Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Seeing the old place pop up was disarming to say the least 21:46 - Aug 7 with 1643 viewsMullet

Strutting through Ipswich flanked by Steve and Dub it all went from TWTD Reservoir Dogs to a bit Stand By Me once I clapped eyes on Sir Bob an took in the murals. Gob swinging open and trying to ignore the dirt and detritus still hanging over the outer edges of the stands from the old regime, it got fairly nostalgic fairly quickly.

Pushing past people, catching the odd eye of people I thought I recognised, having seen some old faces in the pub and having a lovely time, it was absolute carnage at my usual entrance. Snr had rung me to warn me, but 4 or 5 queues into 2 doors and to get to the turnstile only to be told the old chap didn’t need to see my clean bill of health was a tad underwhelming.

Climbing the steps, seeing a few of the old boys who’ve sat in the same seat since I was a kid are still there, and had made it through thus far was lovely. Taking in the applause for Cook and then the players from all four sides was the kind of build up the performance didn’t really deserve.

Morecambe time wasting from the moment they scored, and the way they narrowed and coiled up like a spring hoping to nick anything was as predictable as it was frustrating. I thought Stockton had enough of a touch on his first one to go down, but to see him walk it through our defence and finish was a massive red flag.

There’s enough through the door so far to suggest we should go up, but the lack of CB and CM options before kick off was a concern. When Toto went off and hid his pain in the collar of his shirt it did raise a fair few questions. He probably knew by the time he’s back at least one CB berth might be gone.

Woolfenden finding himself in Ullathorne territory was as worrying as it was bizarre. I guess making that mistake against a side unlikely to hurt us in the promotion hunt, and this early on is ok. But it was beyond sloppy. Hladky looks a good organiser and a more modern sweeper keeper than Holy. He also distributes the ball well regardless of that second goal.

Donacien must have a hell of an attitude because he just keeps coming back and yet there still doesn’t look like there’s a future for him here. He was fine all round but at centre half against a team looking to do nothing but hurt us, I can’t see him being up to it. If KVY doesn’t manage a run of games, only Burns being so good at RW, he is undroppable surely sees him return at RB?

Apart from one moment where he didn’t doubt himself in the first half Penney looks like a player who doesn’t know if he’s a full back or a winger. In a Cook team, that should be easy to remedy, but initially he and Fraser lacked any sort of understanding, likewise Chaplin came up short with either his choice of run or pass until the first goal.

His knock down for Fraser to finish showed the talent there more clearly. Before that only really Piggott and Evans grazing the wrong side of the woodwork was enough to make us believe we could score. It seemed to show just how much further we need to go to get going.

Of the two central midfielders I thought Harper showed the highest ceiling out of anyone on the pitch today. He started off being very ambitious with his play and that encouraged others to do the same. When we went behind you could see the audaciousness and doubt creep into some of the attempts to unpick Morecambe.

Harper and Evans feel like they already know how to alternate and if he wants to be captain, then not only will his weekly 7/10 standards have to be a minimum, but he’ll have to keep trying to raise those around his. He looks a natural captain and I don’t think that needs to change.

Piggott will score goals once the three behind him are settled and less snatchy, the fact the opposition have made so many more signings than us and looked more together is a cause for concern. Especially when we have so many more options to filter in at some point.

Bonne on the bench surprised me a little. But what a goal and what a moment that was. Not only a great finish but a way to endear yourself immediately and have a little bit of a Hollywood moment on an afternoon that lacked so much glamour.

I’m not Norwood’s biggest fan, but I felt he showed he can be useful at this level in a way we hadn’t seen when he was still allowed to drive his banter bus. The referee was terrible, but maybe we’d just been away so long we forgot that happens at this level. The reducer he missed on Evans was criminal and seeing the irritation on so many of our players as the game went on, did nothing to make him check his judgement.

That said, the first half was woeful and after we looked to fight back around the hour mark to give away our advantages and nick a point, a disappointment. You would hope that soon enough we will be more clinical and professional in pushing past teams looking to stop us winning. If not it’s going to be yet another season learning what this division is like.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Seeing the old place pop up was disarming to say the least on 02:29 - Aug 8 with 1402 viewshoppy

“likewise Chaplin came up short”… not a lot he can do about that, really…

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Seeing the old place pop up was disarming to say the least on 20:00 - Aug 8 with 1063 viewsMullet

Seeing the old place pop up was disarming to say the least on 02:29 - Aug 8 by hoppy

I would like to say I in no way look down on Chaplin. Except physically innit.

Seeing the old place pop up was disarming to say the least on 20:14 - Aug 8 with 1018 viewsbrogansnose

Seeing the old place pop up was disarming to say the least on 20:00 - Aug 8 by Mullet

I would like to say I in no way look down on Chaplin. Except physically innit.

Looked incredibly like Eden Hazard from where I sat and with my dodgy eyes.
Seeing the old place pop up was disarming to say the least on 20:15 - Aug 8 with 1004 viewshype313

Seeing the old place pop up was disarming to say the least on 02:29 - Aug 8 by hoppy

He's your new Tabby, I know you have been bereft since we lost someone of his stature.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Seeing the old place pop up was disarming to say the least on 20:17 - Aug 8 with 997 viewsMullet

Seeing the old place pop up was disarming to say the least on 20:14 - Aug 8 by brogansnose

Looked incredibly like Eden Hazard from where I sat and with my dodgy eyes.

Hazard lite innit

Seeing the old place pop up was disarming to say the least on 20:17 - Aug 8 with 992 viewsMullet

Seeing the old place pop up was disarming to say the least on 20:15 - Aug 8 by hype313

He's your new Tabby, I know you have been bereft since we lost someone of his stature.

Good to see you yesterday mate hope your lad enjoyed it

Seeing the old place pop up was disarming to say the least on 20:25 - Aug 8 with 962 viewsSteve_M

It was a good day yesterday, it's been far too long since watching a match at PR and also in terms of seeing the people in the pub and around the ground.

The football is very much a work in progress, particularly those three behind Pigott and we probably lacked a bit of width on the left from them, Penney overlapped more effectively than KVY though. Bonne's equaliser made up for a lot of what went before but we will need to be better than that by next Saturday - I don't doubt we will though.

The defence is a concern and people are raising expectations on Edmundsen very highly for a player who has yet to play a minute of football for us. We need that experienced head in very soon.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Seeing the old place pop up was disarming to say the least on 20:50 - Aug 8 with 892 viewshype313

Seeing the old place pop up was disarming to say the least on 20:17 - Aug 8 by Mullet

Good to see you yesterday mate hope your lad enjoyed it

You too bud although that rain shower was a pain in the arris! yep he loved it, had a great day which is what I had hoped for.

Hope your journey back was nice and relaxing!

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Login to get fewer ads

Seeing the old place pop up was disarming to say the least on 21:37 - Aug 8 with 782 viewsnodge_blue

He did look a little like Eden Hazard I thought. Pity it was physical rather than playing wise.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Seeing the old place pop up was disarming to say the least on 22:11 - Aug 8 with 695 viewsMullet

Seeing the old place pop up was disarming to say the least on 20:50 - Aug 8 by hype313

You too bud although that rain shower was a pain in the arris! yep he loved it, had a great day which is what I had hoped for.

Hope your journey back was nice and relaxing!

Just got in. It was not! Hopefully next time we can sit at a table in a pub like proper people

Seeing the old place pop up was disarming to say the least on 22:22 - Aug 8 with 659 viewsMullet

Seeing the old place pop up was disarming to say the least on 20:25 - Aug 8 by Steve_M

It was a good day yesterday, it's been far too long since watching a match at PR and also in terms of seeing the people in the pub and around the ground.

The football is very much a work in progress, particularly those three behind Pigott and we probably lacked a bit of width on the left from them, Penney overlapped more effectively than KVY though. Bonne's equaliser made up for a lot of what went before but we will need to be better than that by next Saturday - I don't doubt we will though.

The defence is a concern and people are raising expectations on Edmundsen very highly for a player who has yet to play a minute of football for us. We need that experienced head in very soon.

I’d hope Totos injury expedited any move for a senior CB as he’s needed before yesterday. Will be fascinating to see how Coulson fares if he gets here, I’m a bit baffled by the rave reviews Penney got but maybe that is due to those three being disjointed?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024