Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Unsurprising Covid news - one the Brazilian variants has found its way to the UK 11:26 - Jan 15 with 346 viewshomer_123

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55676637

Contrary to Grant Shapps comment this morning:

"But Prof Wendy Barclay, who is heading up the G2P-UK National Virology Consortium, a newly launched project to study the effects of emerging coronavirus mutations, said one Brazilian variant of coronavirus had been detected in the UK.

"There are two different types of Brazilian variants and one of them has been detected and one of them has not."

It was "probably introduced some time ago", she added.

"And that will be being traced very carefully"."

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Unsurprising Covid news - one the Brazilian variants has found its way to the UK on 11:33 - Jan 15 with 306 viewsGeoffSentence

I bet it's not as good as our own world-beating strain.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Unsurprising Covid news - one the Brazilian variants has found its way to the UK on 11:40 - Jan 15 with 305 viewsPendejo

As a side issue

A newly arrived Bolivian family has been referred to us for aid, just before Christmas a group of Bolivians turned up looking for aid.

Having lived in Latin America I understand why folks think the streets of London are paved with gold, relatively speaking they are (were?), But given global pandemic restrictions have been in p!ace for almost a year now... How / why still able to just turn up in foreign country many thousands of miles away?

I know many used to enter UK by coach from Belfast having flown into Dublin, then travelled up, and maybe these folks came before 1at Jan.

In covid world this could be how transmission is enabled.

Also this newly arrived family are from a higher class than usual, you can tell - little or no manners towards others, certainly please / thank you appear to be missing from their vocabulary. An air of having someone do that for them... think the latest arrivals may struggle...

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Unsurprising Covid news - one the Brazilian variants has found its way to the UK on 12:40 - Jan 15 with 257 viewsNthQldITFC

Why is the BBC covering stories of people whinging about not being able to get the UK after going to spend Christmas with their families in Brazil or Portugal?

(Rhetorical question)

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024