Charisteas Has Not Ruled Out Town Move
Sunday, 13th Jul 2008 10:02
Nuremberg sporting director Martin Bader says striker Angelos Charisteas has not completely ruled out a move to the Blues, contrary to earlier reports in Greece and Germany. On Friday, Town chief executive Derek Bowden confirmed the Blues' move for the 28-year-old.
Bader says the Greek international, who will definitely leave his relegated club this summer, will consider the possibility of a switch to Town when he gets back from his holiday early this week: "He has not rejected the offer categorically. He'll listen to it once he has returned from his vacation."
The latest German report claims Town's bid to Nuremberg to be â‚¬2 million (£1.5 million), somewhat lower than all previous suggestions which have been between the £2.25 million and £2.7 million marks.
Bader is elsewhere said to have confirmed that he is also in discussions with clubs from Spain and Portugal regarding Charisteas's future. A move to another German club is believed to be favoured by the player himself and Bundesliga sides are likely to be monitoring the situation. Eintract Frankfurt were linked earlier in the summer.
Charisteas, scorer of the winning goal in the final of Euro 2004, is due back with Nuremberg for pre-season training on Tuesday.
Photo: Action Images
Please report offensive, libellous or inappropriate posts by using the links provided.
You need to login in order to post your comments
Ipswich Town Polls
[ Vote here ]