Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Executed for playing volleyball (possibly) 21:58 - Oct 22 with 1654 viewsNthsuffolkblue

https://metro.co.uk/2021/10/21/taliban-beheads-member-of-womens-youth-volleyball

Although it is left wing to care about human rights abuses so we are told.

Title edited in light of post further down questioning the accuracy of the report here.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2021 14:13]

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Executed for playing volleyball on 22:02 - Oct 22 with 1612 viewsSwansea_Blue

Fks sake. Horrendous if true. It’s bleedin obvious what’s going to happen over there, but who cares now?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Executed for playing volleyball on 22:33 - Oct 22 with 1536 viewsXYZ

Executed for playing volleyball on 22:02 - Oct 22 by Swansea_Blue

Fks sake. Horrendous if true. It’s bleedin obvious what’s going to happen over there, but who cares now?

Not Dom Raab, that's for sure.

Warned for months what was happening; goes on holiday ...
Executed for playing volleyball on 22:45 - Oct 22 with 1504 viewsJ2BLUE

Sorry, who said it's left wing to care about human rights abuses?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Executed for playing volleyball on 22:51 - Oct 22 with 1481 viewsSwansea_Blue

Executed for playing volleyball on 22:33 - Oct 22 by XYZ

Not Dom Raab, that's for sure.

Warned for months what was happening; goes on holiday ...

It’s very sad. They were making some good progress, such as women being able to go to uni, train for careers, take decent jobs, and basically be free to live curious and unrestricted lives. All gone.

For all the good of Biden ousting Trump, this taints his whole presidency for me. They’ve shown a wilful disregard for human rights and life. I’m more angry with Biden than Raab, who although useless is pretty much a lackey to the USA in this (we couldn’t change anything unilaterally and he’s so hopeless he’s probably best out of the way!).

Executed for playing volleyball on 23:53 - Oct 22 with 1407 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Executed for playing volleyball on 22:45 - Oct 22 by J2BLUE

Hoping for a big win for Tottenham ... by Nthsuffolkblue 17 Oct 2021 16:26
and that there will be protests too.

"Iwasthere". End of second page.

Executed for playing volleyball on 08:34 - Oct 23 with 1211 viewsWeWereZombies

Executed for playing volleyball on 22:02 - Oct 22 by Swansea_Blue

As you say 'horrendous if true'. I've had a squint on the Beeb and AlJazerra but cannot see anything about this story (although there is plenty of other stuff critical of how things are going under the Taliban); I did find a. sort of, positive story about Qatar and football (unsurprisingly on AlJazeera) though:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/10/15/afghanistan-footballers-qatar-fifa

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Executed for playing volleyball on 09:06 - Oct 23 with 1157 viewsGlasgowBlue

Executed for playing volleyball on 23:53 - Oct 22 by Nthsuffolkblue

What made you think that using this young woman’s tragic and senseless death was appropriate fir scoring points against another board user?

We rarely agree on much politically, but you’ve always come across as a decent and considerate poster. This is out of character.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Executed for playing volleyball on 09:35 - Oct 23 with 1111 viewsBurns7

Executed for playing volleyball on 22:45 - Oct 22 by J2BLUE

Well it's a million times worse then the George Floyd murder, and the motivation is just as evil yet the only thing I have seen about it is on a football forum. Not a word of outrage anywhere, no justice being demanded, just an acceptance of that's how it is. It therefore seems some people only care about specific abuses of human rights in a specific country, because if its not being shouted about on Twitter, they don't care about it and that is a sad state of the influencer era of politics.
Login to get fewer ads

Executed for playing volleyball on 10:17 - Oct 23 with 1061 viewsbournemouthblue

Executed for playing volleyball on 22:51 - Oct 22 by Swansea_Blue

It’s very sad. They were making some good progress, such as women being able to go to uni, train for careers, take decent jobs, and basically be free to live curious and unrestricted lives. All gone.

For all the good of Biden ousting Trump, this taints his whole presidency for me. They’ve shown a wilful disregard for human rights and life. I’m more angry with Biden than Raab, who although useless is pretty much a lackey to the USA in this (we couldn’t change anything unilaterally and he’s so hopeless he’s probably best out of the way!).

Trump was bragging he would have withdrawn even sooner and then deleted these tweets following the disaster it has become

It's staggering how America left Afghanistan so ill prepared for the Taliban

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Executed for playing volleyball on 10:23 - Oct 23 with 1039 viewsnoggin

Executed for playing volleyball on 09:35 - Oct 23 by Burns7

Well it's a million times worse then the George Floyd murder, and the motivation is just as evil yet the only thing I have seen about it is on a football forum. Not a word of outrage anywhere, no justice being demanded, just an acceptance of that's how it is. It therefore seems some people only care about specific abuses of human rights in a specific country, because if its not being shouted about on Twitter, they don't care about it and that is a sad state of the influencer era of politics.

The difference with the GF case is that it happened in America, the land of the free, where there are no human rights abuses, apparently.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Executed for playing volleyball on 10:26 - Oct 23 with 1032 viewsDarth_Koont

Executed for playing volleyball on 10:17 - Oct 23 by bournemouthblue

Trump was bragging he would have withdrawn even sooner and then deleted these tweets following the disaster it has become

It's staggering how America left Afghanistan so ill prepared for the Taliban

Clearly, after 20 years of occupation and “nation building”, the failure was just waiting to be exposed when they left. Not really sure how the withdrawal could be handled differently given what they failed to achieve in two decades before that.

Different era and situation but almost exactly the same “we’re winning the war” hubris in Vietnam to acceptance of utter failure when the troops leave and they have to drop the pretence of success.

Pronouns: He/Him

Executed for playing volleyball on 10:33 - Oct 23 with 1007 viewsDarth_Koont

Executed for playing volleyball on 08:34 - Oct 23 by WeWereZombies

As you say 'horrendous if true'. I've had a squint on the Beeb and AlJazerra but cannot see anything about this story (although there is plenty of other stuff critical of how things are going under the Taliban); I did find a. sort of, positive story about Qatar and football (unsurprisingly on AlJazeera) though:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/10/15/afghanistan-footballers-qatar-fifa

Yeah, there may be a lot more to this than how the Metro article frames it. There are a whole bunch of competing sources and stories here.

https://www.latestly.com/world/afghan-woman-volleyball-player-mahjabin-hakimi-be

There’s no doubt her death is a terrible tragedy however it happened. And a reflection of a violence and intolerance that shouldn’t have a place in 2021.

Pronouns: He/Him

Executed for playing volleyball on 10:44 - Oct 23 with 970 viewsXYZ

Executed for playing volleyball on 22:51 - Oct 22 by Swansea_Blue

Biden didn't stop Raab using months of UK intelligence reports about the Taliban's strength to plan an evacuate those that provided life-saving support to UK troops.

He went on holiday and left them to the inevitable gruesome consequences.

I'm with you on Biden. I'm not sure what leeway he had after what Trump left him with, but there must have been better choices than the one he took.
Executed for playing volleyball on 10:57 - Oct 23 with 942 viewsSwansea_Blue

Executed for playing volleyball on 10:44 - Oct 23 by XYZ

Biden didn't stop Raab using months of UK intelligence reports about the Taliban's strength to plan an evacuate those that provided life-saving support to UK troops.

He went on holiday and left them to the inevitable gruesome consequences.

I'm with you on Biden. I'm not sure what leeway he had after what Trump left him with, but there must have been better choices than the one he took.

Yeah, that's true enough. Raab certainly didn't do the people of Afghanistan any favours at all.

There have been some good voices around with the likes of Johnny Mercer, but nowhere near enough.

Executed for playing volleyball on 11:26 - Oct 23 with 910 viewsBurns7

Executed for playing volleyball on 10:23 - Oct 23 by noggin

The difference with the GF case is that it happened in America, the land of the free, where there are no human rights abuses, apparently.

That's my point though, especially in the UK with teenagers hanging onto every word of American news and politicians our future here doesn't bode very well. What happened there was sick, absolutely vile, but it's the tip of the iceberg globally and we should be tackling it all.
Executed for playing volleyball on 13:45 - Oct 23 with 827 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Executed for playing volleyball on 09:06 - Oct 23 by GlasgowBlue

What made you think that using this young woman’s tragic and senseless death was appropriate fir scoring points against another board user?

We rarely agree on much politically, but you’ve always come across as a decent and considerate poster. This is out of character.

Nope not point scoring.

Looking for you and other right wingers to explain why caring about human rights abuses is left wing, yes.

No point scoring and not intending to use any specific human rights abuses for any at all. Feel free to be decent and say you do agree that human rights abuses are wrong whatever your political position. Or feel free to excuse the position claimed.

Human rights abuses (this one included) are wrong per se, aren't they? Or will you do another of your persistent swerves and make this about "point scoring" instead.

Executed for playing volleyball on 13:48 - Oct 23 with 818 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Executed for playing volleyball on 09:35 - Oct 23 by Burns7

Not entirely sure of the point you are trying to make here. Are you saying we should not be making anything of situations like George Floyd's death? Or are you saying we should be making more of those in Afghanistan and other countries? If it is the former, then you are wrong. If the latter, then absolutely right. EDIT: Your reply above appears to suggest it is the latter. I agree. Much that goes unreported or less reported. As an example see the question below.

Interestingly, what is the worst ever industrial disaster?
[Post edited 23 Oct 2021 13:54]

Executed for playing volleyball on 13:52 - Oct 23 with 812 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Executed for playing volleyball on 10:33 - Oct 23 by Darth_Koont

Yeah, there may be a lot more to this than how the Metro article frames it. There are a whole bunch of competing sources and stories here.

https://www.latestly.com/world/afghan-woman-volleyball-player-mahjabin-hakimi-be

There’s no doubt her death is a terrible tragedy however it happened. And a reflection of a violence and intolerance that shouldn’t have a place in 2021.

Thanks for sharing. Interesting read. Might be more cautious to accept Metro reports off the back of this. Understood them to have decent standards of journalism until this.

Executed for playing volleyball on 15:54 - Oct 23 with 697 viewsJ2BLUE

Executed for playing volleyball on 13:45 - Oct 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

Nope not point scoring.

Looking for you and other right wingers to explain why caring about human rights abuses is left wing, yes.

No point scoring and not intending to use any specific human rights abuses for any at all. Feel free to be decent and say you do agree that human rights abuses are wrong whatever your political position. Or feel free to excuse the position claimed.

Human rights abuses (this one included) are wrong per se, aren't they? Or will you do another of your persistent swerves and make this about "point scoring" instead.

Based on one poster?

Truly impaired.

Executed for playing volleyball on 16:05 - Oct 23 with 651 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Executed for playing volleyball on 15:54 - Oct 23 by J2BLUE

Based on one poster?

I asked the question on the other thread. So far no one has denied it.

I don't believe all right wing supporters think that way but the silence is deafening.

Would you describe yourself as centrist in your politics? (I don't follow who is who that closely on here to be sure but get that impression.) If so, you would say caring about human rights is not a left policy - wouldn't you? Or am I wrong? Is it actually a left wing view?

Executed for playing volleyball on 16:16 - Oct 23 with 617 viewsJ2BLUE

Executed for playing volleyball on 16:05 - Oct 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

I asked the question on the other thread. So far no one has denied it.

I don't believe all right wing supporters think that way but the silence is deafening.

Would you describe yourself as centrist in your politics? (I don't follow who is who that closely on here to be sure but get that impression.) If so, you would say caring about human rights is not a left policy - wouldn't you? Or am I wrong? Is it actually a left wing view?

No idea how I would describe myself. Pick and mix from across the spectrum I guess. The one thing I want from political debate is consistency. This culture of it being ok if our side does it drives me mad.

I don't think the left care more about human rights abuses.

You want to talk about defeating silence? When Jo Cox was murdered this forum lit up with how the right had to take responsibility for creating a toxic environment. When a Tory is murdered those same posters who have been calling all Tories nazis or scum, anyone who voted for them scum and happily encouraging people to punch a nazi etc etc haven't said a single word about the toxic environment they helped create. I waited to see if anyone would mention it. Not one of them.

Frankly if you're looking for decent honest political debate then we won't find it here. This forum is an echo chamber with double standards.

This post will either be ignored or one of them will reply with some mental gymnastics justifying why it's not the same and the rest will then come out from under their rocks to agree with them.

Truly impaired.

Executed for playing volleyball on 16:20 - Oct 23 with 593 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Executed for playing volleyball on 16:16 - Oct 23 by J2BLUE

No idea how I would describe myself. Pick and mix from across the spectrum I guess. The one thing I want from political debate is consistency. This culture of it being ok if our side does it drives me mad.

I don't think the left care more about human rights abuses.

You want to talk about defeating silence? When Jo Cox was murdered this forum lit up with how the right had to take responsibility for creating a toxic environment. When a Tory is murdered those same posters who have been calling all Tories nazis or scum, anyone who voted for them scum and happily encouraging people to punch a nazi etc etc haven't said a single word about the toxic environment they helped create. I waited to see if anyone would mention it. Not one of them.

Frankly if you're looking for decent honest political debate then we won't find it here. This forum is an echo chamber with double standards.

This post will either be ignored or one of them will reply with some mental gymnastics justifying why it's not the same and the rest will then come out from under their rocks to agree with them.

I think this is exactly why I would describe you as a centrist. It is good to know you (as I expected) decry human rights abuses and do not associate with politics of the left.

I agree with much of what you say re Jo Cox and some posters' comments too.

It just disappoints me that there are those who would readily describe themselves as right wing who do not see anything wrong with human rights abuses at all.

Executed for playing volleyball on 16:29 - Oct 23 with 557 viewsbazza

Executed for playing volleyball on 23:53 - Oct 22 by Nthsuffolkblue

Youve been desperate to drag people in to that..
Executed for playing volleyball on 16:41 - Oct 23 with 523 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Executed for playing volleyball on 16:29 - Oct 23 by bazza

Youve been desperate to drag people in to that..

Or desperate to get someone with your political views to simply say "no. human rights abuses are wrong".

But you haven't.

Executed for playing volleyball on 16:47 - Oct 23 with 502 viewsbazza

Executed for playing volleyball on 16:41 - Oct 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

Or desperate to get someone with your political views to simply say "no. human rights abuses are wrong".

But you haven't.

My political views? What political views would they be.?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024