Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
After Pearson's comments... 16:19 - Jan 20 with 780 viewsOriginalMarkyP

...all I can say to the people lining up to say we've signed a dud is...

...Aluko.

I didn't get him at the time. But look at him now. And look at all the people who wrote off Norwood. Look at Norwood now.

He might be a misfit for Pearson, but who's to say he won't be a gem under KMcK?

Give the player a chance.

He might now work out (if that's the case, fine he's a loanee...he'll go back) he might be perfect. Let's wait and see.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

After Pearson's comments... on 16:35 - Jan 20 with 668 viewsfranz_tyson

Fair enough, but Aluko is a really good pro and has done well at a higher level. Norwood might not be considered a good pro, but his career has gone steadily upwards until us and was well-considered at Tranmere.
Without Pearson’s comments and with feedback from BC fans he seems Harper MKIi . With Pearson’s comments, it feels he’s got an additional attitude problem. If his reputation is as a hard-as-nails enforcer type who can use the ball, I could understand why we’re in for him. But doesn’t seem he’s that kind of player. Seems an odd signing at the moment.
After Pearson's comments... on 16:38 - Jan 20 with 644 viewswkj

After Pearson's comments... on 16:35 - Jan 20 by franz_tyson

Fair enough, but Aluko is a really good pro and has done well at a higher level. Norwood might not be considered a good pro, but his career has gone steadily upwards until us and was well-considered at Tranmere.
Without Pearson’s comments and with feedback from BC fans he seems Harper MKIi . With Pearson’s comments, it feels he’s got an additional attitude problem. If his reputation is as a hard-as-nails enforcer type who can use the ball, I could understand why we’re in for him. But doesn’t seem he’s that kind of player. Seems an odd signing at the moment.

This loan could well be like a trial. I doubt we're keeping Tom Caroll beyond this season, so might be seeing if he's got something about him for next year.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

After Pearson's comments... on 17:25 - Jan 20 with 524 viewsHighgateBlue

I agree of course that he should be given a chance.

The Aluko comparison is not a great one. I think most antipathy today has been regarding (a) the perceived Ashton link, and (b) the Pearson comments. Nobody ever questioned Aluko's attitude. Let's hope that the Pearson comments are just sour grapes. They may well be.

As for Norwood - well done for managing to mention him... but seriously, was anyone questioning his signing before we signed him? I don't remember that happening. I was certainly quite excited by the signing and would surely remember if there was anything like a widespread grump.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024