Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I see Mats Hummels has just described Ipswich rather well. 11:59 - Dec 14 with 1067 viewshomer_123

The 31-year-old tried to point out that Dortmund often keep the ball at the back for too long and don't know how to advance up the field. This is an invitation to opponents to pressure them and force them into errors.

Yep, that's Lambert's beloved Dortmund.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I see Mats Hummels has just described Ipswich rather well. on 12:16 - Dec 14 with 945 viewsclive_baker

Very true of Ipswich. We do ourselves no favours at all in inviting so much of the game to be played in our third. Being a decent tightrope walker 90% of the time probably isn't sustainable.

It's all very well having the ball, but we also need to play the percentages and have some purposeful possession. It frustrates me how much overthinking seemingly takes place with regards to our system and approach. The standard in L1 is bang average and we really shouldn't be making such hard work of it.

Was it Shankley who said "Football is a simple game made complicated by people who should know better". He was spot on.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

I see Mats Hummels has just described Ipswich rather well. on 12:28 - Dec 14 with 877 viewsPlums

I see Mats Hummels has just described Ipswich rather well. on 12:16 - Dec 14 by clive_baker

Very true of Ipswich. We do ourselves no favours at all in inviting so much of the game to be played in our third. Being a decent tightrope walker 90% of the time probably isn't sustainable.

It's all very well having the ball, but we also need to play the percentages and have some purposeful possession. It frustrates me how much overthinking seemingly takes place with regards to our system and approach. The standard in L1 is bang average and we really shouldn't be making such hard work of it.

Was it Shankley who said "Football is a simple game made complicated by people who should know better". He was spot on.

I believe Cruyff also said ‘football is a simple game, the hardest thing is to play it simply’. The answer lies somewhere in the middle of those two.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024