Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again 07:31 - May 20 with 3105 viewsSitfcB

Superb to see

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again on 07:47 - May 20 with 2297 viewsSitfcB

This violence in football is seriously getting out of hand

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again on 07:59 - May 20 with 2239 viewsMattinLondon

Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again on 07:47 - May 20 by SitfcB

This violence in football is seriously getting out of hand

Great example set to that kid.
Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again on 08:11 - May 20 with 2185 viewshomer_123

Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again on 07:59 - May 20 by MattinLondon

Great example set to that kid.

In no small way - partly why I don't take my kids to football.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again on 08:17 - May 20 with 2159 viewsSwansea_Blue

Scummy little scrote. Viera was remarkably restrained.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again on 08:25 - May 20 with 2138 viewsChrisd

The way it's portrayed by the media, like it's Viera that started the incident. Lets conveniently forget what the supporter did and said beforehand. I'm not sure what the answer is really? However, something needs to be done because you can see things getting seriously out of hand if this is allowed to carry on.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again on 08:28 - May 20 with 2127 viewsGuthrum

Should never have been put in a position where fans can come up and taunt him in his face after losing a game. Ought at the very least to have been a cordon of stewards behind which players and staff could retreat.

Wanting to go and celebrate on the pitch is one thing. Protection from idiots for those who work there is a separate issue.
[Post edited 20 May 2022 8:29]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again on 08:38 - May 20 with 2083 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again on 08:11 - May 20 by homer_123

In no small way - partly why I don't take my kids to football.

Throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again on 09:24 - May 20 with 1980 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

That fan should be banned for life.

No action required against Viera, I actually think he showed restraint.

What a scum bag that fan is.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again on 09:35 - May 20 with 1922 viewsSTYG

It isn't superb to see though is it?

I can look after myself and have unfortunately been involved in a couple of incidents over the years when I've been at football, either leaving the stadium or heading to it and been attacked without provocation.

However, last season there were several incidents with away fans at Portman Road where my kids or other peoples kids were caught up or nearly caught up in it and it's definitely got a lot worse since covid / lockdown.

You've got a fan headbutting Billy Sharp after the Forest game, Huddersfield fans attacking Luton players, Port Vale fans assaulting Swindon fans and now some idiot sticking his phone in Vieira's face and getting kicked for his trouble. Add to that footage of McBurnie kicking a Forest fan.

So in three days you've got assaults it would appear by fans on players, players on fans and a manager on a fan. This is superb?

I can assure you that once you've taken your boy to away games or left Portman Raod past away fans when this sort of stuff goes on you should likely feel very, very different.

It needs sorting out now, because if people are doing this on the pitch, imagine what's going on away from the pitch.

I love football. Always have. But am utterly disgusted by the way that some violence around it seems to be classed as superb, or scenes or that a player or fan deserves to be assaulted for whatever they've done during a game.
Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again on 09:35 - May 20 with 1914 viewshomer_123

Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again on 08:38 - May 20 by Marshalls_Mullet

Throwing the baby out with the bath water.

?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again on 09:40 - May 20 with 1873 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again on 09:35 - May 20 by STYG

I can look after myself and have unfortunately been involved in a couple of incidents over the years when I've been at football, either leaving the stadium or heading to it and been attacked without provocation.

However, last season there were several incidents with away fans at Portman Road where my kids or other peoples kids were caught up or nearly caught up in it and it's definitely got a lot worse since covid / lockdown.

You've got a fan headbutting Billy Sharp after the Forest game, Huddersfield fans attacking Luton players, Port Vale fans assaulting Swindon fans and now some idiot sticking his phone in Vieira's face and getting kicked for his trouble. Add to that footage of McBurnie kicking a Forest fan.

So in three days you've got assaults it would appear by fans on players, players on fans and a manager on a fan. This is superb?

I can assure you that once you've taken your boy to away games or left Portman Raod past away fans when this sort of stuff goes on you should likely feel very, very different.

It needs sorting out now, because if people are doing this on the pitch, imagine what's going on away from the pitch.

I love football. Always have. But am utterly disgusted by the way that some violence around it seems to be classed as superb, or scenes or that a player or fan deserves to be assaulted for whatever they've done during a game.

Most fans and media have condemned the pitch invasions and the violent incidents.

I for one would defend Viera for his reaction to such idiotic provocation, however. Difficult not to react when taunted in such an idiotic and harassing manner. Not saying its the best course of action, but it is understandable.

Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again on 09:40 - May 20 with 1874 viewsSTYG

Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again on 08:25 - May 20 by Chrisd

The way it's portrayed by the media, like it's Viera that started the incident. Lets conveniently forget what the supporter did and said beforehand. I'm not sure what the answer is really? However, something needs to be done because you can see things getting seriously out of hand if this is allowed to carry on.

Vieira was provoked. That's fine. The guys own footage shows the phone being shoved in his face and him giving him the finger. Didn't hear the audio, but doubt that was pleasant.

But Vieira has to just walk away. Which is what he does. Then as the fan seems to give up and walk away, Vieira then turns around and kicks him. I'd expect a good 3-4 match ban easily. Cantona got 9 months for attacking a fan that verbally provoked him.

They are both idiots. You can argue that managers and players should be better protected. You can't have 30,000 stewards but the managers and subs could be protected. However, once they are not, you also can't start kicking and assaulting people even when provoked.
Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again on 09:41 - May 20 with 1874 viewsBlueBadger

With this and the Rangers/Frankfurt goings on this week there's been a lot of Pwopa Nawty Boy posturing from all sorts of people trying to give a bit of a big 'un and look a bit tasty on here.

Just a bit tragic, tbh, innit.
[Post edited 20 May 2022 11:39]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again on 09:46 - May 20 with 1832 viewsclive_baker

Have people forgotten how to behave in lockdowns? Or is it a load of pent up frustration that overspills after a few beers?

It's pretty embarassing all round.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again on 09:47 - May 20 with 1815 viewsSTYG

Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again on 09:46 - May 20 by clive_baker

Have people forgotten how to behave in lockdowns? Or is it a load of pent up frustration that overspills after a few beers?

Covid x Alcohol x Football x Low IQ x Social Media = FFS
Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again on 09:48 - May 20 with 1811 viewsDeano69

Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again on 08:17 - May 20 by Swansea_Blue

Scummy little scrote. Viera was remarkably restrained.

It wont be long before everyone is reminded just how much Viera is paid and should suck it up. No one is paid to take that abuse. Like you, I think he held off and held off, kicking out was pretty much in self defence. The latter POV video is appalling.

The 'he should be setting an example as a professional' will also get trotted out. Well, why should you have to accept should screaming, shouting and gesturing at you. Show me the job description that says that is part of your role.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again on 09:53 - May 20 with 1777 viewsEly_Blue

Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again on 08:25 - May 20 by Chrisd

Apart from the obvious law breaking by the fan by entering the field of play I’d say that given the other fans who passed by and said things that this little scroat must have said something pretty offensive, for a manager who had just lost a game in which his team had nothing riding on it, to react like that

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again on 09:54 - May 20 with 1768 viewsSTYG

Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again on 09:48 - May 20 by Deano69

It wont be long before everyone is reminded just how much Viera is paid and should suck it up. No one is paid to take that abuse. Like you, I think he held off and held off, kicking out was pretty much in self defence. The latter POV video is appalling.

The 'he should be setting an example as a professional' will also get trotted out. Well, why should you have to accept should screaming, shouting and gesturing at you. Show me the job description that says that is part of your role.

No, you shouldn't have to accept some bloke screaming in your face and filming it. You should expect him to be punished.

But too many people like you are then suggesting it's basically at the stage where someone deserves a slap, so you can be nice and violent.

If the bloke punched Vieira or came at him with a knife, then christ yes by all means fully defend yourself. He came at him with a camera phone and a load of insults and then turned to walk away. Vieira wasn't defending himself after this idiot got what he wanted and turned to walk elsewhere.

He should be setting an example. Like a teacher should if some problem child started spitting in their face. Or is it then okay to slap the little sod because they deserved it?

Just because a reaction is understandable doesn't make it right. Vieira had every right to be angry and initially maybe even scared. But there's no justification for kicking the guy at the point he did. He wasn't defending himself. He was using the situation as mitigation to assault someone.
Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again on 09:59 - May 20 with 1753 viewsclive_baker

Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again on 09:41 - May 20 by BlueBadger

With this and the Rangers/Frankfurt goings on this week there's been a lot of Pwopa Nawty Boy posturing from all sorts of people trying to give a bit of a big 'un and look a bit tasty on here.

Just a bit tragic, tbh, innit.
[Post edited 20 May 2022 11:39]

And it's always the ones that are least capable of 'looking after themselves' that give out so much. Whenever I see these wannabe 'hooligans' all dressed up in their fancy dress they're generally about 5ft 6, weak looking blokes with beer bellies, shuffling along in their size 8 trainers. Remarkably gobby when in a group or surrounded by Police with zero threat to themselves, but never quite so quick to mouth off when the police presence disperses. Funny that.

Odd way to live your life, it really is.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again on 10:20 - May 20 with 1686 viewsstopmoaning

Why should Viera have to put up with it?
Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again on 10:22 - May 20 with 1676 viewsChrisd

Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again on 09:40 - May 20 by STYG

Vieira was provoked. That's fine. The guys own footage shows the phone being shoved in his face and him giving him the finger. Didn't hear the audio, but doubt that was pleasant.

But Vieira has to just walk away. Which is what he does. Then as the fan seems to give up and walk away, Vieira then turns around and kicks him. I'd expect a good 3-4 match ban easily. Cantona got 9 months for attacking a fan that verbally provoked him.

They are both idiots. You can argue that managers and players should be better protected. You can't have 30,000 stewards but the managers and subs could be protected. However, once they are not, you also can't start kicking and assaulting people even when provoked.

You're right and I do agree with you because that could've escalated. However, when someone has abused and taunted you like that it's extremely difficult to show restraint.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again on 10:27 - May 20 with 1655 viewsDeano69

Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again on 09:54 - May 20 by STYG

No, you shouldn't have to accept some bloke screaming in your face and filming it. You should expect him to be punished.

But too many people like you are then suggesting it's basically at the stage where someone deserves a slap, so you can be nice and violent.

If the bloke punched Vieira or came at him with a knife, then christ yes by all means fully defend yourself. He came at him with a camera phone and a load of insults and then turned to walk away. Vieira wasn't defending himself after this idiot got what he wanted and turned to walk elsewhere.

He should be setting an example. Like a teacher should if some problem child started spitting in their face. Or is it then okay to slap the little sod because they deserved it?

Just because a reaction is understandable doesn't make it right. Vieira had every right to be angry and initially maybe even scared. But there's no justification for kicking the guy at the point he did. He wasn't defending himself. He was using the situation as mitigation to assault someone.

So your suggestion here is to keep walking taking absolute dogs abuse and accept it?

While I don’t suggest the answer is always to lash out, surely there comes a point at which you can’t accept the situation any longer? Not sure a rational conversation with ‘please stop gesticulating, ridiculing me and invading my space’ would have had the desired result.

No winners here really. Just the fan being an absolute loser.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again on 10:30 - May 20 with 1648 viewsStokieBlue

Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again on 09:46 - May 20 by clive_baker

I know you're not doing this but how long can lockdowns be used as an excuse for bad behaviour?

We haven't had a lockdown in this country for nearly a year and even then it was barely a lockdown. The full lockdown was nearly 2 years ago now.

Sooner or later people are going to have to stop using lockdowns as a contributing cause for bad behaviour.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again on 10:32 - May 20 with 1634 viewsDyland

Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again on 09:48 - May 20 by Deano69

Totally agree. You have to suck it up from the stands, but not in your face.

It's just ridiculous how ill mannered some people are. Just thick, or is it the sauce? I get absolutely trolleyed at the footy sometimes and overexcited but never ever scream in anyone's face or attack people. Fooking divs.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Patrick Viera lashing out on the pitch once again on 10:34 - May 20 with 1630 viewsVeggie

Football is a strange environment in which once one set of fans does something, it seemingly becomes acceptable and is copied across the board by other sets of fans. This goes for chants, pitch invasions, kids asking for shirts, ‘pyros’, physical abuse of players. Maybe it’s just a microcosm for humanity as a whole.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024