Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fairly awesome act of stupidity 08:09 - Aug 20 with 1469 viewsGeoffSentence

To allay his daughter's fear of insects, my brother in law put a dead bee on his tongue to prove to them that dead bees can't sting.

They can.
It did.
He ended up in hospital.
They are more scared of insects than ever.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Fairly awesome act of stupidity on 08:17 - Aug 20 with 1418 viewsMerseyBlue

This is the sort of thing that puts me off going to one of those arachnophobia therapies. I'm sure if I had a spider in my hand it would sense my fear and scurry up my arm and onto my face.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Fairly awesome act of stupidity on 08:54 - Aug 20 with 1352 viewsbluelagos

Fairly awesome act of stupidity on 08:17 - Aug 20 by MerseyBlue

This is the sort of thing that puts me off going to one of those arachnophobia therapies. I'm sure if I had a spider in my hand it would sense my fear and scurry up my arm and onto my face.

I am a bit of a wuss with heights. Decided to confront it - and once tried to do a bungee jump, got strapped up, went to the edge of the drop, looked down...and promptly bottled it.

Few years later, I tried again and managed to do one tbf. Much smaller jump (40m v 111m) but I did it.

Didn't work, am still scared of heights.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Fairly awesome act of stupidity on 09:02 - Aug 20 with 1316 viewsMerseyBlue

Fairly awesome act of stupidity on 08:54 - Aug 20 by bluelagos

I am a bit of a wuss with heights. Decided to confront it - and once tried to do a bungee jump, got strapped up, went to the edge of the drop, looked down...and promptly bottled it.

Few years later, I tried again and managed to do one tbf. Much smaller jump (40m v 111m) but I did it.

Well at least you had the balls to try! I've been mulling over the spider therapy thing for years and just can't bring myself to do it. Don't mind the small ones but can't stomach the bulky ones. If I see one of them crawling about then I have to pretty much drop everything to hunt it down or I'm not sleeping.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Fairly awesome act of stupidity on 09:04 - Aug 20 with 1314 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Fairly awesome act of stupidity on 08:54 - Aug 20 by bluelagos

I mean seriously why, just why?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Fairly awesome act of stupidity on 09:12 - Aug 20 with 1283 viewsbluelagos

Fairly awesome act of stupidity on 09:04 - Aug 20 by BanksterDebtSlave

So that was the bungee I bottled it on and was about six months later. The lady landed in a croc infested river and her legs were bungeed/tied together.

She managed to get to the river bank to tell the story.

Fairly awesome act of stupidity on 09:14 - Aug 20 with 1264 viewsGeoffSentence

Fairly awesome act of stupidity on 09:04 - Aug 20 by BanksterDebtSlave

Sure that is not a camera trick? There's probably a safe landing just out of shot.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Fairly awesome act of stupidity on 09:15 - Aug 20 with 1261 viewsbluelagos

Fairly awesome act of stupidity on 09:12 - Aug 20 by bluelagos

So that was the bungee I bottled it on and was about six months later. The lady landed in a croc infested river and her legs were bungeed/tied together.

She managed to get to the river bank to tell the story.

Fairly awesome act of stupidity on 09:22 - Aug 20 with 1236 viewstonybied

Fairly awesome act of stupidity on 09:14 - Aug 20 by GeoffSentence

Sure that is not a camera trick? There's probably a safe landing just out of shot.

It is a camera trick, you can see from the way her hair and his T-shirt hang that they have just tilted the camera and that he is actually stood upright and is supporting her weight.
Login to get fewer ads

Fairly awesome act of stupidity on 09:24 - Aug 20 with 1224 viewsgiant_stow

Mrs ullaa hates this forum, but I showed her your post and she cackled.

We both hope your brother in law is OK and the kid isn't too traumatised.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Fairly awesome act of stupidity on 09:24 - Aug 20 with 1224 viewsNthQldITFC

Fairly awesome act of stupidity on 08:17 - Aug 20 by MerseyBlue

They generally head for the armpit, where they will set up a nest and lay their eggs.

Happy scratching!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Fairly awesome act of stupidity on 09:28 - Aug 20 with 1207 viewsChondzoresk

I used to keep Mantids and a stick insects, fascinating creatures. I love em! If you going to put a bee on your tongue then you have got to be stupid. Condolences to the bee.
Fairly awesome act of stupidity on 09:41 - Aug 20 with 1162 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Fairly awesome act of stupidity on 09:14 - Aug 20 by GeoffSentence

Who cares? You wouldn't even catch me standing where she is.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Fairly awesome act of stupidity on 10:23 - Aug 20 with 1100 viewsMerseyBlue

Fairly awesome act of stupidity on 09:24 - Aug 20 by NthQldITFC

They generally head for the armpit, where they will set up a nest and lay their eggs.

Happy scratching!

Sigh.

Time to check in for another full body wax.

Fairly awesome act of stupidity on 10:39 - Aug 20 with 1061 viewsSwansea_Blue

Brilliant . Well, not for them obviously.

The venom (is it called venom in bees?) is still active even though the bee is dead isn't it? So he would have got away with it if he hadn't pricked himself on the sting. Don't wasps also have a delayed convulsions in their stinger even after they are dead too; not sure if bees ar ehte same. I don't really know much about bees, although I wouldn't be daft enough to try what he did!

I hope he's OK!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Fairly awesome act of stupidity on 10:47 - Aug 20 with 1040 viewsGuthrum

Fairly awesome act of stupidity on 09:28 - Aug 20 by Chondzoresk

I used to keep Mantids and a stick insects, fascinating creatures. I love em! If you going to put a bee on your tongue then you have got to be stupid. Condolences to the bee.

Stick insects are amazing. My brother used to keep them when he was young.

They used to keep escaping and you'd see them on the ceiling, rocking back and forth. Some of them grew very big.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Fairly awesome act of stupidity on 22:23 - Aug 20 with 918 viewsfactual_blue

His Darwin Award is in the post.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Fairly awesome act of stupidity on 23:35 - Aug 20 with 860 viewsRyorry

My late Mum got stung by a wasp lurking in a plum she ate & nearly died. She had an allergic reaction & her tongue swelled up, almost choking her. Luckily we were on the phone (many households weren't in the 1960s), our GP 4 miles away was in & at our house within 10 mins to give her an anti-histamine shot, having told her to suck ice cubes meanwhile.

Never try these stunts at home kids!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Fairly awesome act of stupidity on 23:37 - Aug 20 with 853 viewsWarsaw_blue

Fat fingers meant to be an uppy.

Turning and turning in the widening gyre The falcon cannot hear the falconer; Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,

Fairly awesome act of stupidity on 23:52 - Aug 20 with 821 viewsGodzilla

Fairly awesome act of stupidity on 10:47 - Aug 20 by Guthrum

Stick insects are amazing. My brother used to keep them when he was young.

They used to keep escaping and you'd see them on the ceiling, rocking back and forth. Some of them grew very big.

I had a couple of stick insects too (11-12), but soon got bored of their lack of point and occasionally rocking, so let them loose on the ivy bush on our oil tank. As we lived up north their chances of survival were slim My kid sister had a terrapin, an equally useless pet that is probably still eating ducklings in the local stream.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024