Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cook 21:48 - Apr 10 with 1301 viewsitfctilidie

Read nothing into him not taking a press conference.

I mean really, what can he come out and say "these players are utter crap and i cant wait until the summer to clear them off with their p45's"

The thought that Paul Cook didnt know what was going on at the club however Greyhound did is laughable. Of course he knew we were being taken over.
Cook on 21:52 - Apr 10 with 1233 viewsgainsboroughblue

If he does walk, then we will have the situation where no Town fan attended a match during his tenure.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Cook on 21:52 - Apr 10 with 1233 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Cook on 21:54 - Apr 10 with 1199 viewschrismakin

Cook on 21:52 - Apr 10 by BryanPlug

Although I keep hoping it's something normal

Realistically, it's very very random and doesn't seem right

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Cook on 21:57 - Apr 10 with 1171 viewstextbackup

Sounds like he’s not 100% comfortable with something

the players inability to carry out the one thing the game is all about, aiming the ball at that white thing

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Cook on 21:59 - Apr 10 with 1132 viewsitfctilidie

The set of playing staff he inherited?

I am not so sure. Take the players for example, they have been lifeless for weeks. They had to have known a takeover was in the reckoning and that their time is up which is why the performances have been so lifeless. Cook is pissing in the wind trying to work with this bunch - how can you motivate a bunch of players who wont be here next year so dont care. It must be very hard for Cook to attempt to train them, give them team talks and then watch absolutely no reaction - then repeat.

Cook probably wants to get to the season end like the rest of us and see the back of this squad
Cook on 22:02 - Apr 10 with 1099 viewsCoco

I mean, Marcus Evans also 'wrote' a very long winded message to fans stating he has no intention of selling.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Cook on 22:03 - Apr 10 with 1063 viewschrismakin

Cook on 21:59 - Apr 10 by itfctilidie

The set of playing staff he inherited?

I am not so sure. Take the players for example, they have been lifeless for weeks. They had to have known a takeover was in the reckoning and that their time is up which is why the performances have been so lifeless. Cook is pissing in the wind trying to work with this bunch - how can you motivate a bunch of players who wont be here next year so dont care. It must be very hard for Cook to attempt to train them, give them team talks and then watch absolutely no reaction - then repeat.

Cook probably wants to get to the season end like the rest of us and see the back of this squad

You've also got to think

This is a man that has enjoyed alot of success since managing in England

Suddenly, you've got people questioning his ability as a manager because of the state of this squad of so called footballers

So apart from possibly being stabbed in the back by Evans, his reputation is taking a pounding with each passing game

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Cook on 22:10 - Apr 10 with 968 viewsitfctilidie

Cook on 22:03 - Apr 10 by chrismakin

You've also got to think

This is a man that has enjoyed alot of success since managing in England

Suddenly, you've got people questioning his ability as a manager because of the state of this squad of so called footballers

So apart from possibly being stabbed in the back by Evans, his reputation is taking a pounding with each passing game

Yeah must be terribly difficult for him.

To be honest, i have written this season off completely. Live in Australia so cant justify staying up late to watch this bunch.

I hope I am right about Cook and I am not judging him until 10 games into next season, its not fair to judge him at the minute.

Maybe Cook is too honest of a guy? Id much rather he doesnt do a post match press conference than come on with the drivel "we played well cant ask for more"
Login to get fewer ads

Cook on 22:13 - Apr 10 with 943 viewschrismakin

Cook on 22:10 - Apr 10 by itfctilidie

Yeah must be terribly difficult for him.

To be honest, i have written this season off completely. Live in Australia so cant justify staying up late to watch this bunch.

I hope I am right about Cook and I am not judging him until 10 games into next season, its not fair to judge him at the minute.

Maybe Cook is too honest of a guy? Id much rather he doesnt do a post match press conference than come on with the drivel "we played well cant ask for more"

I think with Cook, his teams are a reflection on him as a person, this town squad are so far away from that he must dread waking up knowing he's got this for another month.

He enjoys his football, he's hardworking, honest, puts in all his effort, yet we know this isn't the same with our players.

Cook on 22:23 - Apr 10 with 850 viewsTieDyedIn95

Cook on 21:57 - Apr 10 by textbackup

Sounds like he’s not 100% comfortable with something

the players inability to carry out the one thing the game is all about, aiming the ball at that white thing

I mean it's been a brutal month for him here, the team has hardly performed, I cannot believe he wasn't part of the takeover plan but equally we don't know what Evans had promised him. Ashton has a terrible reputation in the game for mucking about with players and if he's coming in, Cook has the perfect get out of jail free card to leave early because he can say his vision didn't meet the clubs going forward and rid himself of trying to fix this absolute mess of a club while having to deal with a CEO trying to call the shots on the footballing side as well.

I do think it's going to take the new administration 5 or 6 years to fix the problems at the club and it won't be the instant turnaround some are expecting. We're Ipswich in name only right now, the club itself is very much at the level it deserves to be in. Much like people expecting Cook to turn stale water into wine overnight, these new owners aren't going to roll back 13 years of decline over night either.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2021 22:23]

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024