Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Things we need next season 18:48 - Mar 19 with 968 viewswkj

It feels most of the jigsaw is complete, but there are 2 things I believe McKenna needs this summer to get the puzzle completed.

1. Create danger from set-pieces
2. A striker set up he's comfortable with

You can't really blame him for number 2 as we have a selection of strikers that all have attributes they are strong in - but no one feels well-rounded.

I've not given up on the possibility of a party this season, but luck is now the biggest ingredient in that happening. Really happy with McKenna, had we had him in September I think we'd be sitting pretty right now. COYB

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Things we need next season on 18:51 - Mar 19 with 937 viewsChurchman

Absolutely agree with this. Set plays is an interesting one and I’m hoping a good pre-season will help that.
Things we need next season on 19:11 - Mar 19 with 903 viewsnshearman1

Things we need next season on 18:51 - Mar 19 by Churchman

Absolutely agree with this. Set plays is an interesting one and I’m hoping a good pre-season will help that.

Particularly corners, as I’ve said elsewhere. Need a striker who scores consistently, lose Pigott and probably Norwood, get an alternative to Morsy when he’s unfit and someone to replace Thompson who has been excellent recently.
Things we need next season on 19:23 - Mar 19 with 874 viewsRIPbobby

I think we are close. In fact I think we just need a third decent CM. If Morsy or Evans or both are not in the starting x1 we struggle. The rest is fine I think.
Things we need next season on 19:35 - Mar 19 with 843 viewsLeoMuff

3. A left sided Wes Burns.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Things we need next season on 19:39 - Mar 19 with 823 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Things we need next season on 19:35 - Mar 19 by LeoMuff

3. A left sided Wes Burns.

Hopefully that’s Edwards

Poll: On 14th April 2020, will we be

Things we need next season on 19:57 - Mar 19 with 749 viewsLeoMuff

Things we need next season on 19:39 - Mar 19 by southnorfolkblue

Hopefully that’s Edwards

I hope so, but when he was fit McK didn’t pick him, KVY played followed by Thompson.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Things we need next season on 20:09 - Mar 19 with 730 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Two new striker + left wing back.
Things we need next season on 20:37 - Mar 19 with 675 viewsChrisd

It shows how important set pieces are, teams might not be in games but a good delivery can change all that, look at Oxford in that second half, second best but that last minute corner got them out of a hole. I’d also add, we need to find a way of beating the better sides in this league. I know we were awfully close today, but look at the current top 7 in L1, not one victory against any of them so far. For a team that has aspirations for promotion, that’s just not good enough.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Login to get fewer ads

Things we need next season on 21:56 - Mar 19 with 527 viewsdavblue

We get into some good positions out wide especially and our final ball is very poor, that’s something we have to get better at or improve the players today there was probably 7-8 times we were in good positions and the cross was over hit, miss placed. Final 3rd is what’s held us back since McKenna has come in.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024