Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would love a Chambers goal today 11:33 - May 9 with 1227 viewsMullet

If this is to be the end of his time here, then as a great player, great captain and great role model at the club it'd be a lovely way to go out.

Played at RB when we had our best seasons and others baffingly said he couldn't. Stayed at Town when he could have gone back to Forest. Did everything he could for the young lads coming through as a landlord and a mentor. Then continued this season to show up players 10 years younger or so with his fitness and commitment to the cause.

The fact so many staff, players, managers and family and friends connected to the club speak so highly of him without fail is rare anywhere. Perhaps with time and distance he'll get the respect he deserves.

I know there will be no fairytales today, but a decent game for him and the team would be the least he deserves.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Would love a Chambers goal today on 11:42 - May 9 with 1188 viewswaveneyblue

Well said. I really feel uneasy with all the Chambers slating on here. There's been many problems at the club since 2012, he is a long way down that list
Would love a Chambers goal today on 11:49 - May 9 with 1170 viewssouthnorfolkblue

I agree with all your sentiments, but to say that he has been a great player is totally OTT in my view. Great servant to the club yes, but great player...he isn’t fit to lace the boots of our greats.

Poll: Our final position

Would love a Chambers goal today on 11:52 - May 9 with 1139 viewsMullet

Would love a Chambers goal today on 11:49 - May 9 by southnorfolkblue

I agree with all your sentiments, but to say that he has been a great player is totally OTT in my view. Great servant to the club yes, but great player...he isn’t fit to lace the boots of our greats.

A great player does not mean a great.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Would love a Chambers goal today on 12:10 - May 9 with 1088 viewsSwailsey

Love Chambo. Give him a penalty if we get one. Really great servant and ambassador for the club.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Would love a Chambers goal today on 12:16 - May 9 with 1049 viewsjudespiveyg

It's kind of strange for a player to be here so long yet to see him at his best for such a short time. I remember him being great in 12/13, I believe he got players player of the year with his centre half partner Smith picking up the fans award. In the remaining years of his prime though he was played at full back, where he was passable, without ever looking totally comfortable. (personally I think Parr should have played right back with Smith/Chambers alongside Berra). 17/18 he was back at centre half and had a good season, but by 18/19 he no longer looked what he once was.

So in short, a good player and great servant, but was a bit mismanaged which prevented us from seeing him at his best for very long, with Chambers being too much of a good egg and captain to ever complain. You have to appreciate the effort he's given for this club if nothing else. Would be remembered much more fondly if he was actually allowed to play his position.
[Post edited 9 May 2021 12:18]

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

[Redacted] on 12:47 - May 9 with 994 viewsvictorywilhappen

Would love a Chambers goal today on 11:52 - May 9 by Mullet

A great player does not mean a great.

[Redacted]
Would love a Chambers goal today on 12:47 - May 9 with 992 viewsAlanG296

When are you starting fundraising for a statue of Chambers in mid fist pump?
Would love a Chambers goal today on 12:48 - May 9 with 980 viewspositivity

i really hope it's his last game, but wish him all the best for his efforts, and it's a shame we can't give him a send-off

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Login to get fewer ads

Would love a Chambers goal today on 12:53 - May 9 with 945 viewsStenvict

Would love a Chambers goal today on 11:49 - May 9 by southnorfolkblue

It's all relative though isn't it? For example, if we get back to back promotions in the next 2 years, we'll all be saying what an amazing achievement it is, but if we're comparing it to winning the UEFA Cup, FA Cup or 1st Division, it's nowhere near. I think Chambers has been very good for the club on the whole, and I hope he stays next season.

Poll: What will be announced first?

Would love a Chambers goal today on 12:54 - May 9 with 935 viewsBlueNomad

I’m glad no-one has had the nerve to downvote the OP. What you have said is spot on.
Would love a Chambers goal today on 12:57 - May 9 with 908 viewsSpruceMoose

Would love a Chambers goal today on 12:47 - May 9 by AlanG296

When are you starting fundraising for a statue of Chambers in mid fist pump?

Oh dear.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Would love a Chambers goal today on 13:21 - May 9 with 831 viewsAlanG296

Would love a Chambers goal today on 12:57 - May 9 by SpruceMoose

Oh dear.

The Chambers Cult will need somewhere to worship.
Would love a Chambers goal today on 13:23 - May 9 with 820 viewsSpruceMoose

Would love a Chambers goal today on 13:21 - May 9 by AlanG296

The Chambers Cult will need somewhere to worship.

Be sensible hun.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Would love a Chambers goal today on 14:38 - May 9 with 690 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Would love a Chambers goal today on 12:53 - May 9 by Stenvict

It's all relative though isn't it? For example, if we get back to back promotions in the next 2 years, we'll all be saying what an amazing achievement it is, but if we're comparing it to winning the UEFA Cup, FA Cup or 1st Division, it's nowhere near. I think Chambers has been very good for the club on the whole, and I hope he stays next season.

So what we have achieved since he’s been here? Diddly squat. Of course it’s not just down to him, but all this talk of him being a great is an absolute nonsense. He’s been a good committed servant and that is to be applauded but some of the tributes are way OTT.

Poll: Our final position

Would love a Chambers goal today on 16:13 - May 9 with 593 viewsreusersfreekicks

Would love a Chambers goal today on 14:38 - May 9 by southnorfolkblue

So what we have achieved since he’s been here? Diddly squat. Of course it’s not just down to him, but all this talk of him being a great is an absolute nonsense. He’s been a good committed servant and that is to be applauded but some of the tributes are way OTT.

No they're not
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024