Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cheap copy’s being sold an eBay 08:12 - Jul 7 with 3569 viewsBig_Jase

Just in case anyone is duped, these are copies being sold on eBay for £45 quid, these are sourced from china for £12 and the quality and sizing will be way off.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/125997575674?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-12763

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/125997576266?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-12763

If you have already bought any of these you will be able to get the money back from eBay, even if you have received your item.

[Post edited 7 Jul 2023 8:15]

Poll: Who would actually care if Norwich responded with a plane banner?

Cheap copy’s being sold an eBay on 08:20 - Jul 7 with 3469 viewsArnieM

You’d think eBay would be doing something about these Chinese fraudsters wouldn’t you.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Cheap copy’s being sold an eBay on 08:22 - Jul 7 with 3455 viewsMetal_Hacker

Cheap copy’s being sold an eBay on 08:20 - Jul 7 by ArnieM

You’d think eBay would be doing something about these Chinese fraudsters wouldn’t you.

I think essentially if some reports them for selling fraudulent goods eBay are quite quick at cutting traders off if it's quite obvious - such as this

Poll: If it were one or the other

Cheap copy’s being sold an eBay on 08:26 - Jul 7 with 3438 viewsBig_Jase

Cheap copy’s being sold an eBay on 08:22 - Jul 7 by Metal_Hacker

I think essentially if some reports them for selling fraudulent goods eBay are quite quick at cutting traders off if it's quite obvious - such as this

Yeah I have reported them this morning, if more people do the same these will be quickly removed.

Cheap copy’s being sold an eBay on 09:56 - Jul 7 with 3231 viewsHighgateBlue

That last point would tend to indicate that eBay has a big incentive to stop this.

Is it maybe also worth informing the club? I would think they could get this shut down quicker than ordinary punters.
Cheap copy’s being sold an eBay on 09:59 - Jul 7 with 3203 viewsWeirdFishes

Cheap copy’s being sold an eBay on 09:56 - Jul 7 by HighgateBlue

That last point would tend to indicate that eBay has a big incentive to stop this.

Is it maybe also worth informing the club? I would think they could get this shut down quicker than ordinary punters.

You can buy virtually any football shirt on DHGate, don’t think Ipswich Town are going to get them shut down anytime soon.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Cheap copy’s being sold an eBay on 10:07 - Jul 7 with 3164 viewsitfcjoe

Cheap copy’s being sold an eBay on 09:59 - Jul 7 by WeirdFishes

You can buy virtually any football shirt on DHGate, don’t think Ipswich Town are going to get them shut down anytime soon.

If the big corporate behemoths can't then we have no hope

I ordered one the other day to compare the quality of them compared to the real ones I've bought

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Cheap copy’s being sold an eBay on 10:17 - Jul 7 with 3095 viewsWeirdFishes

Cheap copy’s being sold an eBay on 10:07 - Jul 7 by itfcjoe

I ordered one the other day to compare the quality of them compared to the real ones I've bought

Im tempted to get one too, always wanted a fake Ipswich shirt to make me feel like we’re one of the big boys.

Some of the shirts I’ve got from there in the past you cannot tell the difference.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Cheap copy’s being sold an eBay on 10:18 - Jul 7 with 3087 viewsBig_Jase

I haven’t got a massive problem if people want to buy the cheap copies, that’s up to them. But I do have a problem if people are trying to sell them at a massive mark up, if people want to get them for 12 quid and didn’t know how to, I’d be happy to show them.

Personally I’ve had a couple of copies before of older international shirts and the quality has been pretty poor.

Login to get fewer ads

Cheap copy’s being sold an eBay on 11:49 - Jul 7 with 2931 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Cheap copy’s being sold an eBay on 10:18 - Jul 7 by Big_Jase

I haven’t got a massive problem if people want to buy the cheap copies, that’s up to them. But I do have a problem if people are trying to sell them at a massive mark up, if people want to get them for 12 quid and didn’t know how to, I’d be happy to show them.

Personally I’ve had a couple of copies before of older international shirts and the quality has been pretty poor.

“ I’ve had a couple of copies before of older international shirts and the quality has been pretty poor”

You’d have thought a 10 year old would take more pride in their craftsmanship.
Cheap copy’s being sold an eBay on 11:54 - Jul 7 with 2917 viewsWicklowBlue

Seem to have been removed now.
Cheap copy’s being sold an eBay on 13:30 - Jul 7 with 2765 viewsBloomBlue

But aren't the 'genuine' ones made in China
Cheap copy’s being sold an eBay on 13:46 - Jul 7 with 2706 viewsHighgateBlue

Nobody has suggested getting DHGate or eBay shut down. DHGate is a marketplace, as eBay is. There would be no need to shut down DHGate in order to prevent individual sellers from selling counterfeit or stolen goods.

Secondly, I quite appreciate that engaging with DHGate may well be too difficult and too futile to bother with.

But eBay is a different matter. They're not bad at getting things like this taken down, which is borne out by the fact that the offending items have been removed just a couple of hours after this post was put up. As a general rule I would shop on eBay (not for something like this), but would not use DHGate. I suspect there are potential customers who may have been tempted to buy this from eBay who would not have used DHGate.

So getting the ad taken down was sensible, and seemingly easy. If the supporters' defence of high kit prices is that it helps swell the club's coffers, all well and good. It is that swelling which is threatened by counterfeit or otherwise unlawful third party sales.
Cheap copy’s being sold an eBay on 13:51 - Jul 7 with 2690 viewsemergencylime

Cheap copy’s being sold an eBay on 08:26 - Jul 7 by Big_Jase

Yeah I have reported them this morning, if more people do the same these will be quickly removed.

Those links are dead for me now

Edit: not that i was about to bid! More out of curiosity. Saw some Liverpool kits at a car boot recently and i could’ve been fooled without giving them a thorough inspection
[Post edited 7 Jul 2023 13:53]

Poll: Another Tragical Vegas poll. Would you rather?

Cheap copy’s being sold an eBay on 15:30 - Jul 7 with 2528 viewsbritbiker

Have bought cheap NFL shirts from abroad which is ok when it's a one off game your at and your not really a fan of either team. Cost about a third of the real thing. Quality is no where near as good. Especially the stitching.

The NFL game shirts are very expensive but the quality is great and a shirt could last you a life time.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2023 15:32]
Cheap copy’s being sold an eBay on 15:40 - Jul 7 with 2495 viewshunty21

What abkut the Switzerland sources shirts for 30 quid?
Cheap copy’s being sold an eBay on 15:46 - Jul 7 with 2465 viewsBig_Jase

Cheap copy’s being sold an eBay on 13:30 - Jul 7 by BloomBlue

But aren't the 'genuine' ones made in China

There is always a difference in quality, the point in my post was to stop fans getting ripped off. As I said if people want to get the cheaper product that’s up to them, but pay £12 quid for it, not £45 of someone trying to make a quick buck.

Cheap copy’s being sold an eBay on 16:00 - Jul 7 with 2425 viewsMetal_Hacker

Cheap copy’s being sold an eBay on 15:46 - Jul 7 by Big_Jase

There is always a difference in quality, the point in my post was to stop fans getting ripped off. As I said if people want to get the cheaper product that’s up to them, but pay £12 quid for it, not £45 of someone trying to make a quick buck.

With reference to “being made in China “ I think that’s slowly becoming a thing of the past anyway

Chinese wages have risen significantly recently making manufacturing product there more expensive than ever

A lot of manufacturing is moving to Africa cause it’s cheaper

A lot of counterfeit stuff is made in Turkey and North Africa I believe

Either way , you are so right. Making a massive killing on a counterfeit product isn’t good without even taking the back story into account. Quality is one issue but more importantly so are working conditions

Cheap copy’s being sold an eBay on 20:52 - Jul 16 with 1695 viewsStudentBlue

Cheap copy’s being sold an eBay on 10:07 - Jul 7 by itfcjoe

Any feedback on the knock off shirts for those that ordered them?

Poll: How will you be voting tomorrow?

Cheap copy’s being sold an eBay on 21:03 - Jul 16 with 1623 viewsMetal_Hacker

Cheap copy’s being sold an eBay on 20:52 - Jul 16 by StudentBlue

My feedback would be support your club then there’s no questions

Cheap copy’s being sold an eBay on 21:09 - Jul 16 with 1593 viewsitfcjoe

Cheap copy’s being sold an eBay on 20:52 - Jul 16 by StudentBlue

Not received yet, although wore home one for first time today and it’s a very different feel from the away one so there isn’t seemingly an Umbro standard to hit

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024