Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some said be careful what you wish for 19:29 - Apr 7 with 2438 viewsstevieg

I would say that without that wishful thinking and our subsequent demise since Mick Mc left, the now takeover would not have happened. I believe we had to slump to the current depths for it to become a viable proposition and now those that wished, myself included will get what we wished for hopefully. A return to the status we can once again be proud of. COYB
Oh sweet Jesus... thread deleted! (n/t) on 19:34 - Apr 7 with 2397 viewsDyland

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Some said be careful what you wish for on 20:37 - Apr 7 with 2314 viewsjeera

Good grief.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Some said be careful what you wish for on 20:39 - Apr 7 with 2304 viewsJ2BLUE

So what you're saying is...if you have a hole in your pants the way to make it better in the long term is to sh1t yourself?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Some said be careful what you wish for on 20:41 - Apr 7 with 2291 viewsjeera

Some said be careful what you wish for on 20:39 - Apr 7 by J2BLUE

So what you're saying is...if you have a hole in your pants the way to make it better in the long term is to sh1t yourself?

It's only logical.

Some said be careful what you wish for on 20:41 - Apr 7 with 2285 viewslondontractorboy57

I think your going to be sorry what you wished for again
Some said be careful what you wish for on 21:25 - Apr 7 with 2229 viewsstevieg

Some said be careful what you wish for on 20:39 - Apr 7 by J2BLUE

No what I’m saying is that if we hadn’t sunk so low the takeover wouldn’t have happened and we’d probably still be an also ran in the championship. Sometimes you have to reach a low point before things get better.
Some said be careful what you wish for on 21:29 - Apr 7 with 2204 viewsjeera

Some said be careful what you wish for on 21:25 - Apr 7 by stevieg

No what I’m saying is that if we hadn’t sunk so low the takeover wouldn’t have happened and we’d probably still be an also ran in the championship. Sometimes you have to reach a low point before things get better.

If we'd been promoted to the Prem then a take-over wouldn't be needed either.

Some said be careful what you wish for on 21:31 - Apr 7 with 2193 viewsjeera

Some said be careful what you wish for on 20:41 - Apr 7 by londontractorboy57

I think your going to be sorry what you wished for again

*You're*

So how does that work if I may ask?

Have you had any particular feelings on the past 13 years or hasn't that happened in your world?

Login to get fewer ads

Some said be careful what you wish for on 21:31 - Apr 7 with 2190 viewsstevieg

Some said be careful what you wish for on 21:29 - Apr 7 by jeera

If we'd been promoted to the Prem then a take-over wouldn't be needed either.

Obviously but we didn’t and Marcus lost faith. Investors buy at low points not high that’s my point
Some said be careful what you wish for on 21:31 - Apr 7 with 2186 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I think I get his logic.

If Sir Alf had never left and managed England and we had won the League a few more times we might never have got to the position of appointing Sir Bobby and won the FA Cup and the UEFA Cup.

Or if Sir Bobby hadn't left we might not have sunk to the level of appointing Burley and bringing the success we had under him.

Something like that isn't it?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Some said be careful what you wish for on 21:35 - Apr 7 with 2154 viewsjeera

Some said be careful what you wish for on 21:31 - Apr 7 by stevieg

Obviously but we didn’t and Marcus lost faith. Investors buy at low points not high that’s my point

You haven't made a point.

You have invented a scenario where we are being 'saved' because of what should have been an avoidable fall from grace.

I believe it's known on here as mental gymnastics or something.

Some said be careful what you wish for on 21:35 - Apr 7 with 2154 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Some said be careful what you wish for on 21:31 - Apr 7 by stevieg

No one buys in the Premier League then?

So Gamechanger's route to a profit is in taking us to the national league or below and finding an investor.

Some said be careful what you wish for on 21:37 - Apr 7 with 2129 viewsJ2BLUE

Some said be careful what you wish for on 21:31 - Apr 7 by Nthsuffolkblue

I think I get his logic.

If Sir Alf had never left and managed England and we had won the League a few more times we might never have got to the position of appointing Sir Bobby and won the FA Cup and the UEFA Cup.

Or if Sir Bobby hadn't left we might not have sunk to the level of appointing Burley and bringing the success we had under him.

Something like that isn't it?

Yea, only messing with him. He does have a point. As one of the world's richest banking families say "buy when there is blood on the streets".

Truly impaired.

Some said be careful what you wish for on 21:41 - Apr 7 with 2105 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Some said be careful what you wish for on 21:37 - Apr 7 by J2BLUE

Yea, only messing with him. He does have a point. As one of the world's richest banking families say "buy when there is blood on the streets".

I was actually being facetious!

Who wouldn't have wanted Sir Alf or Sir Bobby to have stayed longer and won more with us? What's to say we wouldn't have still ended up with the others? Or even something just as good with someone else?

The OP is openly anti-MM and has simply engineered this line to make the takeover the product of an anti-MM slant. The obsession is remarkable.

Some said be careful what you wish for on 21:42 - Apr 7 with 2090 viewsJ2BLUE

Some said be careful what you wish for on 21:41 - Apr 7 by Nthsuffolkblue

Who wouldn't have wanted Sir Alf or Sir Bobby to have stayed longer and won more with us? What's to say we wouldn't have still ended up with the others? Or even something just as good with someone else?

The OP is openly anti-MM and has simply engineered this line to make the takeover the product of an anti-MM slant. The obsession is remarkable.

Sorry I only read the 'I think I get his logic' part of your post!

Truly impaired.

Some said be careful what you wish for on 21:47 - Apr 7 with 2064 viewsjeera

Some said be careful what you wish for on 21:41 - Apr 7 by Nthsuffolkblue

It's always the same and it's weird to watch.

It's supposed to be a clever way of distancing oneself of any connection to something that went horribly wrong, but the transparency is little more than awkward.

Some fans didn't want a manager anymore - that is allowed!

No need to keep making things up to justify your position years later.

Some said be careful what you wish for on 21:48 - Apr 7 with 2052 viewsJ2BLUE

Some said be careful what you wish for on 21:47 - Apr 7 by jeera

It's always the same and it's weird to watch.

It's supposed to be a clever way of distancing oneself of any connection to something that went horribly wrong, but the transparency is little more than awkward.

Some fans didn't want a manager anymore - that is allowed!

No need to keep making things up to justify your position years later.

Look I just didn't want straight bananas ok?

Truly impaired.

Some said be careful what you wish for on 21:50 - Apr 7 with 2045 viewsKropotkin123

I get it. One step backwards, two steps forwards. Not that I agree. It's taken less than 24h to already do things that we have being asking ME to do. Eg Partitioning the investment of the club from the running of the club. Expecting more on this front. Or, eg, actually engaging with the fans in a meaningful sense. Again, expecting more on this front.

There is no reason ME couldn't have done that in the past 3 years or before.

The whole MM thing has been done to death. This is just as painful as those who still cry about him leaving. Let it go. Move on. We've had 3 managers named Paul since he left. I assume no club in the history of the football league has had three managers named Paul since a manager left*

* Laying down the challenge to the Statos

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Some said be careful what you wish for on 21:54 - Apr 7 with 2028 viewsstevieg

Some said be careful what you wish for on 21:37 - Apr 7 by J2BLUE

Exactly, do you think anyone would have come in to buy Ipswich Town while we were in the Championship, most unlikely. Takeovers usually happen when clubs are at a low point and to be honest we don’t have great assets either with not owning the ground. So I think it had to get this bad to attract an interest and Marcus was never going to get us back to the Prem league was he.
Some said be careful what you wish for on 22:01 - Apr 7 with 2000 viewsKropotkin123

Some said be careful what you wish for on 21:54 - Apr 7 by stevieg

Exactly, do you think anyone would have come in to buy Ipswich Town while we were in the Championship, most unlikely. Takeovers usually happen when clubs are at a low point and to be honest we don’t have great assets either with not owning the ground. So I think it had to get this bad to attract an interest and Marcus was never going to get us back to the Prem league was he.

If that is actually what you believe, why tie it to the "BVWYWF"? It just devalues the point you are making. Most will read that OP and think that you are just taking weird shots at MM.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Some said be careful what you wish for on 22:02 - Apr 7 with 1999 viewsstevieg

Some said be careful what you wish for on 21:50 - Apr 7 by Kropotkin123

I get it. One step backwards, two steps forwards. Not that I agree. It's taken less than 24h to already do things that we have being asking ME to do. Eg Partitioning the investment of the club from the running of the club. Expecting more on this front. Or, eg, actually engaging with the fans in a meaningful sense. Again, expecting more on this front.

There is no reason ME couldn't have done that in the past 3 years or before.

The whole MM thing has been done to death. This is just as painful as those who still cry about him leaving. Let it go. Move on. We've had 3 managers named Paul since he left. I assume no club in the history of the football league has had three managers named Paul since a manager left*

* Laying down the challenge to the Statos

It’s got nothing to do with Mick Mc I was just using him as a point of reference as to when things really started to deteriorate. He had to go the football was dross but I don’t think it was his fault. It was Marcus that failed and Mick did the best he could with what he had
Some said be careful what you wish for on 07:12 - Apr 8 with 1852 viewsartsbossbeard

Yep, these last few years have been worth it just for this moment.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Some said be careful what you wish for on 07:26 - Apr 8 with 1815 viewsMullet

This is possibly the worst thread for months. Truly straw clutching nonsense. This takeover might be the best thing to ever happen, but forcing out Mick turned out to be everything you lot were warned about and then some.

I’d not draw attention to that if I’d been so wrong about something.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024