Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
another one bites the dust…. 09:34 - Jul 18 with 5693 viewswitchdoctor

🙄
another one bites the dust…. on 09:37 - Jul 18 with 2937 viewsEwan_Oozami

Probably wise....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

another one bites the dust…. on 09:40 - Jul 18 with 2880 viewsKeno

another one bites the dust…. on 09:37 - Jul 18 by Ewan_Oozami

Probably wise....

what?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

another one bites the dust…. on 09:41 - Jul 18 with 2877 viewswitchdoctor

another one bites the dust…. on 09:37 - Jul 18 by Ewan_Oozami

Probably wise....

only got as far as page 2 😕
[Post edited 18 Jul 2021 9:44]
another one bites the dust…. on 09:48 - Jul 18 with 2816 viewsKropotkin123

Shame given the support for the Rainbow Tractors. Guess this is the thread where they will go to to blame each other for ruining the original point and purpose of the thread.

Hopefully Phil saw the original post and can reach out to Rainbow Tractors and see if there are any minutes that can be written up or developed into a story.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

another one bites the dust…. on 09:50 - Jul 18 with 2774 viewswitchdoctor

another one bites the dust…. on 09:48 - Jul 18 by Kropotkin123

Shame given the support for the Rainbow Tractors. Guess this is the thread where they will go to to blame each other for ruining the original point and purpose of the thread.

Hopefully Phil saw the original post and can reach out to Rainbow Tractors and see if there are any minutes that can be written up or developed into a story.

maybe you can re-post your original post..don’t think anyone would try to derail it this time mate
another one bites the dust…. on 09:52 - Jul 18 with 2754 viewsN2_Blue

Yes I feel it’s a shame that thread has gone for you and the Rainbow Tractors especially as it was showing support and giving them some promotion.

I understand why it was removed however, but it’s a shame the follow up posts can’t be removed leaving just the Original post displaying but locked for further comment.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

another one bites the dust…. on 09:59 - Jul 18 with 2693 viewsJ2BLUE

The meeting was recorded. Hopefully it can be posted. I’ve apologised to Phil and I’d like to apologise to Rainbow Tractors for it taking place on that thread. I did try and avoid it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

another one bites the dust…. on 10:03 - Jul 18 with 2646 viewsgtsb1966

another one bites the dust…. on 09:59 - Jul 18 by J2BLUE

The meeting was recorded. Hopefully it can be posted. I’ve apologised to Phil and I’d like to apologise to Rainbow Tractors for it taking place on that thread. I did try and avoid it.

You have nothing to apologise for. You never used the 'c' word. Right , time to get sunburnt and drunk. Have a good day all.
Login to get fewer ads

another one bites the dust…. on 10:12 - Jul 18 with 2601 viewsStokieBlue

another one bites the dust…. on 09:59 - Jul 18 by J2BLUE

Totally agree with regards to the Rainbow Tractors and their meeting.

However, without wanting to stir it all up again you jumped in pretty quick after Lucan jumped on Badger and then wrote a substantial post on how people were playing for their gangs to get votes which looked a lot like playing to a different gang to get votes.

How is that trying to avoid it? If you were trying to avoid it you would have let it slide and perhaps made your point at an alternative time or even in it's own thread. None of the subsequent posts would then have happened.

For me, there seems to be some quite large double-standards appearing on the board over the last week or two. Perhaps I am analysing things wrong but it seems the ones complaining about a clique pretty much have their own clique they are playing to so it looks pretty hypocritical to me.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

another one bites the dust…. on 10:13 - Jul 18 with 2582 viewsKropotkin123

another one bites the dust…. on 09:52 - Jul 18 by N2_Blue

Yes I feel it’s a shame that thread has gone for you and the Rainbow Tractors especially as it was showing support and giving them some promotion.

I understand why it was removed however, but it’s a shame the follow up posts can’t be removed leaving just the Original post displaying but locked for further comment.

It's not about me, never was, so no worries on that front.

Just out of the number of people who frequent the site and the percentage of people who are LGBTQ+ in the general population, there will be Ipswich fans who are LGBTQ+ visiting the site and it would have been nice for them to see a thread with 30 odd likes supporting a more inclusive Ipswich Town for LGBTQ+ people.

As for deleting parts of threads, Phil has said many times it is difficult and time-consuming to do. Essentially, if we can't play nice, we can't have nice things. Onus is on us.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

another one bites the dust…. on 10:14 - Jul 18 with 2571 viewsDanTheMan

another one bites the dust…. on 10:12 - Jul 18 by StokieBlue

However, without wanting to stir it all up again you jumped in pretty quick after Lucan jumped on Badger and then wrote a substantial post on how people were playing for their gangs to get votes which looked a lot like playing to a different gang to get votes.

How is that trying to avoid it? If you were trying to avoid it you would have let it slide and perhaps made your point at an alternative time or even in it's own thread. None of the subsequent posts would then have happened.

For me, there seems to be some quite large double-standards appearing on the board over the last week or two. Perhaps I am analysing things wrong but it seems the ones complaining about a clique pretty much have their own clique they are playing to so it looks pretty hypocritical to me.

SB

Yup, I'm fairly sure some of those people have accused others of bullying in the last for the exact same thing, lots of people commenting on one particular post that felt aggrieved by, rightly or wrongly.

Really don't know what's got into people lately.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

another one bites the dust…. on 10:16 - Jul 18 with 2523 viewschrismakin

another one bites the dust…. on 10:14 - Jul 18 by DanTheMan

Yup, I'm fairly sure some of those people have accused others of bullying in the last for the exact same thing, lots of people commenting on one particular post that felt aggrieved by, rightly or wrongly.

This is what happens when I dont post alot

Everyones anger went my way historically. If I dont post then people are lost. ;)

Obv just kidding. But it's nice that I'm not the cause of 10 page arguments :)

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

another one bites the dust…. on 10:22 - Jul 18 with 2469 viewsgiant_stow

It's the culture war. People have forgotten how to respectfully disagree. The other side are scum and c'**ts. There's no middle ground and if anyone tries to take it, they must be in the other side.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2021 10:24]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

(No subject) (n/t) on 10:23 - Jul 18 with 2448 viewswitchdoctor

SB

another one bites the dust…. on 10:25 - Jul 18 with 2426 viewsJ2BLUE

SB

This is what I mean. I apologise and say no more and now I have to let your points go or address them and the thread rumbles on again.

I disagree with your take. People are acting like it’s a one off. I have been making the same point for about a year at least and suddenly it’s the other way around and people are losing their minds.

As for the bullying thing this is laughable. A really lazy double standard from people who didn’t give a damn when Spruce and co were chasing people around for years.

I really have nothing else to add. I 100% will not reply again regardless of what people say. Think whatever you like.

Truly impaired.

another one bites the dust…. on 10:30 - Jul 18 with 2364 viewsjaykay

what ! bullying and pile ins still happening on here, after we were all told it was the lefty 3 who started it all.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

another one bites the dust…. on 10:31 - Jul 18 with 2345 viewswitchdoctor

SB

I’m sure J2 can speak for himself but I’d wager he’s the last bloke who would be in a so called clique….and it seems he doesn’t want to drag it all up again..fair enough I’’ve thought..I think he’s just saying what a lot of folk on here have been thinking for a while but probably were reluctant to post for fear of being set upon by a certain faction…
another one bites the dust…. on 10:33 - Jul 18 with 2326 viewsPhilTWTD

Was a very odd thread. No one made any negative comment about the subject, indeed everything was positive. I think the post which caused the issue related to responses previous Rainbow Tractors stories/posts have received, which the poster eventually explained.
another one bites the dust…. on 10:35 - Jul 18 with 2271 viewsPhilTWTD

another one bites the dust…. on 09:52 - Jul 18 by N2_Blue

It takes a while to fillet threads in that manner, so is a bit of a pain to do on a Sunday morning.
another one bites the dust…. on 10:35 - Jul 18 with 2274 viewsDanTheMan

another one bites the dust…. on 10:25 - Jul 18 by J2BLUE

This is what I mean. I apologise and say no more and now I have to let your points go or address them and the thread rumbles on again.

I disagree with your take. People are acting like it’s a one off. I have been making the same point for about a year at least and suddenly it’s the other way around and people are losing their minds.

As for the bullying thing this is laughable. A really lazy double standard from people who didn’t give a damn when Spruce and co were chasing people around for years.

I really have nothing else to add. I 100% will not reply again regardless of what people say. Think whatever you like.

To be clear, I was not accusing you, or anyone else in that thread, of bullying. Badger gives as good as he gets.

My point was that the posting something which causes a flurry of posts from others disagreeing is what has usually been labelled bullying by some in the past.

For me it's just people responding to something they disagree with on a message board.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2021 10:36]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

another one bites the dust…. on 10:36 - Jul 18 with 2249 viewswitchdoctor

another one bites the dust…. on 10:33 - Jul 18 by PhilTWTD

Was a very odd thread. No one made any negative comment about the subject, indeed everything was positive. I think the post which caused the issue related to responses previous Rainbow Tractors stories/posts have received, which the poster eventually explained.

like I’ve said earlier Phil couldn’t the original post be reposted ?.
another one bites the dust…. on 10:37 - Jul 18 with 2233 viewsStokieBlue

another one bites the dust…. on 10:25 - Jul 18 by J2BLUE

That's a pretty revisionist take on what happened in my opinion. Your post in that thread was not trying to avoid anything, it was a two footed lunge at people on the forum you don't agree with and absolutely no better than what you accuse them of doing. How on earth is that trying to avoid anything?

To many I am sure it looked like a post to play to the clique as much as any posts others have criticised playing to a different clique.

I didn't mention bullying so not sure why you brought that up?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

another one bites the dust…. on 10:39 - Jul 18 with 2205 viewsPhilTWTD

another one bites the dust…. on 10:36 - Jul 18 by witchdoctor

like I’ve said earlier Phil couldn’t the original post be reposted ?.

I can't do that but I'm sure the thread could be restarted and continued in the manner in which it originally should have progressed.
another one bites the dust…. on 10:41 - Jul 18 with 2167 viewsJ2BLUE

another one bites the dust…. on 10:37 - Jul 18 by StokieBlue

That's a pretty revisionist take on what happened in my opinion. Your post in that thread was not trying to avoid anything, it was a two footed lunge at people on the forum you don't agree with and absolutely no better than what you accuse them of doing. How on earth is that trying to avoid anything?

To many I am sure it looked like a post to play to the clique as much as any posts others have criticised playing to a different clique.

I didn't mention bullying so not sure why you brought that up?

SB

I will just address the bullying point. Wasn’t aimed at you or Dan. XYZ was the one who started that.

As previously said I won’t be commenting on the rest of it.

Truly impaired.

another one bites the dust…. on 10:41 - Jul 18 with 2159 viewswitchdoctor

another one bites the dust…. on 10:39 - Jul 18 by PhilTWTD

I can't do that but I'm sure the thread could be restarted and continued in the manner in which it originally should have progressed.

hopefully that can be the case..👍
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024