Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In these modern time’s do we really apostrophes anymore? 06:57 - Nov 26 with 912 viewsKeno

Just asking for a friend

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

In these modern time’s do we really apostrophes anymore? on 06:58 - Nov 26 with 725 viewswkj

Leave Footers' grandma alone, she doesn't even like kitten's

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

In these modern time’s do we really apostrophes anymore? on 07:55 - Nov 26 with 666 viewsPlums

Yes. As someone with an Irish surname, whilst it didn’t used to bother me, as I’ve got older, I’ve become increasingly frustrated by the inability of databases to accept apostrophes. I can’t even renew my driving licence online due to this. The apostrophe should be celebrated, not diminished.
Anyway, those are my opinion’s.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

In these modern time’s do we really apostrophes anymore? on 08:31 - Nov 26 with 651 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

In these modern time’s do we really apostrophes anymore? on 08:41 - Nov 26 with 639 viewsMeadowlark

Ye's
In these modern time’s do we really apostrophes anymore? on 08:43 - Nov 26 with 638 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

The word 'need' is over rated too!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

In these modern time’s do we really apostrophes anymore? on 09:05 - Nov 26 with 611 viewsKeno

In these modern time’s do we really apostrophes anymore? on 08:43 - Nov 26 by BanksterDebtSlave

The word 'need' is over rated too!

couldn't decide between need and want so left it upon to the readers to fill in the gap

In these modern time’s do we really apostrophes anymore? on 10:11 - Nov 26 with 586 viewsfactual_blue

In these modern time’s do we really apostrophes anymore? on 09:05 - Nov 26 by Keno

couldn't decide between need and want so left it upon to the readers to fill in the gap

Too many people confuse their 'wants' with their 'needs'. Particularly when in olden times people would post on here that they 'needed' a ticket for the match.

No, you 'want' a ticket for the match.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

In these modern time’s do we really apostrophes anymore? on 10:19 - Nov 26 with 569 viewsblueislander

In these modern time’s do we really apostrophes anymore? on 10:11 - Nov 26 by factual_blue

Too many people confuse their 'wants' with their 'needs'. Particularly when in olden times people would post on here that they 'needed' a ticket for the match.

No, you 'want' a ticket for the match.

Does Keno want or need Penny?
Login to get fewer ads

In these modern time’s do we really apostrophes anymore? on 10:30 - Nov 26 with 556 viewsGeoffSentence

Apostrophes are brilliant, they can make ordinary words look exotic. The m'ore the better.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

In these modern time’s do we really apostrophes anymore? on 10:32 - Nov 26 with 554 viewsfooters

I hate most, if not all, of you.

I'll lay off the rum today.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

In these modern time’s do we really apostrophes anymore? on 10:37 - Nov 26 with 536 viewsKeno

In these modern time’s do we really apostrophes anymore? on 10:32 - Nov 26 by footers

I hate most, if not all, of you.

I'll lay off the rum today.

In these modern time’s do we really apostrophes anymore? on 10:41 - Nov 26 with 527 viewsfooters

In these modern time’s do we really apostrophes anymore? on 10:37 - Nov 26 by Keno

Cheer's, Kenneth. Lets hope we s'ack Lambert after the los's thi's weekend and appoint the Cowley's.

(Joke. I don't rate the Cowleys' football)

In these modern time’s do we really apostrophes anymore? on 10:43 - Nov 26 with 522 viewswkj

In these modern time’s do we really apostrophes anymore? on 10:41 - Nov 26 by footers

Cheer's, Kenneth. Lets hope we s'ack Lambert after the los's thi's weekend and appoint the Cowley's.

More rum please, then show is the real reason they call you Footers

Crybaby

In these modern time’s do we really apostrophes anymore? on 10:45 - Nov 26 with 518 viewsfooters

In these modern time’s do we really apostrophes anymore? on 10:43 - Nov 26 by wkj

More rum please, then show is the real reason they call you Footers

P.S. I hope you are well, what with all your busy goings on and involvement with the SNP. Sending hugs.

In these modern time’s do we really apostrophes anymore? on 10:47 - Nov 26 with 517 viewsNthQldITFC

It's when they creep into players' names - I've seen Edward's and Bennett's recently - that I think enough is enough, he's got to go.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

In these modern time’s do we really apostrophes anymore? on 10:47 - Nov 26 with 516 viewswkj

In these modern time’s do we really apostrophes anymore? on 10:45 - Nov 26 by footers

P.S. I hope you are well, what with all your busy goings on and involvement with the SNP. Sending hugs.

Norfolk is one step closer to our goals Footers. We've agreed to move Norwich and Kings Lynn within the city limits of Burnley and should be ready to fk' off to Shetland within the next 5 months.

Crybaby

In these modern time’s do we really apostrophes anymore? on 10:52 - Nov 26 with 509 viewsKeno

In these modern time’s do we really apostrophes anymore? on 10:41 - Nov 26 by footers

you are welcome

A tru story about me and apostrophes or should that be apostrophe's

I missed the lessons in English when I should have been taught what they were and when to use them as I was having rehearsals for the school play of Macbeth

I was witch number 2

In these modern time’s do we really apostrophes anymore? on 10:54 - Nov 26 with 506 viewsfactual_blue

In these modern time’s do we really apostrophes anymore? on 10:19 - Nov 26 by blueislander

Does Keno want or need Penny?

He wants Penny. She needs to escape.

In these modern time’s do we really apostrophes anymore? on 12:18 - Nov 26 with 485 viewsfactual_blue

In these modern time’s do we really apostrophes anymore? on 10:47 - Nov 26 by NthQldITFC

It's when they creep into players' names - I've seen Edward's and Bennett's recently - that I think enough is enough, he's got to go.

Stéphane Guivarc'h

In these modern time’s do we really apostrophes anymore? on 16:49 - Nov 26 with 443 viewssolemio

I love your correct use of the apostrophe in your final bracketed sentence.
In these modern time’s do we really apostrophes anymore? on 17:01 - Nov 26 with 433 viewsfooters

In these modern time’s do we really apostrophes anymore? on 16:49 - Nov 26 by solemio

I love your correct use of the apostrophe in your final bracketed sentence.

It's difficult to hold it in.

This thread was inspired by my rum-fuelled outburst about their correct use yesterday.

Hence my annoyance.

In these modern time’s do we really apostrophes anymore? on 17:10 - Nov 26 with 427 viewssolemio

In these modern time’s do we really apostrophes anymore? on 17:01 - Nov 26 by footers

It's difficult to hold it in.

This thread was inspired by my rum-fuelled outburst about their correct use yesterday.

Hence my annoyance.

If you use apostrophes correctly you'll never become a greengrocer, footers.
In these modern time’s do we really apostrophes anymore? on 17:12 - Nov 26 with 424 viewsfooters

In these modern time’s do we really apostrophes anymore? on 17:10 - Nov 26 by solemio

If you use apostrophes correctly you'll never become a greengrocer, footers.

I have enough vegetable's to deal with in my day job as it is.

In these modern time’s do we really apostrophes anymore? on 17:13 - Nov 26 with 423 viewshoppy

In these modern time’s do we really apostrophes anymore? on 17:12 - Nov 26 by footers

I have enough vegetable's to deal with in my day job as it is.

That aside, more importantly.... Have you touched it yet?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

In these modern time’s do we really apostrophes anymore? on 17:14 - Nov 26 with 421 viewsfooters

In these modern time’s do we really apostrophes anymore? on 17:13 - Nov 26 by hoppy

That aside, more importantly.... Have you touched it yet?

No.

And I don't think I ever will now.

Oh well, hoppy. At least you remembered. I'm trying to forget.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024