Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will Town Tv now be unable to host games? 14:02 - May 6 with 2094 viewswkj

With Sky TV and other premium channels broadcasting the vast majority of Premier League games, do we know if Town TV will have any utility at all next season?

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Will Town Tv now be unable to host games? on 14:04 - May 6 with 2070 viewsburnbudgiesburn

They will still be able to show full replays i'd assume, but yeah not much shown live on there.
Will Town Tv now be unable to host games? on 15:32 - May 6 with 1739 viewsGarstangBlue

I assume/hope TownTV will still be able to broadcast to people in Italy and other such places...
Will Town Tv now be unable to host games? on 15:40 - May 6 with 1674 viewsIllinoisblue

Will Town Tv now be unable to host games? on 15:32 - May 6 by GarstangBlue

I assume/hope TownTV will still be able to broadcast to people in Italy and other such places...

Pretty sure that won’t be an option. It will become the in-house club TV channel but no live games shown. Not even sure if they’ll have audio commentary.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Will Town Tv now be unable to host games? on 15:56 - May 6 with 1570 viewsronnyd

Will Radio Suffolk still be able to?
Will Town Tv now be unable to host games? on 16:02 - May 6 with 1526 viewsDJR

Will Town Tv now be unable to host games? on 15:40 - May 6 by Illinoisblue

Pretty sure that won’t be an option. It will become the in-house club TV channel but no live games shown. Not even sure if they’ll have audio commentary.

I looked at Liverpool TV and noticed they do offer audio commentary.
Will Town Tv now be unable to host games? on 16:04 - May 6 with 1503 viewsDJR

Will Town Tv now be unable to host games? on 15:56 - May 6 by ronnyd

I assume so as Radio Merseyside offers commentary of both Liverpool and Everton.

It won't be online though.
Will Town Tv now be unable to host games? on 16:39 - May 6 with 1299 viewsEuropablue

Will Town Tv now be unable to host games? on 14:04 - May 6 by burnbudgiesburn

They will still be able to show full replays i'd assume, but yeah not much shown live on there.

I'm living abroad, so I can't go to any matches live.
If they have full match replays, I'll just avoid the score and just watch the matches delayed.
If Sky could sell me a pass to watch just all of the ITFC matches, I'd probably do that instead.
I just want some recognition that many fans only want to watch and pay to watch only their team's matches.
Will Town Tv now be unable to host games? on 16:39 - May 6 with 1300 viewsJamestownPrince

Will Town Tv now be unable to host games? on 16:04 - May 6 by DJR

I assume so as Radio Merseyside offers commentary of both Liverpool and Everton.

It won't be online though.

If we cannot get commentary online via Town TV - then I might as well cancel and put it towards renewing my NOW TV sports or watching games abroad....
Login to get fewer ads

Will Town Tv now be unable to host games? on 16:49 - May 6 with 1232 viewsGlory_Hunter

Will Town Tv now be unable to host games? on 16:39 - May 6 by Europablue

I'm living abroad, so I can't go to any matches live.
If they have full match replays, I'll just avoid the score and just watch the matches delayed.
If Sky could sell me a pass to watch just all of the ITFC matches, I'd probably do that instead.
I just want some recognition that many fans only want to watch and pay to watch only their team's matches.

Exactly this.

I've been happy paying for Town TV knowing X amount goes to the club and I get to watch my team play. Even if that's been messed with somewhat by Sky this season it's been easily to navigate mostly. And with their full blessing it has to be said.

You don't publish a list of countries the game's available and publicise a VPN if you have a problem with people using it. Saying it's not available was clearly a formality.

But like you I'd prefer not to pay for channels I don't need nor even want for anymore than roughly 90 minutes a week.

What can you do though? I equally want to watch Town live and not have to rely on replays, even on principle! They've got one by the testes.
Will Town Tv now be unable to host games? on 16:58 - May 6 with 1179 viewsEuropablue

Will Town Tv now be unable to host games? on 16:49 - May 6 by Glory_Hunter

Exactly this.

I've been happy paying for Town TV knowing X amount goes to the club and I get to watch my team play. Even if that's been messed with somewhat by Sky this season it's been easily to navigate mostly. And with their full blessing it has to be said.

You don't publish a list of countries the game's available and publicise a VPN if you have a problem with people using it. Saying it's not available was clearly a formality.

But like you I'd prefer not to pay for channels I don't need nor even want for anymore than roughly 90 minutes a week.

What can you do though? I equally want to watch Town live and not have to rely on replays, even on principle! They've got one by the testes.

What makes it more annoying is that it is so unclear. Will there even be a way to watch every match?
I don't want to use illegal streams. I want a decent reliable service for a reasonable price.
I seriously might just watch the replays or just tap out and not watch the matches at all.
I'm not paying more than a season ticket costs to watch only a few matches out of 100s.
Sky could get their money and also let the fans have the coverage they want from their own club legends.
Sky have just made everything much more expensive and haven't improved the competitiveness of the league, actually quite the opposite.
Will Town Tv now be unable to host games? on 17:15 - May 6 with 1120 viewsParisBlue

Will Town Tv now be unable to host games? on 16:58 - May 6 by Europablue

What makes it more annoying is that it is so unclear. Will there even be a way to watch every match?
I don't want to use illegal streams. I want a decent reliable service for a reasonable price.
I seriously might just watch the replays or just tap out and not watch the matches at all.
I'm not paying more than a season ticket costs to watch only a few matches out of 100s.
Sky could get their money and also let the fans have the coverage they want from their own club legends.
Sky have just made everything much more expensive and haven't improved the competitiveness of the league, actually quite the opposite.

It's a bit rubbish. Whilst I have TownTV I also subscribed to NowTV (cheapish rate) for the general Championship coverage. I don't think I've watched more than a couple of PL games as I've little to no interest.

And having somehow managed 32 games this year, I've not seen that many on TownTV either (though I chose that option ahead of the Sky games when I wasn't attending).

Not sure how next season works. Having managed 18 away games I'm hoping I can attend most away games (albeit stupid kick-off times no doubt). Yet to be seen how they manage the limited away tickets available.

I suspect the journey getting there may prove to be the most enjoyable part.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Will Town Tv now be unable to host games? on 17:24 - May 6 with 1073 viewsDaninthecampo

Will Town Tv now be unable to host games? on 16:58 - May 6 by Europablue

Where do you live? Here in Spain DAZN has huge amounts, maybe even all the prem games you can watch at a reasonable price, they cover other countries too
Will Town Tv now be unable to host games? on 17:39 - May 6 with 991 viewsNIblue

Every prem match will be televised live in various countries around the world, but not in the UK.

There will be ways to watch every Town match live on TV in the UK next season, but none will be fully legal as far as I’m aware
Will Town Tv now be unable to host games? on 17:46 - May 6 with 960 viewspatrickswell

Will Town Tv now be unable to host games? on 15:56 - May 6 by ronnyd

Radio Suffolk commentary may also be available through BBC Sport for any Town games played on a Sunday which aren’t being shown by Sky.
Will Town Tv now be unable to host games? on 18:25 - May 6 with 813 viewsEuropablue

Will Town Tv now be unable to host games? on 17:24 - May 6 by Daninthecampo

Where do you live? Here in Spain DAZN has huge amounts, maybe even all the prem games you can watch at a reasonable price, they cover other countries too

I live in Germany, so I think DAZN could be an option. Thanks for the information. I'll look into that option.
All the same, hopefully more details will be forthcoming from ITFC soon about what exactly Town TV is offering.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024