Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Feels like a BIG game today... 10:41 - Jan 15 with 1062 viewsunstableblue

... despite Bolton's recent form they are a far stronger team than the Gills and a different proposition to Wycombe (as McKenna has stated)

So the new system, shape and ethos is going to get tested in a new way.

Also our players have been playing with that new manager bounce energy and desire... that will fall away and is never sustainable.

For me we should win, given our players versus theirs, given that we now have an effective system, and given the confidence of another win.

If we do win, then for me this is a true play-off push, draw and we go to the next game, lose and its a step back, and giving McKenna the leeway that he is still learning and building.

But maintaining or eroding the 8 point gap is the mission, today, Accrington, Weds, MK are the harder games in what I see as a very good of fixtures with a LOT of 3 points up for grabs:

15 Jan 15:00 Bolton Wanderers
22 Jan 15:00 Accrington Stanley
25 Jan 19:45 AFC Wimbledon
29 Jan 15:00 Sheffield Wednesday

5 Feb 15:00 Gillingham
8 Feb 19:45 Doncaster Rovers
12 Feb 15:00 MK Dons
19 Feb 15:00 Burton Albion
22 Feb 19:45 Cheltenham Town
26 Feb 15:00 Morecambe

Enjoy it those who are going, great effort, COYFB

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Feels like a BIG game today... on 11:43 - Jan 15 with 937 viewsjayessess

This is the run, isn't it. 10 games, 6 in the bottom half, only 2 in the top 10.
20 points would put us in touching distance of the Top 6 by March, any less and its probably game over.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Feels like a BIG game today... on 11:57 - Jan 15 with 891 viewsDarth_Koont

On the plus side, I don’t think our right side of defence will ever have as bad a game as that. Afolayan is a good player but, with KVY devoid of confidence and Edmundson not match-fit or match-sharp, we made him look like Luis Figo.

Hopefully, the players will be looking to settle that score today.

Pronouns: He/Him

Feels like a BIG game today... on 12:05 - Jan 15 with 854 viewsRonFearonsHair

A similar run of games to the 'favourable' start to the season we had. Let's hope we make it count this time.
Feels like a BIG game today... on 12:24 - Jan 15 with 791 viewsunstableblue

Feels like a BIG game today... on 11:57 - Jan 15 by Darth_Koont

On the plus side, I don’t think our right side of defence will ever have as bad a game as that. Afolayan is a good player but, with KVY devoid of confidence and Edmundson not match-fit or match-sharp, we made him look like Luis Figo.

I hear you Darth

It was a shambles

If it had been on match of the day - there’d have talked and marked up that huge gap between KVY and the central defence and his general I’ll judgement

Not sure he’s recovered from that performance

The back three will hopefully resolve this

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Feels like a BIG game today... on 12:39 - Jan 15 with 741 viewschrismakin

I know some said this is only Bolton, but I do think today is the first time we'll see KM's real tactical differences to previous managers

One of the descriptions of his training at utd was setting them up as opponents to show weakness areas. In the manager training video, he's put Harper at RB in one of the drills. On similarity terms, Harpers of similar ilk to Boltons RB choices in regards to athletism. I think we'll see alot of personal battles today

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Feels like a BIG game today... on 13:09 - Jan 15 with 600 viewsJambo

Feels like a BIG game today... on 11:57 - Jan 15 by Darth_Koont

I really REALLY want us to give them a proper tonking today.

I hate Notlob as much as I do the scum.

That result at home stung.

We need to return the favour.
Feels like a BIG game today... on 13:25 - Jan 15 with 528 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

They are better than the Gills, but that's not saying much.

Bolton are a poor team and we should be winning the match.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024