Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Bowden: No Wigan Bid for Haynes
Bowden: No Wigan Bid for Haynes
Wednesday, 6th Aug 2008 08:49

Chief executive Derek Bowden has denied claims that Wigan Athletic are close to signing striker or midfielder Danny Haynes. After TWTD reported yesterday that Latics boss Steve Bruce had left Monday's friendly after Haynes was subbed, various other websites claimed a move was imminent.

The story has also been picked up by some of this morning's tabloids who report that Wigan are set to make a £3 million offer for the 20-year-old.

Bowden says the club have as yet received no bid for Haynes: "We have had no offers for Danny.”

Meanwhile, Pablo Couñago says Ivan Campo, who was given the tour of Town's facilities yesterday, would be a good addition to the squad: "I know Ivan a lot from Spain.

"He has played for big clubs in big league and has won titles so he is an important player.

"There is an opportunity maybe for him to sign here and he would be a great player to have.”

Campo was also at Monday's friendly with West Ham and was set to hold preliminary talks regarding a move to the Blues yesterday. Hull City and Real Sociedad have both previously been linked with the 34-year-old.


Photo: Action Images



Please report offensive, libellous or inappropriate posts by using the links provided.


You need to login in order to post your comments

Ipswich Town Polls

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2022