Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In most successful teams 19:21 - Aug 14 with 1698 viewscbower

A settled centre back pairing who know each others' game and combine well with a consistent goalkeeper are the positions that are most rarely rotated. Until we get that, we will stutter. If we buy Burgess then I'd guess Cook sees him and Edmundson as his initial pairing. Let's hope they flourish quite quickly.

bluescouser

In most successful teams on 19:28 - Aug 14 with 1662 viewsbluehook

Let’s hope Edmundson is eventually fit enough to start a bloody game!
In most successful teams on 19:44 - Aug 14 with 1613 viewsITFCBlues

What is the situation with Edmundson? Did he arrive injured?

I've just checked and he seems to have played a full part in pre season for rangers.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

In most successful teams on 20:14 - Aug 14 with 1567 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

In most successful teams on 19:28 - Aug 14 by bluehook

Let’s hope Edmundson is eventually fit enough to start a bloody game!

...and when he does, let's hope he's good.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

In most successful teams on 20:19 - Aug 14 with 1542 viewschrismakin

In most successful teams on 20:14 - Aug 14 by Marshalls_Mullet

...and when he does, let's hope he's good.

Had a look up on him.. fans were split. Some said he was solid. Others said he couldn't move.

All I want is 1 hoof it av it defender who doesnt give a sht. Next to a ball player but awake defender.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

In most successful teams on 20:31 - Aug 14 with 1523 viewsNthsuffolkblue

We need good understandings and partnerships all over the pitch. We then need players who can come in and work well in place of those who are missing too.

I would imagine Burgess and Edmundson would be the pairing in defence.

What we have sorely missed for so long is playing as a team.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

In most successful teams on 22:50 - Aug 14 with 1452 viewskizaitfc

Spot on!

I won't judge this squad until we have a settled 2 cbs and wolf and Donacien will never be that

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

In most successful teams on 22:57 - Aug 14 with 1426 viewsLankHenners

The type of football Cook likes to play asks an awful lot of the CBs, both in terms of how much space they have to cover and their distribution of the ball. This requires a serious level of concentration and discipline best learned through thorough repetition of drills and instructions.

It's therefore not great that this is the area of recruitment that has taken the longest amount of time to sort out, and we're in a situation where the likely two starters for this position haven't played a single minute of football for us between them, with one of them not even officially signed yet.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

In most successful teams on 23:25 - Aug 14 with 1386 viewsHighgateBlue

In most successful teams on 22:50 - Aug 14 by kizaitfc

Spot on!

I won't judge this squad until we have a settled 2 cbs and wolf and Donacien will never be that

Will you judge Cook if he doesn't give us a settled CB pairing until far too late?
Login to get fewer ads

In most successful teams on 23:35 - Aug 14 with 1360 viewsQuilterstown

In most successful teams on 22:50 - Aug 14 by kizaitfc

Spot on!

Wolf and Donacien are just a temporary fix. We won't see much of either after five games.
In most successful teams on 23:56 - Aug 14 with 1326 viewspointofblue

In most successful teams on 23:25 - Aug 14 by HighgateBlue

Will you judge Cook if he doesn't give us a settled CB pairing until far too late?

Depends if the lack of settled partnership is down to him or just because we've struggled to get anyone in (and when we do, they're crocked).

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

In most successful teams on 07:02 - Aug 15 with 1227 viewsstevieg

In most successful teams on 20:31 - Aug 14 by Nthsuffolkblue

We need good understandings and partnerships all over the pitch. We then need players who can come in and work well in place of those who are missing too.

I would imagine Burgess and Edmundson would be the pairing in defence.

What we have sorely missed for so long is playing as a team.

My only concern is that both Edmundson and Burgess are left sided which doesn’t make for a balanced pairing.
In most successful teams on 08:52 - Aug 15 with 1138 viewspointofblue

In most successful teams on 07:02 - Aug 15 by stevieg

My only concern is that both Edmundson and Burgess are left sided which doesn’t make for a balanced pairing.

My other concerns are Burgess is used to playing on the left of a three whilst Edmundson only has a handful of games experience at this level or higher. Whilst we’ve brought in experience or raw talent in midfield and attack we’ve taken a real gamble with our defence.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

In most successful teams on 09:03 - Aug 15 with 1119 viewsfranz_tyson

In most successful teams on 22:57 - Aug 14 by LankHenners

The type of football Cook likes to play asks an awful lot of the CBs, both in terms of how much space they have to cover and their distribution of the ball. This requires a serious level of concentration and discipline best learned through thorough repetition of drills and instructions.

It's therefore not great that this is the area of recruitment that has taken the longest amount of time to sort out, and we're in a situation where the likely two starters for this position haven't played a single minute of football for us between them, with one of them not even officially signed yet.

Agree it does ask a lot of the CB’s. With the full backs instructed to go forward, then we’re very vulnerable to the break. The CB’s and the two CM’s in front of them are going to be critical and they’re going to have to be on their game all the time.
Would have been better if we’d got these 4 positions sorted out quicker. I’ve got no problems waiting for attacking players to gel, but these positions are really the backbone of the team. If we get these sorted, then I’d back us to scrape wins whilst the team is getting to know each other.
In most successful teams on 22:14 - Jan 9 with 737 viewsGlasgowBlue

In most successful teams on 23:35 - Aug 14 by Quilterstown

Wolf and Donacien are just a temporary fix. We won't see much of either after five games.

You were saying?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024