Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I thought the no fans in stadiums situation. 12:27 - Nov 8 with 849 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

Would help are players play with a little more freedom and confidence. The pressure from the stands is off them, so it can only be the manager, his tactics and words of wisdom which is holding them back. Thought with no fans shouting and moaning at every touch would be to our advantage, but alas not.
I thought the no fans in stadiums situation. on 12:30 - Nov 8 with 832 viewspointofblue

I think it is helping to an extent - can you imagine the atmosphere after the first halves against Accrington and Rochdale?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I thought the no fans in stadiums situation. on 12:34 - Nov 8 with 818 viewsTractorWood

I think it's helping. The problem yesterday was being on top for large spells and not really creating a great deal. I think we were unlucky not to get a penalty. Bad day at the office but I think being out of the FA cup is a good thing on balance.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

I thought the no fans in stadiums situation. on 12:41 - Nov 8 with 793 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

I thought the no fans in stadiums situation. on 12:34 - Nov 8 by TractorWood

I think it's helping. The problem yesterday was being on top for large spells and not really creating a great deal. I think we were unlucky not to get a penalty. Bad day at the office but I think being out of the FA cup is a good thing on balance.

I appreciate that Portsmouth are no mugs and played a strong X1, but a cup run would have been nice and good for moral and confidence. Those that played for us yesterday will be feeling flat now, so no good for us going forward. I never understand the mentality that a loss is not a bad thing. A win yesterday would have set us up nicely for upcoming fixtures and for those that probably won't be involved in league games.
I thought the no fans in stadiums situation. on 12:47 - Nov 8 with 773 viewsFtnfwest

Well it’s helping the opposition ones!
I thought the no fans in stadiums situation. on 12:48 - Nov 8 with 771 viewsTractorWood

I thought the no fans in stadiums situation. on 12:41 - Nov 8 by IpswichBoyBlue

I appreciate that Portsmouth are no mugs and played a strong X1, but a cup run would have been nice and good for moral and confidence. Those that played for us yesterday will be feeling flat now, so no good for us going forward. I never understand the mentality that a loss is not a bad thing. A win yesterday would have set us up nicely for upcoming fixtures and for those that probably won't be involved in league games.

One FA cup win in 10 years makes me a think a cup run is not something particularly likely. I see no point in participating in the FA cup. The league is irrefutably our priority.

I thought the no fans in stadiums situation. on 13:02 - Nov 8 with 752 viewspointofblue

I thought the no fans in stadiums situation. on 12:48 - Nov 8 by TractorWood

One FA cup win in 10 years makes me a think a cup run is not something particularly likely. I see no point in participating in the FA cup. The league is irrefutably our priority.

Shame we’ve failed in the league for so long, really!

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I thought the no fans in stadiums situation. on 15:11 - Nov 8 with 667 viewsIpswichBoyBlue

I thought the no fans in stadiums situation. on 12:48 - Nov 8 by TractorWood

In those "10 years" we have been utterly useless in the league, so I stand by what I said. A cup run would be good for moral and confidence. The last "10 years" would prove that.
I thought the no fans in stadiums situation. on 15:30 - Nov 8 with 654 viewspatrickswell

I thought the no fans in stadiums situation. on 12:41 - Nov 8 by IpswichBoyBlue

I worry more about the effect on morale and confidence that this slew of poor, game-changing decisions by officials is having especially given that the calls are being made in games against rivals. Unless we can get ourselves 3 goals ahead in quick time, we’re just waiting for the opposition’s 12th man to shaft us.
Login to get fewer ads

I thought the no fans in stadiums situation. on 17:00 - Nov 8 with 618 viewsFixed_It

I thought the no fans in stadiums situation. on 12:34 - Nov 8 by TractorWood

You do wonder whether some of the decisions might have been different with a voiciferous crowd there putting pressure on the match officials.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

I thought the no fans in stadiums situation. on 17:48 - Nov 8 with 571 viewsbrogansnose

I thought the no fans in stadiums situation. on 17:00 - Nov 8 by Fixed_It

You do wonder whether some of the decisions might have been different with a voiciferous crowd there putting pressure on the match officials.

Hmm, I take your point but it never seemed to bother Keith Stroud. I thought the standard of reffing at Championship level wasn't good but at this level, bloomin' heck.
I thought the no fans in stadiums situation. on 19:03 - Nov 8 with 541 viewsTractorWood

I thought the no fans in stadiums situation. on 17:48 - Nov 8 by brogansnose

Hmm, I take your point but it never seemed to bother Keith Stroud. I thought the standard of reffing at Championship level wasn't good but at this level, bloomin' heck.

I thought the ref didn't have a whistle in the second half. Just let everything go. To me, reffing incompetence can come in a few different ways:

1. Picky - doesn't let play flow. E.g. the ball has to go back 2 feet feet for a foul 70 yards from goal
2. The magician - misses basically everything but somehow the game doesn't hinge on a decision so they get away with a decent number of poor decisions like yesterday
3. The attention seeker - can turn even the dullest 0-0 on its head with a red card, 90th minute ghost penalty or seeing a last man slip as a foul. Basically ruins the game with their utter lack of competence at a key time

I thought the no fans in stadiums situation. on 19:09 - Nov 8 with 541 viewsTrequartista

We've won 5 out of 5 with none conceded at home. All other home games have been where the manager is not bothered about winning.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024