Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What a shame 23:20 - May 14 with 2334 viewsSitfcB

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

What a shame on 23:22 - May 14 with 2287 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

They are also walking away because they don't have any money to buy the club with.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

What a shame on 23:27 - May 14 with 2239 viewsIllinoisblue

Boy are they reaping what they’ve sown. Wonder how long Rooney will stick around.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

What a shame on 23:34 - May 14 with 2208 viewsDarth_Koont

Things like this give me the opportunity for a far more general rant.

But football would be better for the vast majority of people, including many of those working in the industry, if it wasn’t so ridiculously hyped up on steroids.

It’s become less interesting the more money has been poured into it.

That’s objectively speaking: who cares about the FA Cup Final or Champions League Final really? Not in the way almost everybody used to care 20+ years ago.

It’s become like Formula One with shin pads and swearing. Dull as f@ck and sooo serious about itself.

Pronouns: He/Him

What a shame on 23:52 - May 14 with 2101 viewsIllinoisblue

What a shame on 23:34 - May 14 by Darth_Koont

But football would be better for the vast majority of people, including many of those working in the industry, if it wasn’t so ridiculously hyped up on steroids.

That’s objectively speaking: who cares about the FA Cup Final or Champions League Final really? Not in the way almost everybody used to care 20+ years ago.

It’s become like Formula One with shin pads and swearing. Dull as f@ck and sooo serious about itself.

Our new owners seem genuine and enthusiastic and ambitious. Which is great and all but it doesn’t sit right that we’re a pension fund’s (small) plaything.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

What a shame on 00:46 - May 15 with 1957 viewsdominiciawful

Those last two lines are excellent and accurate.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

What a shame on 01:36 - May 15 with 1897 viewsXYZ

What a shame on 23:52 - May 14 by Illinoisblue

Our new owners seem genuine and enthusiastic and ambitious. Which is great and all but it doesn’t sit right that we’re a pension fund’s (small) plaything.

Pension funds don't do "playthings", individuals do.

Pension funds have investment committees and processes and standards.

Yes, they need to show a profit, but they don't need cash back in the short or medium term. They don't have egos to rub.

As Phil identified, this could be a trend-setter. Football started with working men's clubs - this could be the start of ex-working men (& women) investing in community assets.
What a shame on 05:34 - May 15 with 1776 viewsBryanPlug

What a shame on 00:46 - May 15 by dominiciawful

Those last two lines are excellent and accurate.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

What a shame on 05:37 - May 15 with 1788 viewsBryanPlug

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Login to get fewer ads

What a shame on 06:38 - May 15 with 1689 viewsChurchman

This is so true. My brother in law is a massive Leicester supporter and the misses has divided loyalties with ITFC as they come from that part of the world. My best mate has been a Chelsea supporter all his life. So I should be interested. The Cup Final was the best sporting day of the year back in the day. All day Cup Final tv? Magic! Not any more. I am really not interested. It’ll be on, but it’ll be wallpaper. The CL Final, the same if I watch that at all.

The hype thing does my head in. The sport really doesn’t need it. It’s the universal game playable by all. Yet you get in particular Sky’s at times grotesque presentation. That bag of gas Jim White and his ugly friend with the little mouth bringing us ‘transfer deadline’ day in their yellow ties, piggy eyes wide with excitement. Tools. Has beens smugly sitting their in the studio at games ranting away, trying to make excuses for the diving, cheating, tedium and sheer greed of the top clubs that’s totally distorted the game now and shows no time of stopping. It’s taken on an ugly life of its own now.

One of the saddest things I saw on the Cup Final was a Leicester supporter on some dreadful preview being asked if he’d prefer a Champions League spot or to win the FA Cup. The bloke ummed and arrrd before just about coming down on the side of ‘winning some silverware’. Sad.
What a shame on 07:40 - May 15 with 1561 viewsBlueBadger

What a shame on 23:27 - May 14 by Illinoisblue

Boy are they reaping what they’ve sown. Wonder how long Rooney will stick around.

Famous Wayne will probably end up as assistant manager to Paul Lambert if he manages to con another guillible chairmen into giving him a job.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

What a shame on 07:42 - May 15 with 1562 viewsBluefish

What a shame on 05:37 - May 15 by BryanPlug

Nope they have less football debt. If they went into admin other debts would be cleared but football and hmrc would still need paying

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

What a shame on 08:25 - May 15 with 1416 viewsEastTownBlue

There was the "sale" of their stadium for £80m
[Post edited 15 May 2021 10:58]
What a shame on 08:27 - May 15 with 1399 viewsGuthrum

If that was just the debt from the Morris era, then it was accumulated in less than half the time ours under Evans was.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

What a shame on 08:40 - May 15 with 1307 viewsgtsb1966

According to Google Mel Morris has a fortune of £515m . Why can't he just write off/pay up the debts and sell for a quid. Surely any fan would with his worth. Is that too simplistic?
What a shame on 09:04 - May 15 with 1190 viewsIpswichKnight

What a shame on 08:27 - May 15 by Guthrum

If that was just the debt from the Morris era, then it was accumulated in less than half the time ours under Evans was.

Ours as we know was only debt to one person and not debt owed to HRMC or tied up as a commercial mortgage on the ground all of those creditors will want and demand the full amount back not 20p in the pound.

They still owe something like £20m to ex managers who they didn’t put break clauses into contract contracts for!
What a shame on 09:30 - May 15 with 1084 viewsGuthrum

What a shame on 09:04 - May 15 by IpswichKnight

Ours as we know was only debt to one person and not debt owed to HRMC or tied up as a commercial mortgage on the ground all of those creditors will want and demand the full amount back not 20p in the pound.

They still owe something like £20m to ex managers who they didn’t put break clauses into contract contracts for!

Wow!

What a shame on 09:31 - May 15 with 1080 viewsGuthrum

What a shame on 08:40 - May 15 by gtsb1966

According to Google Mel Morris has a fortune of £515m . Why can't he just write off/pay up the debts and sell for a quid. Surely any fan would with his worth. Is that too simplistic?

And, unlike Marcus Evans, his wealth is not tied up in one particular business. He sold that to liquidate his assets.

What a shame on 09:33 - May 15 with 1069 viewstractorboy1978

What a shame on 08:40 - May 15 by gtsb1966

You cannot just write off debts to HMRC, former players/managers and third parties. They may have something to say about that!
What a shame on 09:49 - May 15 with 966 viewsSteve_M

Would agree with most of that. It’s all got very tedious in general and the lack of fans has highlighted just how hollow the whole edifice now is.

On the FA Cup final this year though, a self-entitled club versus one of the best performing of the rest all least gives me a clear side to support. I wrote struggle to tell you much about the finals of recent years though.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

What a shame on 09:52 - May 15 with 949 viewsPendejo

What a shame on 09:33 - May 15 by tractorboy1978

You cannot just write off debts to HMRC, former players/managers and third parties. They may have something to say about that!

The comment said write off / PAY UP

So wasn't suggesting Derby stiff HMRC and football creditors.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

What a shame on 10:20 - May 15 with 869 viewsWeWereZombies

What a shame on 09:49 - May 15 by Steve_M

Would agree with most of that. It’s all got very tedious in general and the lack of fans has highlighted just how hollow the whole edifice now is.

On the FA Cup final this year though, a self-entitled club versus one of the best performing of the rest all least gives me a clear side to support. I wrote struggle to tell you much about the finals of recent years though.

Last year's was very decent and the Arsenal's winning goal was top notch, lives in the memory a bit. Despite there being no crowd it was a welcome relief in those early days of lock downs to have live football on terrestrial telly. But it is back to there seeming to be too much on now and even looking forward to a break from it over the summer.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024