Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It’s all to cosy 07:00 - Mar 17 with 1858 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at the owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

It’s all to cosy on 07:05 - Mar 17 with 1813 viewschrismakin

"And sadly this culture of mediocrity also seems to also run across the whole club, including the Academy."

Don't forget some of these players also saw how supportive the supporters were when we got relegated, singing, dancing, clapping, staying after games making it out like the players were hero's despite getting relegated........ It's all rather odd.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

It’s all to cosy on 07:07 - Mar 17 with 1793 viewstextbackup

don't let the fans get off easily with that too.

we were drawing 1-1 with Norwich and 4/5 of us were singing, in the north stand lower, while the rest stood arms crossed, gormless, phones in hands.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

It’s all to cosy on 07:16 - Mar 17 with 1740 viewsgordon

Think it's been an interesting fact about our academy that we generally produce pretty good technical players, but don't tend to produce that many gritty, tough, streetwise players. The only ones in the recent past being Downes and Hyam, maybe Tommy Smith as well.
It’s all to cosy on 07:20 - Mar 17 with 1711 viewstextbackup

It’s all to cosy on 07:16 - Mar 17 by gordon

Think it's been an interesting fact about our academy that we generally produce pretty good technical players, but don't tend to produce that many gritty, tough, streetwise players. The only ones in the recent past being Downes and Hyam, maybe Tommy Smith as well.

and look at the abuse Hyam and smith got from own fans....

and we wonder why players absolutely melt when they play for us

It’s all to cosy on 07:21 - Mar 17 with 1698 viewschrismakin

It’s all to cosy on 07:20 - Mar 17 by textbackup

and look at the abuse Hyam and smith got from own fans....

and we wonder why players absolutely melt when they play for us

Abuse? Hyam was loved wasn't he?

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

It’s all to cosy on 07:22 - Mar 17 with 1690 viewstextbackup

It’s all to cosy on 07:21 - Mar 17 by chrismakin

Abuse? Hyam was loved wasn't he?

I sometimes read your posts and wonder if you are in this world, or in another.

no offence

It’s all to cosy on 07:23 - Mar 17 with 1685 viewschrismakin

It’s all to cosy on 07:22 - Mar 17 by textbackup

I sometimes read your posts and wonder if you are in this world, or in another.

no offence

lol, sorry, but I can't remember Hyam getting alot of hate, clearly i'm wrong, but that's a shame as I liked him.

It’s all to cosy on 07:25 - Mar 17 with 1671 viewsChurchman

I don’t disagree about the culture of mediocrity. It appears to be from the top down. Not sure about the academy tbh. They are working against the odds a bit. The better, bigger clubs can pick the players they want.

I never believed Evans was interested in Category One. If he had been, we’d never have ‘fallen just short’. He’d have made sure we were well over the line with an irrefutable case. His money, his choice but in real terms Klug and co are doing better than the club deserves.

As for the first team players, they are used to losing and are ok with it. No pressure, somebody else’s fault. Comfortable.
Login to get fewer ads

It’s all to cosy on 07:27 - Mar 17 with 1645 viewsHorseboy

Chopping and changing contributes to this, I'm going to get dropped and its then someone elses responsibility.

Pick a formation, and an 11 and stick with it for a while, make them take some ownership if this situation.
It’s all to cosy on 07:48 - Mar 17 with 1555 viewsBryanPlug

It’s all to cosy on 07:25 - Mar 17 by Churchman

I don’t disagree about the culture of mediocrity. It appears to be from the top down. Not sure about the academy tbh. They are working against the odds a bit. The better, bigger clubs can pick the players they want.

I never believed Evans was interested in Category One. If he had been, we’d never have ‘fallen just short’. He’d have made sure we were well over the line with an irrefutable case. His money, his choice but in real terms Klug and co are doing better than the club deserves.

As for the first team players, they are used to losing and are ok with it. No pressure, somebody else’s fault. Comfortable.

[content removed at owner's request]

It’s all to cosy on 07:51 - Mar 17 with 1528 viewschrismakin

It’s all to cosy on 07:48 - Mar 17 by BryanPlug

I think we should scrap it and follow the Brentford model

We've had the best players poached for years now, Norwich are getting some of the better younger locals now too, our catchment is getting smaller. Save the finances and use it on the first team

It’s all to cosy on 07:53 - Mar 17 with 1505 viewsBryanPlug

It’s all to cosy on 07:51 - Mar 17 by chrismakin

I think we should scrap it and follow the Brentford model

We've had the best players poached for years now, Norwich are getting some of the better younger locals now too, our catchment is getting smaller. Save the finances and use it on the first team

It’s all to cosy on 07:55 - Mar 17 with 1490 viewschrismakin

It’s all to cosy on 07:53 - Mar 17 by BryanPlug

How much do you reckon we would save if no academy

It’s all to cosy on 07:57 - Mar 17 with 1457 viewsBryanPlug

It’s all to cosy on 07:55 - Mar 17 by chrismakin

How much do you reckon we would save if no academy

It’s all to cosy on 07:59 - Mar 17 with 1441 viewschrismakin

It’s all to cosy on 07:57 - Mar 17 by BryanPlug

Covers a footballing CEO wages, DOF, etc etc

It’s all to cosy on 08:00 - Mar 17 with 1433 viewstextbackup

It’s all to cosy on 07:53 - Mar 17 by BryanPlug

don't you think that's just how kids these days are though.

very little in the way of character building, most stuck to their phones as opposed to properly taking the piss out of each other.

that's not just young football lads, that's across the board. mate of mine was saying the apprentices on sites just aren't fun, they are too worried how they look, and the slightest bit of pisstaking and they take it up with management that its bullying.

proper wetwipe generation has been created.

I remember being an apprentice and the older blokes putting my in the back of my van, driving themselves to the pub on a Friday afternoon, and left me in there for a laugh for an hour.

It’s all to cosy on 08:08 - Mar 17 with 1377 viewsGlasgowBlue

Roy Keane was saying this 12 years ago. There is a soft underbelly at the club.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

It’s all to cosy on 08:10 - Mar 17 with 1365 viewstextbackup

It’s all to cosy on 08:08 - Mar 17 by GlasgowBlue

Roy Keane was saying this 12 years ago. There is a soft underbelly at the club.

boring dull drippy Suffolk, innit

It’s all to cosy on 08:10 - Mar 17 with 1363 viewsElephantintheRoom

Why would it be otherwise? Town are bottom of the league - they are big fissh in a small pond.

The real problem is that the club is rotten from the top down. The owner is a grubby offshore tax avoider - so he attracts managers and players who operate in the same way - ie thy are here for the money. After more than a decaxde the decay is utterly endemic - if Town were a building it would be demolished and start again.

Cook is basically another gravy train rider secure in the knowledge a big pay out awaits. The players all know their contracts will be paid up in full no matter how bad they are. As with managers, failure probably pays better than success.

Against this background of course everyone is happy. Wouldn't you be if you got so much money for doing so little? And were absolutely certain to get even more.

The trick is - how do you change the culture. Like Lambo and others before him, Cook is making the right noises. BUT the only manager Town have had with a proven track record of making a relative silk purse out of a sow's ear is MM - and he couldn't crack it.

Cook could yet prove to be another Hurst - but appears to have some common sense so maybe not. After all....look at Barnsley!

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024