Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO any Red Hot Chili Peppers fans 18:22 - Jan 28 with 1916 viewsThisIsMyUsername

First snippet of music by John and Flea since 2006.

I'm unbelievably excited.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

FAO any Red Hot Chili Peppers fans on 18:33 - Jan 28 with 1881 viewsBlueBadger

Christ, haven't we suffered enough over the past couple of years without this tiresome frat boy novelty act coming back?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

FAO any Red Hot Chili Peppers fans on 19:54 - Jan 28 with 1788 viewsThisIsMyUsername

FAO any Red Hot Chili Peppers fans on 18:33 - Jan 28 by BlueBadger

Christ, haven't we suffered enough over the past couple of years without this tiresome frat boy novelty act coming back?

In to the clinical waste bin with you.

FAO any Red Hot Chili Peppers fans on 21:14 - Jan 28 with 1715 viewsfactual_blue

These are much better

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

FAO any Red Hot Chili Peppers fans on 22:45 - Jan 28 with 1660 viewshatch

Loved them growing up but never heard more negativity about a band’s live performances as I have theirs. A lot of criticism from people with a deep musical interest too.

I’m happy to enjoy their classics on a summer afternoon but too scared of disappointment from a £100 ticket to see them live.
FAO any Red Hot Chili Peppers fans on 23:10 - Jan 28 with 1642 viewsDevereuxxx

Really this is their last chance saloon for new music. The last two albums have been turgid with very few even remotely notable songs.

The return of John means there's more hope for this album. Even has a big RHCP fan I'm not convinced it'll come together, but at least there's more intrigue. And I've piled in £100 to see them this summer, as at the very least it'll be the band which released By The Way, Californication, Blood Sugar Sex Magic churning out the hits.
FAO any Red Hot Chili Peppers fans on 23:12 - Jan 28 with 1639 viewsJamestownPrince

almost 50 year old, love my Rock and Metal, could never get into them, RHCP and Nirvana.. never understood
FAO any Red Hot Chili Peppers fans on 23:47 - Jan 28 with 1583 viewsFoD_Blue

FAO any Red Hot Chili Peppers fans on 22:45 - Jan 28 by hatch

Loved them growing up but never heard more negativity about a band’s live performances as I have theirs. A lot of criticism from people with a deep musical interest too.

I’m happy to enjoy their classics on a summer afternoon but too scared of disappointment from a £100 ticket to see them live.

Saw them at Reading Festival in (I think) 2007, and they were dire. I was really looking forward to sseing them and left feeling very let down. My sister had seen them a few times previously and said that they were excellent.
Caught them again in 2017 on honeymoon in Dublin and they were superb. So guessing the Reading set was an off day. However, I think that when people are paying good money to see a band, there should be no such thing as an off day. Same as football teams!
FAO any Red Hot Chili Peppers fans on 08:17 - Jan 29 with 1484 viewsThisIsMyUsername

FAO any Red Hot Chili Peppers fans on 23:10 - Jan 28 by Devereuxxx

Really this is their last chance saloon for new music. The last two albums have been turgid with very few even remotely notable songs.

The return of John means there's more hope for this album. Even has a big RHCP fan I'm not convinced it'll come together, but at least there's more intrigue. And I've piled in £100 to see them this summer, as at the very least it'll be the band which released By The Way, Californication, Blood Sugar Sex Magic churning out the hits.

It's with John so of course it will come together. It's going to be great.

Login to get fewer ads

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:58 - Feb 2 with 1362 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Update for BlueBadger: New single coming Friday 😎

https://youtube.com/shorts/sdCHYFw1Mh8?feature=share
[Post edited 2 Feb 2022 19:31]

FAO any Red Hot Chili Peppers fans on 02:33 - Feb 6 with 1250 viewsDevereuxxx

The new song is superb by the way

(If you’ll pardon the pun)
FAO any Red Hot Chili Peppers fans on 09:10 - Feb 6 with 1155 viewsThisIsMyUsername

FAO any Red Hot Chili Peppers fans on 02:33 - Feb 6 by Devereuxxx

The new song is superb by the way

(If you’ll pardon the pun)

Solid, isn't it? It's clearly about climate change/forest fires/the pandemic.

It took me a good 10 listens to really get into it, partly because I'd been reading all the Reddit comments beforehand talking about how Anthony sounds a bit like he's doing a pirate impression in the verse, which I couldn't get away from. It is weird but you get used to it.

Watching the video helps to understand the song more. Isn't it so amazing to hear/see them rocking out with John again? They have that unreplicable chemistry which was so obviously lacking with Josh.

The guy who mixed the new album has described it as 'HEAVY!". As much as I am hoping for at least a bit of BSSM-style rap/funk, I also love it when they go heavier.

[Post edited 6 Feb 2022 9:14]

FAO any Red Hot Chili Peppers fans on 10:52 - Feb 6 with 1106 viewsBlueandTruesince82

FAO any Red Hot Chili Peppers fans on 09:10 - Feb 6 by ThisIsMyUsername

Solid, isn't it? It's clearly about climate change/forest fires/the pandemic.

It took me a good 10 listens to really get into it, partly because I'd been reading all the Reddit comments beforehand talking about how Anthony sounds a bit like he's doing a pirate impression in the verse, which I couldn't get away from. It is weird but you get used to it.

Watching the video helps to understand the song more. Isn't it so amazing to hear/see them rocking out with John again? They have that unreplicable chemistry which was so obviously lacking with Josh.

The guy who mixed the new album has described it as 'HEAVY!". As much as I am hoping for at least a bit of BSSM-style rap/funk, I also love it when they go heavier.

[Post edited 6 Feb 2022 9:14]

It's a tune alright. Frusciante's guitar is sublime on this.

RHCP tend to go good album bad album so I'm curious to see what the rest of it brings.

Is it me or is AK really starting to look mote and more like Ben Kingsley?

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

FAO any Red Hot Chili Peppers fans on 15:41 - Feb 6 with 1054 viewsThisIsMyUsername

FAO any Red Hot Chili Peppers fans on 10:52 - Feb 6 by BlueandTruesince82

It's a tune alright. Frusciante's guitar is sublime on this.

RHCP tend to go good album bad album so I'm curious to see what the rest of it brings.

Is it me or is AK really starting to look mote and more like Ben Kingsley?

Frusciante is an incredible musician.

He and Kiedis have said that they have so much music recorded that it's likely another album will be released not long after this one.

FAO any Red Hot Chili Peppers fans on 08:33 - Mar 4 with 874 viewsThisIsMyUsername

F U N K Y

FAO any Red Hot Chili Peppers fans on 09:04 - Mar 4 with 822 viewsWhos_blue

FAO any Red Hot Chili Peppers fans on 08:33 - Mar 4 by ThisIsMyUsername

F U N K Y

It sounds like the return of JF really has sprinkled some fairy dust on RHCP. I was a massive fan in the early 90s, but have been cool on them for some time.
I've liked the 2 tracks I've heard so far and might take a punt on this LP.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2022 9:49]

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

FAO any Red Hot Chili Peppers fans on 09:41 - Mar 4 with 790 viewsThisIsMyUsername

FAO any Red Hot Chili Peppers fans on 09:04 - Mar 4 by Whos_blue

It sounds like the return of JF really has sprinkled some fairy dust on RHCP. I was a massive fan in the early 90s, but have been cool on them for some time.
I've liked the 2 tracks I've heard so far and might take a punt on this LP.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2022 9:49]

Poster Child is on fire. Pure psychedelic-funk-rap which RHCP became known for and a real throwback to their 90s sound. I've been desperate to hear something like this again; I absolutely love it.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2022 9:59]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024