Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keiron Dyer's comments 07:49 - May 5 with 3556 viewsHarlestonblue

"The club is finally getting some infrastructure. It's been crying out for it for a long time"
14 years I would say. The Marcus Evans era.
Keiron Dyer's comments on 07:54 - May 5 with 3048 viewstrncbluearmy

he is of course right, but I do wonder if evans was being told this at the time or to many accepted and did nothing
Keiron Dyer's comments on 08:12 - May 5 with 2958 viewsGuthrum

Keiron Dyer's comments on 07:54 - May 5 by trncbluearmy

he is of course right, but I do wonder if evans was being told this at the time or to many accepted and did nothing

I suspect that Evans was trying to model his approach upon the Cobbolds: Both in sole charge and pretty hands off at the same time, leaving day-to-day running of the club in the hands of the Manager.

That might have worked in a simpler era, when finances were limited, squads were small and transfers infrequent (plus the Cobbolds were very judicious/fortunate with a couple of their hirings). That was the expectation for a football manager at that time, a sharp business sense and mastery of PR were not part of the job spec.

Of course, the Cobbolds are very highly regarded at ITFC and among supporters, so that may have acted as an implicit confirmation of that approach.

The problem was that nowadays promotions and trophies are won as much in the transfer window as on the pitch and a public relations falling out causes far more trouble than used to be the case. How would Sir Alf's famous aversion to media work have gone down nowadays, when Cook missing one interview provokes a stormy response?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Keiron Dyer's comments on 08:15 - May 5 with 2937 viewsElephantintheRoom

That infrastructure would include an offshore debt mountain and owners that cant even get in the country at present.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Keiron Dyer's comments on 08:21 - May 5 with 2888 viewsGuthrum

Keiron Dyer's comments on 08:15 - May 5 by ElephantintheRoom

That infrastructure would include an offshore debt mountain and owners that cant even get in the country at present.

Considerably smaller than the offshore debt mountain we had before. Plus the important decisionmakers - Chairman and Chief Exec - are UK based.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Keiron Dyer's comments on 09:07 - May 5 with 2725 viewsIpswichKnight

And yet they’ve been more visible and more engaged with the club and community in 2 months than the previous UK based owner in 13years.
Keiron Dyer's comments on 09:14 - May 5 with 2692 viewsVic

Yep, and supporters that can’t get into the ground

Not sure you thought that through before you posted!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Keiron Dyer's comments on 09:44 - May 5 with 2615 viewsBlueBadger

Being as edgy as you must make opening letters a real task.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Keiron Dyer's comments on 09:57 - May 5 with 2543 viewsBlueBadger

Keiron Dyer's comments on 09:14 - May 5 by Vic

Yep, and supporters that can’t get into the ground

Not sure you thought that through before you posted!

So much edge, so little point.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Login to get fewer ads

Keiron Dyer's comments on 10:14 - May 5 with 2491 viewsStokieBlue

When was the last time you posted something positive on anything?

Must be years now.

The worst thing is that usually your points aren't even correct.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Keiron Dyer's comments on 11:46 - May 5 with 2373 viewsTieDyedIn95

He played under it, he's worked under it, if anyone knows, it's Dyer. He is one of just a handful of players who played here before the idiot arrive, and after so knows how it was meant to be run before the Chelsea Tractor wrecked the club.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Keiron Dyer's comments on 11:54 - May 5 with 2332 viewsChurchman

Keiron Dyer's comments on 11:46 - May 5 by TieDyedIn95

He played under it, he's worked under it, if anyone knows, it's Dyer. He is one of just a handful of players who played here before the idiot arrive, and after so knows how it was meant to be run before the Chelsea Tractor wrecked the club.

Now Richardson is staying at Wigan, I’d make Dyer Assistant Manager, if he wants the job. I’d make Gary Roberts Head Coach too. I can’t imagine he brought him with him to hold his hand. I sure Dyer and Roberts have plenty of ideas. They know the club and have had a couple of months to get to get to know Cook and what he’s after.

Just a thought.
Keiron Dyer's comments on 12:07 - May 5 with 2277 viewsKieran_Knows

What a berk.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Keiron Dyer's comments on 12:39 - May 5 with 2188 viewschrismakin

Are you releated to Haynes by any chance

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Keiron Dyer's comments on 12:40 - May 5 with 2168 viewschrismakin

Keiron Dyer's comments on 11:54 - May 5 by Churchman

Now Richardson is staying at Wigan, I’d make Dyer Assistant Manager, if he wants the job. I’d make Gary Roberts Head Coach too. I can’t imagine he brought him with him to hold his hand. I sure Dyer and Roberts have plenty of ideas. They know the club and have had a couple of months to get to get to know Cook and what he’s after.

Just a thought.

I wonder if it might be a switch, Roberts to take on the u23s, Dyer to go into a first team coaching role, Don't think he's ready for assistant yet.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Keiron Dyer's comments on 12:50 - May 5 with 2098 viewshype313

Keiron Dyer's comments on 12:40 - May 5 by chrismakin

I wonder if it might be a switch, Roberts to take on the u23s, Dyer to go into a first team coaching role, Don't think he's ready for assistant yet.

How can he not be ready? He's got more experience than Gerrard and Lampard and has done exactly the same as Scott Parker who got the Fulham job.

People would have been happy for him to have the top job here a few months ago, he's more than capable to make the step up to Assistant Manager.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Keiron Dyer's comments on 12:55 - May 5 with 2059 viewsKieran_Knows

Keiron Dyer's comments on 12:50 - May 5 by hype313

How can he not be ready? He's got more experience than Gerrard and Lampard and has done exactly the same as Scott Parker who got the Fulham job.

People would have been happy for him to have the top job here a few months ago, he's more than capable to make the step up to Assistant Manager.

My guess is Dyer will stay as he is going in to next season (23's manager, but with first team at every opportunity).

New assistant.
Roberts as first team coach.
Dyer taking on Gills 'coaching' role.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Keiron Dyer's comments on 13:07 - May 5 with 1976 viewsBeckets

Keiron Dyer's comments on 12:55 - May 5 by Kieran_Knows

My guess is Dyer will stay as he is going in to next season (23's manager, but with first team at every opportunity).

New assistant.
Roberts as first team coach.
Dyer taking on Gills 'coaching' role.

I wonder what they'll do with Gerard Nash.
Keiron Dyer's comments on 13:09 - May 5 with 1965 viewsChurchman

I agree, I think he is. He was very measured and incisive with his interview. He’s also been around plenty of other clubs so knows what works and what doesn’t. Dyer is a lot older than Ramsey and Robson were when they got the managers job here so why not.

Either that or as suggested make Roberts AM and Dyer head coach.
Keiron Dyer's comments on 13:11 - May 5 with 1954 viewschrismakin

Think for me, it wasn't that long ago he got bored and walked away to then come back again, i think coaching is his thing more than AM, depends how hands on is an AM in training...

Keiron Dyer's comments on 13:14 - May 5 with 1925 viewstractorboy1978

Keiron Dyer's comments on 13:11 - May 5 by chrismakin

Think for me, it wasn't that long ago he got bored and walked away to then come back again, i think coaching is his thing more than AM, depends how hands on is an AM in training...

It's not like he went off to sit on the sofa. He went to spend some time in Anderlecht with Kompany and Bellamy which I am sure he is all the better for.
Keiron Dyer's comments on 13:26 - May 5 with 1852 viewshype313

Keiron Dyer's comments on 13:11 - May 5 by chrismakin

Bored? Bit of a stretch of a statement! Went off to get more experience.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Keiron Dyer's comments on 13:28 - May 5 with 1841 viewschrismakin

Keiron Dyer's comments on 13:14 - May 5 by tractorboy1978

It's not like he went off to sit on the sofa. He went to spend some time in Anderlecht with Kompany and Bellamy which I am sure he is all the better for.

well, dont forget im a celebrity lol,

Keiron Dyer's comments on 13:30 - May 5 with 1824 viewschrismakin

Keiron Dyer's comments on 13:26 - May 5 by hype313

Bored? Bit of a stretch of a statement! Went off to get more experience.

not quite what his mates said, but each to their own

we'll all see how it progresses in time, I like Kieron, hope he can work with Dobra, think he can turn him into a quality player with 1-1 guidance.
[Post edited 5 May 2021 13:32]

Keiron Dyer's comments on 13:59 - May 5 with 1735 viewsBlueBadger

Keiron Dyer's comments on 12:39 - May 5 by chrismakin

Are you releated to Haynes by any chance

In all fairness, Pundit here does appear to be a genuine ITFC supporter, unlike yellow tail feathers Haynes.

Keiron Dyer's comments on 14:24 - May 5 with 1679 viewstractorboy1978

Keiron Dyer's comments on 13:28 - May 5 by chrismakin

well, dont forget im a celebrity lol,

That was in 2015.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024