Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has Cook really turned into a bad manager overnight? 00:41 - Apr 21 with 791 viewsITFCBlues

I don't think so. We should be doing better that's for sure,but there's clearly something not quite right with this group of players. Some of the stuff we've seen tonight was fairly basic. 5 yard passes going a stray, basic defending and individual errors.

We seem to be able to turn good managers into bad ones constantly. This group of players in large have overseen the worst period in the clubs history. Thankfully the majority aren't going to be here next season where we can start a complete fresh.

Cooks clearly had enough from this group. He sees them everyday on the training pitch, he sees their fitness levels and we all see how that culminates to the pitch on a match day with unacceptable performances. Thankfully we. Don't need to see this for much longer.

It's worth mentioning as well that the Cowleys aren't fairing any better at Pompey who have now dropped out of the top 6...

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Has Cook really turned into a bad manager overnight? on 00:51 - Apr 21 with 752 viewsrgp1

Maybe not but if you run around with a loaded weapon and fire it indiscriminately then there are consequences. Cook is going to end up talking himself out of a job if he carries on like this.

More importantly as Mick Mills said the other week if you wipe out a whole team and start again that van create it's own problems.

People keep saying let's build in the summer but if the manager cannot build a goal then how the feck can he build a team!
Has Cook really turned into a bad manager overnight? on 01:01 - Apr 21 with 732 viewsMercian

I don't know. Talented people come to Ipswich and fail. Take Parrott, Ireland's great new hope and the eventual successor to Harry Kane. He has been terrible.
Has Cook really turned into a bad manager overnight? on 01:01 - Apr 21 with 725 viewspointofblue

Has Cook really turned into a bad manager overnight? on 00:51 - Apr 21 by rgp1

Maybe not but if you run around with a loaded weapon and fire it indiscriminately then there are consequences. Cook is going to end up talking himself out of a job if he carries on like this.

More importantly as Mick Mills said the other week if you wipe out a whole team and start again that van create it's own problems.

People keep saying let's build in the summer but if the manager cannot build a goal then how the feck can he build a team!

To be fair, Cook has a record of rebuilding squads - he did it at Portsmouth and Wigan.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Has Cook really turned into a bad manager overnight? on 01:05 - Apr 21 with 716 viewsIllinoisblue

He needs time. Lots of time and a few miracles to turn this rotten club around.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Has Cook really turned into a bad manager overnight? on 08:02 - Apr 21 with 557 viewsKropotkin123

I certainly don't think he has become a bad manager overnight. It is clear he is trying any player combination to see if he can get anything. It is reasonable in my mind to assume players aren't putting in that extra bit of effort as they are self-preserving (not risking injury, etc) as they know they won't be here next season.

And as you rightly point out - The Cowleys - Another good management team on paper, have seen a decline in form and results at Portsmouth.

I think both clubs pick very bad times to change their manager. Pretty much everyone of us wanted PL gone sooner and we got "hopeful greenshoots" instead of a new manager with time and a window to demonstrate improvement.

With that said. My fear is that we have a situation were Paul Cook's assistant, still at Wigan, is a significant missing piece of Paul Cook's previous success. We should be weary of that going forward.

We could lose 6-0 next game and that will only convince me further that the players don't care enough. But come the first game of next season. Performances and results must start showing improvement and we must get better and better as a team. If not, then I will be fully open to criticism.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Has Cook really turned into a bad manager overnight? on 08:07 - Apr 21 with 542 viewsBobbychase

Only our fans could try and engineer a crisis when we've just been handed our dream scenario of new, wealthy and ambitious owners who have done everything they can to engage with the supporters, and Lambert sent packing.

But sure, for the sake of a run of bad results in unusual circumstances with the freak situation of almost all our senior players out of contract, let's sack Cook and make ourselves a laughing stock shall we?

Seriously, I'm almost as annoyed with people who want to get rid of a manager who hasn't been allowed to sign a single player as I am with the current misfiring squad.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Has Cook really turned into a bad manager overnight? on 08:08 - Apr 21 with 533 viewsitfcpaul

He isn't wrong though is he?

How many of those that played last night do you seriously want starting next season, go on be honest because if it's more than maybe 1 or 2 you are deluded

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Has Cook really turned into a bad manager overnight? on 08:10 - Apr 21 with 532 viewssaffers12

Has Cook really turned into a bad manager overnight? on 08:07 - Apr 21 by Bobbychase

Only our fans could try and engineer a crisis when we've just been handed our dream scenario of new, wealthy and ambitious owners who have done everything they can to engage with the supporters, and Lambert sent packing.

But sure, for the sake of a run of bad results in unusual circumstances with the freak situation of almost all our senior players out of contract, let's sack Cook and make ourselves a laughing stock shall we?

Seriously, I'm almost as annoyed with people who want to get rid of a manager who hasn't been allowed to sign a single player as I am with the current misfiring squad.

could not agree more.

The players have been awful for 3 years and PC needs a full transfer window and pre-season to get us moving in the right direction

100% faith in PC
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024