Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is there genuinely any chance of Lambert going in the near future? 22:47 - Jan 9 with 1505 viewsSimonds92

Or are we stuck with him until the end of the season regardless?
Is there genuinely any chance of Lambert going in the near future? on 23:03 - Jan 9 with 1441 viewsEireannach_gorm

No and yes.
I think the problem we’ve got.... on 23:28 - Jan 9 with 1390 viewsunstableblue

... is that quite valid excuses remain, rusty after long break, Covid break out, massive injury list with the majority of key flair players out.

Even today Marcus could rightly see the lift Downes and Norwood made to the game/team... without the worldie we may have driven to a win.

I think if we’re still losing haven’t had a run of games with Downes, Norwood and either Edwards/bishop in the team, and sharper through playing.. there’s no where to hide.

As mick mills brilliantly put it today..ll Lambert had no more credit in the bank because of last season.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Is there genuinely any chance of Lambert going in the near future? on 23:29 - Jan 9 with 1382 viewsMattinLondon

He won’t be sacked, he won’t quit. It’s an utter shambles.
I think the problem we’ve got.... on 23:37 - Jan 9 with 1350 viewsHerbivore

I think the problem we’ve got.... on 23:28 - Jan 9 by unstableblue

... is that quite valid excuses remain, rusty after long break, Covid break out, massive injury list with the majority of key flair players out.

Even today Marcus could rightly see the lift Downes and Norwood made to the game/team... without the worldie we may have driven to a win.

I think if we’re still losing haven’t had a run of games with Downes, Norwood and either Edwards/bishop in the team, and sharper through playing.. there’s no where to hide.

As mick mills brilliantly put it today..ll Lambert had no more credit in the bank because of last season.

We lost plenty of games with Norwood and Downes playing last season. What more does ME need to see?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Is there genuinely any chance of Lambert going in the near future? on 23:41 - Jan 9 with 1325 viewsrgp1

I don't see any chance whilst we are still well in touch with the top of the table. However with 27 games coming up in the next 4 months I think we might find out sooner rather than later with 2 games a week for the next 8 weeks.

I don't have issue with the likes of cook or the cowley boys but consider one thing that if they are that good why are they currently not in employment?
Is there genuinely any chance of Lambert going in the near future? on 01:18 - Jan 10 with 1140 viewsMrTown

Stuck with him for the season, possibly even longer due to contract length.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

I think the problem we’ve got.... on 01:20 - Jan 10 with 1134 viewsMrTown

I think the problem we’ve got.... on 23:28 - Jan 9 by unstableblue

There are no excuses for current performance levels.

Accrington Stanley last night also after 3 weeks off went to Charlton and won 2-0 in a really good performance.

Paul Cook spoke on Accrington Stanley last night saying they are a ‘really well coached side’, did he say that about us?

Forget quality of player, we simply are not coached in the basics.

A circus act.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2021 1:30]

I think the problem we’ve got.... on 01:29 - Jan 10 with 1116 viewsunstableblue

I think the problem we’ve got.... on 23:37 - Jan 9 by Herbivore

We lost plenty of games with Norwood and Downes playing last season. What more does ME need to see?

I agree

As Mick Mills put it, if the awful recent form could be justified with the factors i describe, but also requires some credit in the bank from previous Lambert progression... there is none there now

Login to get fewer ads

I think the problem we’ve got.... on 01:32 - Jan 10 with 1104 viewsunstableblue

I think the problem we’ve got.... on 01:20 - Jan 10 by MrTown

There are no excuses for current performance levels.

Accrington Stanley last night also after 3 weeks off went to Charlton and won 2-0 in a really good performance.

Paul Cook spoke on Accrington Stanley last night saying they are a ‘really well coached side’, did he say that about us?

Forget quality of player, we simply are not coached in the basics.

A circus act.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2021 1:30]

I agree, performance levels are down to players and managers, he’s clearly not motivating and guiding them effective

Funnily Paul Cook was massively justifying our below par performance in his punditry, rustiness and injury, and felt we ‘ll still pull it around as evidenced by the lift Downes and Norwood gave

He’s so much more personable than lambert

Is there genuinely any chance of Lambert going in the near future? on 10:25 - Jan 10 with 795 viewsArnieM

Is there genuinely any chance of Lambert going in the near future? on 01:18 - Jan 10 by MrTown

Stuck with him for the season, possibly even longer due to contract length.

I do think this myth that Evans can’t sack Lambert because he has “ a five year contract “, is just that, a myth.

If people seriously believe Evans ( a very astute businessman) would tie himself down to a 5 year contract which he couldn’t get out of, or that had no clauses written into it then people vastly underestimate this multimillionaire businessman. But to be acted upon, these clauses have to be triggered. I’d suspect that event is not far off.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Is there genuinely any chance of Lambert going in the near future? on 10:38 - Jan 10 with 749 viewsMrTown

Is there genuinely any chance of Lambert going in the near future? on 10:25 - Jan 10 by ArnieM

I do think this myth that Evans can’t sack Lambert because he has “ a five year contract “, is just that, a myth.

If people seriously believe Evans ( a very astute businessman) would tie himself down to a 5 year contract which he couldn’t get out of, or that had no clauses written into it then people vastly underestimate this multimillionaire businessman. But to be acted upon, these clauses have to be triggered. I’d suspect that event is not far off.

Of course he can pay Lambert up, not his full contract, but apparently it still won’t be cheap.

And Evans likes cheap, not a chance Lambert will be paid up anytime soon, not a chance.

Is there genuinely any chance of Lambert going in the near future? on 10:48 - Jan 10 with 720 viewsHackneyblueboy

Is there genuinely any chance of Lambert going in the near future? on 10:38 - Jan 10 by MrTown

Of course he can pay Lambert up, not his full contract, but apparently it still won’t be cheap.

And Evans likes cheap, not a chance Lambert will be paid up anytime soon, not a chance.

I suspect any clauses are reliant on us missing certain goals such as promotion or making play offs etc and unfortunately until those become mathematically impossible he stays.

I suspect he will get sacked in mid April when we are mid table which of course will mean the new manager wont have time to recitfy anything.

The best we can hope for is someone new in for next season in League 1 I'm afraid.
Is there genuinely any chance of Lambert going in the near future? on 10:54 - Jan 10 with 702 viewsitfcjoe

Who knows, but the excuses will get leaned into heavier and heavier - and i't sgoing to be too late before we make a change if that is the case.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024