on 16:29 - Nov 2 with 2386 viewsKieran_Knows

I'm lucky in the sense that my job is stable, so I have no worries there. Me and the missus have had some relatively good news the last few weeks on some personal issues and just last weekend we had an offer accepted on what will hopefully be our last house. Relatively short chain which will hopefully see us move in the New Year, depending on how this month goes I suppose!

The bad thing is exercise. The first lock down I put on quite a bit of weight just through eating most days and drinking a lot in the evenings as nothing else to do and waking with a headache to only have to move to the living room to work from home wasn't so bad. I have since lost all the weight (and more) due to getting back in to squash and five a side once a week. Managed to get down to under 13 stone, which I haven't been in years. That said, I will still be travelling to work this time down in Marks Tey, so should hopefully carry on the healthy eating with a run/walk in the evening which will help keep the weight off!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Cold be worse mate..... on 16:31 - Nov 2 with 2362 viewsBloomBlue

I'm such a knobhead.

Maybe start a competition to name it and the winner gets to look after it for a few weeks?
This lockdown is going to be a struggle on 16:34 - Nov 2 with 2338 viewshomer_123

Think of it this way Joe.

It's times like these that enable us to appreciate the good times and even more so than normal.

It's sh*t but it is what it is, sadly.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

It's only painful when she bites me.... on 16:35 - Nov 2 with 2334 viewsBloots

Cold be worse mate..... on 16:14 - Nov 2 by TractorWood

.....it's all part of the responsibility.

Dogs are great, particularly well trained and happy ones.

Personally I think that anyone who doesn't like dogs is missing a small piece of joy from their being.

So up yours.

This lockdown is going to be a struggle on 16:35 - Nov 2 with 2334 viewsRozz

This lockdown is going to be a struggle on 16:14 - Nov 2 by StokieBlue

It's not nice but it's still fairly tame compared to what Australia have done to get rid of the virus and unfortunately it's required unless people want to just let the upward curve continue. The worst thing is I fear it won't even be long enough or strict enough which is the real worry.

I agree it's not going to be great though. I also suspect schools and nurseries might still shut but lets wait and see.

SB

I'm in the 'not long or strict enough' category myself. My employer (very) recently moved our office from London to Peterborough to save cash, and is interpreting the rules as perfectly fine to travel for work, insisting we commute 3days/week. We are by no means 'essential' work, and 90% of our role can be done from home. It seems our health and the national effort aren't worth the 10% slowdown. It's left me a bit bemused.
A fawn and white whippet..... on 16:36 - Nov 2 with 2319 viewsBloots

Cold be worse mate..... on 16:17 - Nov 2 by Ewan_Oozami

Yep, we've got a new puppy too - you have my profound sympathies - ours is a yellow Lab called Maggie, what have you got then, apart from holey socks and chewed up trainers....

....called Lola.

She farts a lot too.

A fawn and white whippet..... on 16:37 - Nov 2 with 2310 viewsJ2BLUE

A fawn and white whippet..... on 16:36 - Nov 2 by Bloots

....called Lola.

She farts a lot too.

Can't help but feel it was a missed opportunity not to call her Gwion.

Truly impaired.

This lockdown is going to be a struggle on 16:38 - Nov 2 with 2314 viewsMullet

I'm starting to think I'll miss the birth of my 2nd which is due early December. Been preparing for it for a while now, but had been willing things to pick up and instead they've gone south.

Can't see I'll be allowed to bring the 3 year old in with me, and no family live up here etc.

I've had no training let alone sparring so am massively unfit compared to my usual levels so I think even when this is over, it'll be a painful transition.

We'd just booked a load of home improvement stuff and I have no idea if that can go ahead now either, but these seem like fairly first world problems. At least it'll mean spreading the outlay over a few more pay days hopefully.

At least I should be over the worst of being ill soon enough so I can get on with something. Took me about 5hrs to do 2hrs worth of work today so I guess I can at least use the time to plan stuff.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Interestingly I have started.... on 16:41 - Nov 2 with 2297 viewsBloots

A fawn and white whippet..... on 16:37 - Nov 2 by J2BLUE

Can't help but feel it was a missed opportunity not to call her Gwion.

....a bit of "ball work" with her.

She legs it after the ball, but when she gets it she doesn't really do anything with it.

This is true.

A fawn and white whippet..... on 16:45 - Nov 2 with 2264 viewsEwan_Oozami

....called Lola.

She farts a lot too.

Blimey! She'll definitely keep you busy then!

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

A fawn and white whippet..... on 19:42 - Nov 2 with 2045 viewsPinewoodblue

....called Lola.

She farts a lot too.

Lola... guess she is a bit Kinky.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024