Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Warburton Moves on From Judge and Signs Pugh
Saturday, 27th Jul 2019 23:13

QPR boss Mark Warburton's pursuit of Blues midfielder Alan Judge looks to be at an end.

Warburton added free agent former AFC Bournemouth man Marc Pugh to his squad earlier today and has said that that signing was a result of the Blues rebuffing bids - of £250,000 and £450,000 - for Judge.

"Yeah, it probably is,” Warburton told West London Sport, before adding that he believes the Dubliner will be staying at Portman Road and that the proposed deal is no longer on the table.

Judge had told manager Paul Lambert that he would be interested in the move back to the Championship but, as TWTD reported on Friday, Town owner Marcus Evans is determined to keep hold of the Republic of Ireland international, who only signed a new two-year contract in April.

The 30-year-old, who previously played for Warburton at Brentford, made his first appearance of pre-season as a half-time sub in today’s 0-0 friendly draw at Cambridge United having broken his wrist while on international duty with Ireland last month.



Photo: TWTD



Please report offensive, libellous or inappropriate posts by using the links provided.



SouperJim added 11:24 - Jul 28
Spot on Gilesy, some pathetic comments on here, acting like a bunch of jilted teenagers. Seemed clear to me from Lambert's comments that Judge felt pulled in two different directions (Lambert said something along the lines of he was up and down with it) and who could blame him. He hasn't gone, his performance second half yesterday was good and showed he is still committed. You lot would have crucified him and Evans if he had gone, yet you're still moaning now he's staying. You all need to get over it, as it seems everyone concerned at the club has.
6

Bildestoned added 11:28 - Jul 28
Judge: “Yeah. Happy to stay here Boss but if a London club came along I’d have to look at it.’

PL: ‘I hear what you’re saying Judgey. OK, why don’t we get you on a new contract, then if an offer does come the Club is quids in and you get a nice bung out of it. Deal?’

AJ: ‘Where do I sign?!’
4

Sixto6 added 12:31 - Jul 28
Every other team seems to be able to get deals done......... oh yeah Evans does the deals for us !
We still have a shocking defence Marcus !!!
1

AndyH1979 added 12:50 - Jul 28
I thought he was as good as gone according to some people on here! QPR could never have afforded him in the first place so he was always going to stay put.
0

Bert added 13:03 - Jul 28
As others have said, Judge did not request a move. He is in the last few years of his career so salary matters in term s of a future pension so why wouldn't he be interested ? Wouldn't most people want to secure a better future for their family ? I'm hugely pleased that the club rejected the offers and it look s like he is staying. Judge maintained a diplomatic silence but I''m sure he will explain his position in the next few days.






2

dirtydingusmagee added 13:14 - Jul 28
another saga out of the way ,
0

shouldistayorcounago added 13:52 - Jul 28
Corfu, I noticed the same thing on Twitter - people phptoshopping snakes' heads onto the team photo.

I am pleased that we've managed to keep hold of him, and as I have said throughout, I can understand the reasons why he would like the opportunity, but we have no reason to sell. Nobody we could persuade to come in would be the player he is, and even if we recieved 2mil for him, we all knew where that money was and wasn't going to be spent!

Great news for a variety of reasons, but biggest of all that ot does not create the same instability created by late exits last Summer. COYB No excuses now.
0

Saxonblue74 added 16:18 - Jul 28
Very disappointed in him to be honest. The opportunity that ITFC offered him to revive his career was far greater than that offered by QPR.
1

tractorboybig added 17:33 - Jul 28
lets hope he does not do a mcgoldrick and become a complete waste of space!
1

Dozzells_Bobblehat added 18:13 - Jul 28
I really don't see too much wrong with what Judge did . He came here and we offered him a deal . He would have daft not to sign it at that point .
He didn't then ask for a move but a club in a higher league with his old gaffer ,and if what I've read is right also closer to home , come in for him.
He expressed that he would like the opportunity to talk to them . It hasn't worked out .
As long as he doesn't sulk and gets on with his game I think it's good news.
I think most of us would do the same if it was our job .
1

Nobbysnuts added 19:44 - Jul 28
Good news. Now just f#ck off QPR you stupid little club.
-2

TractorRoyNo1 added 09:24 - Jul 29
if QPR get an I jury on Saturday, guess who they will call on Sunday!
0

Gilesy added 09:36 - Jul 29
Why are QPR a "stupid little club" and why should they f#ck off? Don't all clubs do what they did, us included?
1

Razor added 10:08 - Jul 29
Am happy with this, just hope he can now concentrate on his football and produce the goods, which he failed to do at the end of last season.

Doesnt our transfer window close later----the end of August?
0


You need to login in order to post your comments

Blogs 270 bloggers

Ipswich Town Polls

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2020