Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sam Parkin hit nail on the head 15:07 - Apr 16 with 1898 viewskizaitfc

We have learnt nothing new today about Ipswich.

Solid defensively, but need more fire power going forwards.

Will be interesting to see how McKenna views it over the summer.

Does he go down the route of signing wingers and go back to 4 at the back or does he stick with the wingbacks and bring in a more attaching LWB.

For me we need a set piece taker and a playmaker to sit next to Morsy, not completely sold on Evans or Bakinson so be interesting to see who we sign in the summer.

One other side issue I see is do we think Celina, Chaplin and Aluko are good enough no.10s. For me as good players as they are they all drop too deep and don't support the striker.

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Sam Parkin hit nail on the head on 15:13 - Apr 16 with 1800 viewsSitfcB

First thing he’s ever hit in regards to ITFC.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Sam Parkin hit nail on the head on 15:25 - Apr 16 with 1703 viewsScuzzer

Joe Piggott is a carbon copy of Sam Parkin. Bought with a good record but proved to be totally duff.
I think Aluko should play alongside Morsy in the centre. His passing in tight situations is suited to that role.
Dont think we should spend money on Celina...doesn't perform with consistency or intensity.

Established 1968

Sam Parkin hit nail on the head on 15:39 - Apr 16 with 1604 viewsGarv

Sam Parkin hit nail on the head on 15:25 - Apr 16 by Scuzzer

Joe Piggott is a carbon copy of Sam Parkin. Bought with a good record but proved to be totally duff.
I think Aluko should play alongside Morsy in the centre. His passing in tight situations is suited to that role.
Dont think we should spend money on Celina...doesn't perform with consistency or intensity.

Aluko would get bullied in a midfield two in my opinion.

We've missed Evans, missed Edmundson and to an extent Jackson.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Sam Parkin hit nail on the head on 15:54 - Apr 16 with 1513 viewsHullblue

I do wonder if we’ll see 4 at the back at some point. On a really simplistic level, it’s one less defender and one more attacking player (presuming we play with relatively attacking full backs).

Our defensive record could get worse and it would still be pretty excellent - time to experience the with removing that third CB, for me.

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Sam Parkin hit nail on the head on 16:10 - Apr 16 with 1415 viewscbower

Sam Parkin hit nail on the head on 15:54 - Apr 16 by Hullblue

I do wonder if we’ll see 4 at the back at some point. On a really simplistic level, it’s one less defender and one more attacking player (presuming we play with relatively attacking full backs).

Our defensive record could get worse and it would still be pretty excellent - time to experience the with removing that third CB, for me.

The 3 Cb's is not a problem at all. It's the lack of a proper Lwb and we do not get nearly enough penetration from playing two no 10s.

bluescouser

Sam Parkin hit nail on the head on 16:11 - Apr 16 with 1410 viewsitfc_bucks

Sam Parkin hit nail on the head on 15:25 - Apr 16 by Scuzzer

Sam Parkin was unlucky at town. We're it not for that injury, it could have all been so different.
Sam Parkin hit nail on the head on 17:03 - Apr 16 with 1268 viewsbroncos77

Sam Parkin hit nail on the head on 16:11 - Apr 16 by itfc_bucks

Sam Parkin was unlucky at town. We're it not for that injury, it could have all been so different.

From watching lots of League 1there are 3 essentials that Town currently lack
- maybe because the players and management think we're just too good for this league and dont want to play like most teams there

- 2 Strikers ; no successful L1 team plays with a lone striker (MK close but they have 2 fine support p;layers)

- a Centre Back who can score 6+ goals a season from set pieces and is a constant threat in the opp box (see Accrington)

- a fit speedy midfielder who can run with the ball (e.g. Dempsey from Gills, or any of the 3 Rotherham players Barlasar, Wiles or esp Rathbone who outplayed Town today)

+ a decent LWB would be a bonus

I suggest recruiting from the best of L1, not fancy dans from Champ who think they're good

How many teams will play like Rotherham in L1 next season; lots; Roth or Wigan (if still here) Bolton, Accrington, Cambridge, Cheltenham, Wycombe, Portsmouth, Forest Green (yes them) Port Vale, Gillingham ...
If we struggle against them, and can't beat the top 6 sides; even the playoffs will be a stretch

Plan to get out of this league before starting to build a team for the upper end of the Championship; Gamechanger's patience may be limited to next season!

yea
Sam Parkin hit nail on the head on 18:32 - Apr 16 with 1115 viewsHullblue

Sam Parkin hit nail on the head on 16:10 - Apr 16 by cbower

The 3 Cb's is not a problem at all. It's the lack of a proper Lwb and we do not get nearly enough penetration from playing two no 10s.

Don’t disagree but playing with wingers could be a solution for the latter problem, couldn’t it?

Blog: Sleep is the Cousin of Life

Login to get fewer ads

Sam Parkin hit nail on the head on 18:33 - Apr 16 with 1108 viewscbower

Sam Parkin hit nail on the head on 18:32 - Apr 16 by Hullblue

Don’t disagree but playing with wingers could be a solution for the latter problem, couldn’t it?

Kyle Edwards at lwb for me

bluescouser

Sam Parkin hit nail on the head on 19:21 - Apr 16 with 1011 viewspointofblue

Sam Parkin hit nail on the head on 17:03 - Apr 16 by broncos77

From watching lots of League 1there are 3 essentials that Town currently lack
- maybe because the players and management think we're just too good for this league and dont want to play like most teams there

- 2 Strikers ; no successful L1 team plays with a lone striker (MK close but they have 2 fine support p;layers)

- a Centre Back who can score 6+ goals a season from set pieces and is a constant threat in the opp box (see Accrington)

- a fit speedy midfielder who can run with the ball (e.g. Dempsey from Gills, or any of the 3 Rotherham players Barlasar, Wiles or esp Rathbone who outplayed Town today)

+ a decent LWB would be a bonus

I suggest recruiting from the best of L1, not fancy dans from Champ who think they're good

How many teams will play like Rotherham in L1 next season; lots; Roth or Wigan (if still here) Bolton, Accrington, Cambridge, Cheltenham, Wycombe, Portsmouth, Forest Green (yes them) Port Vale, Gillingham ...
If we struggle against them, and can't beat the top 6 sides; even the playoffs will be a stretch

Plan to get out of this league before starting to build a team for the upper end of the Championship; Gamechanger's patience may be limited to next season!

yea

Complete wild speculation but considering how he loves coming forward to the ball I wonder if Woolfenden could morph into a box-to-box midfielder? Though of course, we wouldn't want to move him out of defence either.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Sam Parkin hit nail on the head on 21:03 - Apr 16 with 850 viewsChrisd

Sam Parkin hit nail on the head on 16:10 - Apr 16 by cbower

I agree, we lack that balance in those wide areas. If Burns isn’t firing on the right then our attacking intent is hugely blunted. We need that same impetus on the left that Burns provides on the right.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024