Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Two winnable games ? 15:16 - Aug 18 with 1326 viewsHARRY10

MKDons and Wimbledon would have been thought a guaranteed six points in the bag, when 'project pss the league' was in full swing.

PC needs to show he can turn things round during a game. Last night we went ahead and it was 'when will the second goal' come. It didn't, and three points were lost.

It will take time to judge individual players - but Cooks game management is in question. What was Jackson doing on the pitch ?
Two winnable games ? on 15:19 - Aug 18 with 1310 viewsSouperJim

As I put on another thread, I believe Jackson was an attempt to capitalise on counter-attacking opportunities which had started to present themselves in the wake of Tozer's long bomb. We had a couple of situations just prior to his inclusion where sheer pace may well have created a goal scoring opportunity.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Two winnable games ? on 15:26 - Aug 18 with 1273 viewsabracaDOBRA_

I like your optimism but so were Morecombe, Burton and Cheltenham.
Two winnable games ? on 15:27 - Aug 18 with 1274 viewsSomethingBlue

Six points, four as the absolute worst-case minimum, required from these two so that we can push on with plenty of positivity. MK will be tough — Parrott and Eisa a very good strike force that I'd have been happy to see here.

Saw a suggestion Wycombe might be postponed because of internationals, not sure if true but I think in our current situation it'd be no bad thing to have a couple of clear weeks on the training pitch after these two games — so let's hope it is.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2021 15:27]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Two winnable games ? on 15:29 - Aug 18 with 1249 viewssidmouthblue

Two winnable games ? on 15:27 - Aug 18 by SomethingBlue

Six points, four as the absolute worst-case minimum, required from these two so that we can push on with plenty of positivity. MK will be tough — Parrott and Eisa a very good strike force that I'd have been happy to see here.

Saw a suggestion Wycombe might be postponed because of internationals, not sure if true but I think in our current situation it'd be no bad thing to have a couple of clear weeks on the training pitch after these two games — so let's hope it is.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2021 15:27]

Anything less than 4 points should be full on pant wetting time
Two winnable games ? on 15:46 - Aug 18 with 1178 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

On paper.... our strongest test yet!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Two winnable games ? on 16:03 - Aug 18 with 1136 viewsChurchman

Two winnable games ? on 15:46 - Aug 18 by Marshalls_Mullet

On paper.... our strongest test yet!!

I was chatting with somebody at lunchtime who was at the MK Dons game and he reckoned they were excellent. All over Charlton and far better than the shoreline suggests - and he is a Charlton supporter.

We will be up against it.
Two winnable games ? on 16:05 - Aug 18 with 1116 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Two winnable games ? on 16:03 - Aug 18 by Churchman

I was chatting with somebody at lunchtime who was at the MK Dons game and he reckoned they were excellent. All over Charlton and far better than the shoreline suggests - and he is a Charlton supporter.

Parrott and Eisa will be interesting.

Not sure if McEchran gets a game?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Two winnable games ? on 18:31 - Aug 18 with 965 viewsHARRY10

Two winnable games ? on 16:03 - Aug 18 by Churchman

That's the concern - that we should be "up against it".

Some might have urged caution to the 'pss the league' crowd, but I doubt any of them would have predicted one fortuitous point out of nine, and being dumped out of the League Cup by an L2 team.

We need to stop shipping goals - conceding two a game is always going to make things difficult. Two clean sheets over the next two games gives us a chance - if only not to be beaten.
Login to get fewer ads

Two winnable games ? on 21:19 - Aug 18 with 849 viewschrismakin

Two winnable games ? on 15:19 - Aug 18 by SouperJim

As I put on another thread, I believe Jackson was an attempt to capitalise on counter-attacking opportunities which had started to present themselves in the wake of Tozer's long bomb. We had a couple of situations just prior to his inclusion where sheer pace may well have created a goal scoring opportunity.

Is it just me that finds him really fast as he comes on. But then looks slower when the balls in play...

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Two winnable games ? on 21:22 - Aug 18 with 837 viewssaffers12

Two winnable games ? on 21:19 - Aug 18 by chrismakin

Is it just me that finds him really fast as he comes on. But then looks slower when the balls in play...

The subs are an issue for me. we could see at 65 mins that the game was getting away from us. Why not make the subs then, no point having a good squad and not using them
Two winnable games ? on 21:25 - Aug 18 with 828 viewschrismakin

Two winnable games ? on 21:22 - Aug 18 by saffers12

The subs are an issue for me. we could see at 65 mins that the game was getting away from us. Why not make the subs then, no point having a good squad and not using them

The subs or lackoff was our downfall 1000%

I swear he only made the Carroll one so he could say he made his debut lol. It made no sense.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Two winnable games ? on 22:09 - Aug 18 with 775 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I am not sure what planet you are on to think that at any point anyone would have seen MK Dons as a guaranteed 3 points. Most people were suggesting they are going to be promotion rivals so 3 points against them would be a big bonus. Imagine if we go from not being able to beat the top 6 sides to only being able to win against them!

Where did Jackson play? Was it up front or behind the main striker? Did he even touch the ball?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Two winnable games ? on 22:55 - Aug 18 with 700 viewsHARRY10

Two winnable games ? on 22:09 - Aug 18 by Nthsuffolkblue

I am not sure what planet you are on to think that at any point anyone would have seen MK Dons as a guaranteed 3 points. Most people were suggesting they are going to be promotion rivals so 3 points against them would be a big bonus. Imagine if we go from not being able to beat the top 6 sides to only being able to win against them!

Where did Jackson play? Was it up front or behind the main striker? Did he even touch the ball?

I think not.

At the time I was talking about, the mindset of 'we'll pss this league' was quite widespread, and I don't remember much on here about any concern regarding the strength of any of the opposition.

So it is a measure of where are currently rather than the opposition, that comments are now about us snatching a win - rather than a win being something that could be reasonably expected.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024