Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fury v Whyte 18:42 - Apr 22 with 3124 viewsgtsb1966

£25 seems a bit steep. With the undercard poor and the cost of living through the roof I can't understand the logic in charging that much. Will be interesting to see the uptake figures.
Fury v Whyte on 18:43 - Apr 22 with 2836 viewsJ2BLUE

I've bought it. Mainly because my dad wants to see it. Probably wouldn't bother otherwise.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Fury v Whyte on 18:47 - Apr 22 with 2821 viewsgtsb1966

Fury v Whyte on 18:43 - Apr 22 by J2BLUE

I've bought it. Mainly because my dad wants to see it. Probably wouldn't bother otherwise.

I'm a big boxing fan J2 but just think this is a bit steep . Hope you get your monies worth and your dad has a great night.
Fury v Whyte on 19:34 - Apr 22 with 2748 viewsIpswichKnight

Agreed I’m not paying for it, Whyte got blasted out by AJ and I can’t see that Whyte has the nous to beat probably the best heavyweight in the world ( setting it up nicely for Whyte to spark him in 1! )
Fury v Whyte on 21:57 - Apr 22 with 2634 viewsBlueandTruesince82

I'm watching it Fury to win inside 7

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Fury v Whyte on 22:05 - Apr 22 with 2611 viewsLord_Lucan

Aren't pubs showing it?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Fury v Whyte on 23:04 - Apr 22 with 2553 viewsMelford

I'll always sail the high seas when it comes to boxing. There's always the potential if someone lands the perfect combination it could be over in 3 minutes.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Fury v Whyte on 23:08 - Apr 22 with 2531 viewsjeera

I can't justify £25 but if, like yourselves, there were 2 of us or so then it might be different.

I might make the effort to pop to the pub if it were to be shown there as others say, but is it known what time the bout is meant to begin?

I know the site says 8pm but that doesn't mean anything does it? Undercard would begin then I guess? So the bout itself could be too late for some pubs by the time it gets underway maybe.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2022 23:09]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Fury v Whyte on 23:23 - Apr 22 with 2508 viewsfooters

I bought it. The undercard is pure sh1t but that's what you get when you overpay on the main purse!

Love both fighters. Dill has waited an eternity for his shot and I'm so glad he got this, in front of 94,000 fans at Wembley. But Fury still gets the nod from me - he's the best heavyweight of his generation; moves like a middleweight, can switch hit all night long and his boxing IQ is just incredible. Shame about his loudmouth dad and some of the usual antics.

Really looking forward to it! Biggest event in UK sport for a long, long time.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2022 23:24]

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

Fury v Whyte on 23:28 - Apr 22 with 2478 viewsStNeotsBlue

Fury v Whyte on 23:08 - Apr 22 by jeera

I can't justify £25 but if, like yourselves, there were 2 of us or so then it might be different.

I might make the effort to pop to the pub if it were to be shown there as others say, but is it known what time the bout is meant to begin?

I know the site says 8pm but that doesn't mean anything does it? Undercard would begin then I guess? So the bout itself could be too late for some pubs by the time it gets underway maybe.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2022 23:09]

Ring walk will be between 945 and 1015 depending what happens on the undercard. I've shelled out for it as it just gets lumped on to my BT subscription so doesn't feel as pricey as if I'd handed over 25 notes which is why the slow demise of cash is definitely a bad thing.
Fury v Whyte on 02:54 - Apr 23 with 2369 viewsKieran_Knows

Fury v Whyte on 23:23 - Apr 22 by footers

I bought it. The undercard is pure sh1t but that's what you get when you overpay on the main purse!

Love both fighters. Dill has waited an eternity for his shot and I'm so glad he got this, in front of 94,000 fans at Wembley. But Fury still gets the nod from me - he's the best heavyweight of his generation; moves like a middleweight, can switch hit all night long and his boxing IQ is just incredible. Shame about his loudmouth dad and some of the usual antics.

Bigger than an already relegated Crewe v mid table Ipswich?!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Fury v Whyte on 06:40 - Apr 23 with 2329 viewsPippin1970

Half of Morecambe up here are travelling down to see him. Not bloody cheap either.
Fury v Whyte on 07:11 - Apr 23 with 2296 viewswitchdoctor

nt
[Post edited 23 Apr 2022 10:16]
Fury v Whyte on 11:20 - Apr 23 with 2159 viewsRadlett_blue

I think it will be close & unlikely to finish early, especially given Fury's style. If he's fit & 100%, I think he will win, but either on points or a late TKO.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Fury v Whyte on 12:34 - Apr 23 with 2095 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Have backed Whyte to win inside the first 6 rounds at 12/1. Think that’s too big when he is coming in big knowing an early knockout is his best chance. Boxes well on the inside too. Reckon an uppercut early in the 4th might end it.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Fury v Whyte on 21:37 - Apr 23 with 1978 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I too think Fury wins fairly easily tonight

Moves like a middleweight might be the biggest myth in boxing. His upper body movement is pretty good. But his footwork isnt even the best in the HW division.

He's the stand out HW in a poor HW era.

But I think Usyk would beat him.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2022 21:47]

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Fury v Whyte on 21:57 - Apr 23 with 1931 viewsLord_Lucan

Fury v Whyte on 12:34 - Apr 23 by The_Romford_Blue

Have backed Whyte to win inside the first 6 rounds at 12/1. Think that’s too big when he is coming in big knowing an early knockout is his best chance. Boxes well on the inside too. Reckon an uppercut early in the 4th might end it.

150/1 Whyte to win in round 1

I'm not a gambling man but it's almost worth chucking a grand on that isn't it as it would be a massive result.

Edit - oh good, I was dreading a 1st round KO
[Post edited 23 Apr 2022 22:15]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Fury v Whyte on 23:04 - Apr 23 with 1815 viewsgtsb1966

Phew
Fury v Whyte on 23:32 - Apr 23 with 1750 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Fury v Whyte on 23:04 - Apr 23 by gtsb1966

Phew

You were right on the undercard... crikey that was bad.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Fury v Whyte on 00:15 - Apr 24 with 1678 viewsWicklowBlue

Fury v Whyte on 21:37 - Apr 23 by TRUE_BLUE123

I too think Fury wins fairly easily tonight

Moves like a middleweight might be the biggest myth in boxing. His upper body movement is pretty good. But his footwork isnt even the best in the HW division.

He's the stand out HW in a poor HW era.

But I think Usyk would beat him.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2022 21:47]

Fury did win easy tonight, Whyte didn't mark him at all. Whyte was blowing in the 4th round, Fury landed some really sickening blows up into the ribs.

Fury did what I expected...just wore Dylian down...hes by far the better boxer.

Whatever Fury says let's get the Joshua fight on!!!! That's what everyone wants to see and it's a Fury win all night for me.
Fury v Whyte on 01:32 - Apr 24 with 1621 viewsBiGDonnie

You need a fire stick, brother.

Massively disappointed with Whyte tonight, thought he'd show a bit more but I think Fury really is that good.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Fury v Whyte on 05:26 - Apr 24 with 1556 viewswitchdoctor

Fury v Whyte on 01:32 - Apr 24 by BiGDonnie

You need a fire stick, brother.

Massively disappointed with Whyte tonight, thought he'd show a bit more but I think Fury really is that good.

yep….recently purchased one and last night was the first instalment paid back 👍
Fury v Whyte on 09:08 - Apr 24 with 1413 viewsChrisd

Fury v Whyte on 00:15 - Apr 24 by WicklowBlue

Fury did win easy tonight, Whyte didn't mark him at all. Whyte was blowing in the 4th round, Fury landed some really sickening blows up into the ribs.

Whatever Fury says let's get the Joshua fight on!!!! That's what everyone wants to see and it's a Fury win all night for me.

Really thought that Whyte would cause Fury problems, but it probably proved one of Fury’s easiest fights, I had him winning all the rounds up to the TKO. The Gypsy King is clearly the best HW out there currently, I really can’t see anyone that could really trouble him and that includes Usyk. Since he has comeback into boxing after his hiatus, he seems like he’s got better and better. Unique, but extremely talented at what he does.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Fury v Whyte on 12:08 - Apr 24 with 1296 viewsJ2BLUE

Fury v Whyte on 00:15 - Apr 24 by WicklowBlue

Does Joshua want it? Doesn't seem like it to me.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Fury v Whyte on 12:50 - Apr 24 with 1253 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Fury v Whyte on 12:08 - Apr 24 by J2BLUE

Not now i don't think 1st loss seemed to effect him. He was nowhere near Uysk. He needed to turn that into a brawl becuase you thought 1 big punch would see hi. Though but he was happy to try and Lennox Lewis it even when he was clearly behind, think he's realised he can get hurt and doesn't fancy it.

I think Fury beats either ATM and it would be a shame if there isn't a unification fight.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Fury v Whyte on 13:12 - Apr 24 with 1232 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Fury v Whyte on 12:08 - Apr 24 by J2BLUE

Of course he does. He has already signed to fight him once.

One thing you cannot accuse AJ of is ducking a challenge. He fights anyone. Whether he wins or loses against Usyk, I think he loses again. I also think Usyk beats Fury so no shame there.

Fury vs AJ is the biggest fight in boxing. No way either of them would turn down a pay day like that.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024