Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
long covid 16:00 - Jul 9 with 750 viewspositivity

has there been any studies on whether long covid is more predominant amongst the young/fit?

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

long covid on 16:02 - Jul 9 with 728 viewsSwansea_Blue

Not sure about age, but there's some work that seems to suggest it's more prevalent in women. Which seems to be the opposite of Covid itself. No idea why though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

long covid on 16:04 - Jul 9 with 709 viewsIllinoisblue

What is the definition of long Covid?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

long covid on 16:05 - Jul 9 with 713 viewsStokieBlue

The causes of long covid are not yet fully established but there are some interesting studies coming out saying it could be caused by dormant viruses (specifically EBV viruses) being reactivated in the body and thus cause issues.

These viruses are carried by most of the population and thus pretty much everyone is at some level of risk from long covid. Unfortunately because the young are least vaccinated they are likely to bear the brunt of any long covid surge.

From Whitty:

"I regret to say I think we will get a significant amount more long COVID, particularly in the younger ages where the vaccination rates are currently much lower,"

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

long covid on 16:47 - Jul 9 with 618 viewswkj

long covid on 16:04 - Jul 9 by Illinoisblue

It's usually how insecure people describe their micro covid.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

long covid on 16:48 - Jul 9 with 603 viewschrismakin

long covid on 16:04 - Jul 9 by Illinoisblue

Long Covid is a term to describe the effects of Covid-19 that continue for weeks or months beyond the initial illness.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

long covid on 16:59 - Jul 9 with 571 viewsIllinoisblue

long covid on 16:48 - Jul 9 by chrismakin

Long Covid is a term to describe the effects of Covid-19 that continue for weeks or months beyond the initial illness.

Dr Makin to the rescue!

62 - 78 - 81

long covid on 17:00 - Jul 9 with 567 viewsIllinoisblue

long covid on 16:47 - Jul 9 by wkj

It's usually how insecure people describe their micro covid.

And lo the cymbals did crash

62 - 78 - 81

long covid on 17:01 - Jul 9 with 565 viewswkj

long covid on 17:00 - Jul 9 by Illinoisblue

And lo the cymbals did crash

That would be an entirely different ailment altogether.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Login to get fewer ads

long covid on 19:03 - Jul 9 with 476 viewsGogs

I'm not sure what to make of the phrase 'Long Covid'. It appears to be a vast spectrum of symptoms / problems lasting anything from a few weeks feeling fatigued/exhausted which eventually leads to a full recovery, to a few months, even perhaps life long issues, possibly including things like organ failure. A lot more research need to be done into it, especially if it turns out that the vast majority of 'Long Covid' cases are at one end of the spectrum or the other. I've no idea one way or the other, I don't know of anyone who's got/had it to even hazard a (very small sample) guess. If it turns out for most people it's at the 'mild' end of the spectrum then obviously this *shouldn't* create too much extra pressure on health care providers. The consequences from the other end of the spectrum being the likelier outcome don't really bear thinking about. But obviously they do need thinking about, along with things like age/sex/ethnicity/location of sufferers, i.e. all the usual demographics.
I know I had a savage dose of 'flu in 92-93 (which was from a global outbreak nicknamed 'Beijing flu'). I was only 18 at the time. It laid me low enough to need 3 weeks off work and I was feeling weak and fatigued for several months afterwards - but I did eventually make a full recovery. As far as I know 'long flu' has never been mentioned as a thing, but from personal experience it is
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024