Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I can’t be the only one who thinks we play better without the loanees..... 11:28 - Feb 24 with 1052 viewsBluebell

Yesterday evening the two players who were weakest links were Bennetts and Parrot.

We need to stick to our own players and bring back Jackson and Nolan from the under 23s. I’m not sure if we are contracted to use the loan players in a certain amount of games but to my mind they are a complete waste of money.

I know we have a lot of games coming up but, barring injuries, we should just use the loanees off the bench!

Got that off my chest!
I can’t be the only one who thinks we play better without the loanees..... on 11:34 - Feb 24 with 1002 viewsGarv

Wow really? Parrot was one of our best players last night and Bennets was involved quite a lot too apart from a spell during the second half.

If you're talking about finishing then yes, both were incredibly wasteful. But Norwood's wasteful too, he just gets so many chances that he's more likely to score one.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

I can’t be the only one who thinks we play better without the loanees..... on 11:38 - Feb 24 with 968 viewsVaughan8

Is this not a bit premature? and is it based on 2 games?

From what people have said, we seem to have changed style and formation the last few games which some players (noticably Nsiala and Wilson) have benefited. ALso Norwood has been back the last 2 games.

I just think its a bit early to say "don't play the loans". Bar McGuinness, have we had any regular loans in the team (maybe i'm missing someone?). Hence through our bad patch(es), we have been using our own players?

If the loans are better than what we have, use them. If not then yes don't. However I don't think anyone has seen enough of the new loans to really make a judgement yet.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2021 11:39]
I can’t be the only one who thinks we play better without the loanees..... on 11:50 - Feb 24 with 926 viewsBeckets

I dislike the loan system apart from using it prior to a permanent buy such as we did under Burley with Magilton and Clapham. I always think the number of loanees in a squad is a good reflection of the incompetence of the management/coaching team.....hence why we now have 6!
I can’t be the only one who thinks we play better without the loanees..... on 11:52 - Feb 24 with 914 viewsKeno

Hey BB!!!

How are you, and your chest?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

I can’t be the only one who thinks we play better without the loanees..... on 12:13 - Feb 24 with 880 viewsBluebell

I can’t be the only one who thinks we play better without the loanees..... on 11:52 - Feb 24 by Keno

Hey BB!!!

How are you, and your chest?

I’m good thanks Keno and now that is off my chest it is much better thanks.

How are things with you down south? Very windy here in the midlands today.
I can’t be the only one who thinks we play better without the loanees..... on 12:15 - Feb 24 with 861 viewsKeno

I can’t be the only one who thinks we play better without the loanees..... on 12:13 - Feb 24 by Bluebell

I’m good thanks Keno and now that is off my chest it is much better thanks.

How are things with you down south? Very windy here in the midlands today.

I agree about the loanees by the way.

Not to bad down here, nice beach walk with the dogs first thing to start the day

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

I can’t be the only one who thinks we play better without the loanees..... on 12:17 - Feb 24 with 851 viewsSouthBucksBlue

I can’t be the only one who thinks we play better without the loanees..... on 11:50 - Feb 24 by Beckets

I dislike the loan system apart from using it prior to a permanent buy such as we did under Burley with Magilton and Clapham. I always think the number of loanees in a squad is a good reflection of the incompetence of the management/coaching team.....hence why we now have 6!

Not to forget Reuser.
I can’t be the only one who thinks we play better without the loanees..... on 12:19 - Feb 24 with 843 viewsBluebell

I can’t be the only one who thinks we play better without the loanees..... on 11:38 - Feb 24 by Vaughan8

Is this not a bit premature? and is it based on 2 games?

From what people have said, we seem to have changed style and formation the last few games which some players (noticably Nsiala and Wilson) have benefited. ALso Norwood has been back the last 2 games.

I just think its a bit early to say "don't play the loans". Bar McGuinness, have we had any regular loans in the team (maybe i'm missing someone?). Hence through our bad patch(es), we have been using our own players?

If the loans are better than what we have, use them. If not then yes don't. However I don't think anyone has seen enough of the new loans to really make a judgement yet.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2021 11:39]

2 games? Parrott has played in 5 and Bennets has obviously come back from injury.

Harrop and Thomas haven’t exactly excelled either. The only one I feel is helping the team is McGuiness.
Login to get fewer ads

I can’t be the only one who thinks we play better without the loanees..... on 12:23 - Feb 24 with 823 viewsBluebell

I can’t be the only one who thinks we play better without the loanees..... on 12:15 - Feb 24 by Keno

I agree about the loanees by the way.

Not to bad down here, nice beach walk with the dogs first thing to start the day

Dogs? Have you got more than one now?

How I wish we lived near a beach. I am so envious.
I can’t be the only one who thinks we play better without the loanees..... on 12:39 - Feb 24 with 735 viewsVaughan8

I can’t be the only one who thinks we play better without the loanees..... on 12:19 - Feb 24 by Bluebell

2 games? Parrott has played in 5 and Bennets has obviously come back from injury.

Harrop and Thomas haven’t exactly excelled either. The only one I feel is helping the team is McGuiness.

Is Parrott not an upgrade on Driran and Hawkins though?

Apart from him the others have played a handful of games? Your basing that on the fact the loan players are no good. I just don't get it.

In the early part of the season, when we lost 6 out of 7 games at home, did we not use our own players bar McGuinness?

I don't watch the games so I suppose my views aren't valid but, I can't believe you can tell if someone is very good after a couple of appereances. Matherson has kept 2 clean sheets in the games he's played in so is he no good?

I'm not having a go, I just think its a bit premature to be saying the loan players are no good.
I can’t be the only one who thinks we play better without the loanees..... on 12:41 - Feb 24 with 715 viewsbluefunk

I can’t be the only one who thinks we play better without the loanees..... on 12:19 - Feb 24 by Bluebell

I thought Parrot was one of the main reasons we played so well last night, he gave Hull a problem by playing off Norwood and whenever he got the ball he looked to be positive. Bennetts pace and desire to run at defenders also gave them a problem wide but both failed to make the most of excellent chances. We dont have any other players currently, owned or loaned, who do those jobs. Agree Harrop and Thomas have work to do to impres here though
I can’t be the only one who thinks we play better without the loanees..... on 12:41 - Feb 24 with 713 viewsDarth_Koont

Thought Parrott was good last night.

Bennetts less so but at least he tied up his defender as much as he tied up himself.

I love Parrott’s movement and willingness to go looking for the ball. With both him and Norwood doing that in central positions and looking to engage the CBs, we look much more threatening. We still balls up our attacks when we get to the attacking third too slowly and start trying to be clever – but with both of them up there it’s no longer our one and only plan. Now we can also hit them early and rattle the defence.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024