Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who was the best player we faced this season? 09:33 - May 13 with 2304 viewswkj

(Morsy replied with "Summerville")

In the replies to this X tweet, Morsy clearly rates Summerville - and I am inclined to agree. Who were your stand out opposition numbers?
[Post edited 13 May 9:33]

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Who was the best player we faced this season? on 09:36 - May 13 with 2093 viewsSteve_M

Rutter was outstanding for Leeds at PR in August, KDH wasn't far off for Leicester in December.

I thought Southampton, for an hour anyway, were the best team we played but without anyone standing out quite so much.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Who was the best player we faced this season? on 09:39 - May 13 with 2054 viewsChurchman

Summerville is a cracking player. Didn’t show much yesterday, but throughout the season he looked a right handful.

However the one that stood out for me was Whittaker for Plymouth. He looked a big bloke with a heck of a lot of skill and a good shot on him.
Who was the best player we faced this season? on 09:39 - May 13 with 2053 views_clive_baker_

Summerville's a fantastic player. He really should be playing in one of the top divisions next season, and I think he probably will be.
I thought Downes was very good for 60mins at PR on 09:41 - May 13 with 2037 viewsunstableblue

Looked a division above any player on the pitch

He also had good moments yesterday against WBA

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Who was the best player we faced this season? on 09:41 - May 13 with 2033 viewsKeno

Who was the best player we faced this season? on 09:39 - May 13 by _clive_baker_

Summerville's a fantastic player. He really should be playing in one of the top divisions next season, and I think he probably will be.

If Leeds dont go up do you think he will be disenchanted there?

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Who was the best player we faced this season? on 09:42 - May 13 with 2029 viewsHerbivore

Who was the best player we faced this season? on 09:36 - May 13 by Steve_M

Rutter was outstanding for Leeds at PR in August, KDH wasn't far off for Leicester in December.

I thought Southampton, for an hour anyway, were the best team we played but without anyone standing out quite so much.

Yeah, I think I'd have to agree. Rutter was excellent for Leeds at PR and KD-H was a real handful for Leicester too. Thought Aribo was very good for Saints and seemed to be constantly on the ball during their spells on top but that was more of a team performance, they played some good stuff on the night and we did remarkably well to hang in there before gradually getting on top and finishing the game strongly.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Who was the best player we faced this season? on 09:47 - May 13 with 1989 viewsChurchman

Agree re Southampton. They really did give us the runaround for 60/70 minutes. Lovely passing team. Best overall side to visit PR for me.

For best player, Dewsbury-Floponthefloor would have got my vote. He’s outstanding, but his blatant cheating disqualifies him for me.
Who was the best player we faced this season? on 09:47 - May 13 with 1984 viewsSwansea_Blue

Luis Sinisterra? He was pretty much unplayable at FPR earlier in the season.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

I thought Downes was very good for 60mins at PR on 09:49 - May 13 with 1967 viewsHerbivore

I thought Downes was very good for 60mins at PR on 09:41 - May 13 by unstableblue

Looked a division above any player on the pitch

He also had good moments yesterday against WBA

Downes looked the best player on the pitch yesterday I thought. Seemed to be absolutely everywhere. If Saints don't go up, I'd like to see us go in for him, although with West Ham getting a new manager he may want to have another look at Downes before letting him go as he'll have grown a lot this season.

Who was the best player we faced this season? on 09:53 - May 13 with 1927 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Rutter ran both games vs us.

His lack of form since international break also made Leeds fall off a cliff and ruin their season.

Cheers Georgino

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Who was the best player we faced this season? on 09:54 - May 13 with 1914 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Who was the best player we faced this season? on 09:39 - May 13 by Churchman

Summerville is a cracking player. Didn’t show much yesterday, but throughout the season he looked a right handful.

However the one that stood out for me was Whittaker for Plymouth. He looked a big bloke with a heck of a lot of skill and a good shot on him.

Whittaker for me too - doing it surrounded by largely average team mates in a side battling relegation. His goal at PR was one of, if not the best opposition goal I’ve seen this season.

Almost earned a move to Serie A in Jan, he’ll be on the move in the summer no doubt.
Who was the best player we faced this season? on 09:55 - May 13 with 1903 viewsKieran_Knows

Rutter was a funny case really. Leeds spent £40m on him last January and he was absolutely dreadful in the Prem.

Didn't particularly start great in the Championship either, but rocked up at Portman Road and danced around our players like they weren't even there at times.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Who was the best player we faced this season? on 10:01 - May 13 with 1845 viewsMillsTash

Downes was very good.
Who was the best player we faced this season? on 10:21 - May 13 with 1747 viewsRonFearonsHair

Who was the best player we faced this season? on 09:54 - May 13 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Whittaker for me too - doing it surrounded by largely average team mates in a side battling relegation. His goal at PR was one of, if not the best opposition goal I’ve seen this season.

Almost earned a move to Serie A in Jan, he’ll be on the move in the summer no doubt.

Presumably Hutchinson was suitably impressed by Whittaker’s goal given the number of times he seemed to recreate it.
Who was the best player we faced this season? on 10:36 - May 13 with 1645 viewsdavblue

Who was the best player we faced this season? on 09:47 - May 13 by Churchman

Agree re Southampton. They really did give us the runaround for 60/70 minutes. Lovely passing team. Best overall side to visit PR for me.

For best player, Dewsbury-Floponthefloor would have got my vote. He’s outstanding, but his blatant cheating disqualifies him for me.

I would argue, Southampton were better from 15-65, being a pedantic i know but thought it was even from 0-15 mins, then they took control after we scored then we had the better of the game from 65-97 or whatever it was.
Who was the best player we faced this season? on 10:43 - May 13 with 1610 viewsyorkshireblue

For me, it was Luis Sinisterra hands-down. Frustratingly one of his only appearances was against us. If he'd not played that game, I expect we would have gone up as champions.

Doub he'll get a mention but thought WBAs Bartley was also excellent against us.
Who was the best player we faced this season? on 10:45 - May 13 with 1586 viewsvilanovablue

Who was the best player we faced this season? on 09:41 - May 13 by Keno

Off to Liverpool as he knows Slot apparently.
Who was the best player we faced this season? on 11:07 - May 13 with 1471 viewsHerbivore

Who was the best player we faced this season? on 10:36 - May 13 by davblue

I would argue, Southampton were better from 15-65, being a pedantic i know but thought it was even from 0-15 mins, then they took control after we scored then we had the better of the game from 65-97 or whatever it was.

Yeah, that's a fair analysis. Our opener wasn't exactly undeserved and they scored from their first meaningful chance, then after that they were very good for the rest of the first half. Thought the start of the second they were also the better side but we were showing signs of being a threat on the break, then we took over the last part of the game and our relentlessness broke them.

Who was the best player we faced this season? on 11:16 - May 13 with 1404 viewstractorboy1978

Who was the best player we faced this season? on 09:55 - May 13 by Kieran_Knows

Rutter was a funny case really. Leeds spent £40m on him last January and he was absolutely dreadful in the Prem.

Didn't particularly start great in the Championship either, but rocked up at Portman Road and danced around our players like they weren't even there at times.

He's looked pretty poor at times this season as well. Couldn't believe he got in team of the season. 6 goals. Looks either top drawer or loses the ball nearly every time he gets it.
Who was the best player we faced this season? on 11:16 - May 13 with 1402 viewsExiled2Surrey

I dont know enough about the way they have played this season, but I suspect yesterday was one of only a few times when they put three in midfield - can't have helped any of the front players who are used to flooding forwards in numbers - Rutter included.
Who was the best player we faced this season? on 11:24 - May 13 with 1355 viewsParisBlue

Still young, just turned 22 last month.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Who was the best player we faced this season? on 12:39 - May 13 with 1100 viewsmanagement

Would throw in Okay Yokuslu from West Brom, first half of the game at Portman Road ran the show, had to go back into CB for the second half, tall imposing midfielder with good balance, last year of contract, granted wages will be significant but next to nothing in transfer fee.
Who was the best player we faced this season? on 13:20 - May 13 with 979 viewsZx1988

Who was the best player we faced this season? on 09:41 - May 13 by Keno

I had him pegged as more of a small town boy.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Who was the best player we faced this season? on 16:10 - May 13 with 709 viewsChurchman

Who was the best player we faced this season? on 10:36 - May 13 by davblue

Fair call. Tbh, I’ve not watched the game back yet and a pitiful memory like mine does often distort.

No getting round it though, for a chunk of that game, they looked a heck of a team. Mind you, finishing so far ahead of them shows how good we must be.
Who was the best player we faced this season? on 16:43 - May 13 with 641 viewshoppy

Who was the best player we faced this season? on 13:20 - May 13 by Zx1988

I had him pegged as more of a small town boy.

You pegged Summerville?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024